• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Yup.

67Vn6BNl.jpg

YO where can I watch this

somedevil

Please be more specific, this report could be from anywhere.

http://fightnetwork.com/law/japanese-audio-wrestling-year-end-awards-2016/

Start at the 12 minute mark.

What is the complete opposite of AJ Styles's success after leaving TNA?

Its more he is speaking in English when the crowd doesn't speak the language and also i think they placed the promo right before intermission.

edit: Though this spells trouble for the Cody Rhodes debut.

My birthday is tomorrow and I'm going to celebrate by making my own lil' smokies in a blanket and watching the majesty that is Bob Backlund's NewGen heal turn.

It's worth remembering that Hashimoto's only a year in at this point, and the match was structured around that - she was obviously quite nervous and while she had Satomura scouted to a degree, she also made a lot of rookie mistakes and took a hell of a beating in the process, only winning by her resilience and sheer physicality. Even if she's not all there yet, the fact that Meiko Satomura (arguably the best women's wrestler in the world today) is going to such lengths to make a star out of her speaks volumes about her potential. A singles victory over Satomura is no small thing, in the past two years the only other singles losses she's had were to Aja, Io and Hamada.

I got the importance and the context. And maybe I'm judging it harshly because I had just watched Hideyoshi Kamitani, a four year veteran, have a great "passing the torch" match with Okabayashi in BJW. Given the hype, I thought Hashimoto would be further along than she showed. I might watch the Cassandra title match to see how Hashimoto fared there.

She needs to drop the hip attack or learn to make it look brutal though.

Hana Kimora doesn't even have a Cagematch profile, which is surprising.

Anth0ny

roman reigns is the fucking bust of the year you jabronis

he main evented wrestlemania and no one gave a fuck. and still no one gives a fuck.

no one ever cared about the rhode scholars

Kenny is definitely a tryhard but in a far more endearing way than Double J.

Can't wait for him to lose to Okada and go to cutting promos in Japanese. I really don't need to hear anything English Bullet Club Kenny promo to a dead ass crowd who doesn't understand jack.

The way I've kind of viewed Kenny is he truly loves wrestling and what is' about. So he's a "tryhard" because he loves it so much and wants to be having fun.

Barrage

Are all Carny nominees going to be posted for each category or is there just a top 5? Im worried that this will be fixed, like when Roman Reigns got snubbed at the Slammys.

Foggy

Yeah I need to watch more Joshi Wrestling

Is there a reason why male and women wrestling is kept separate in Japan other than fan-bases?

For the most part, it's to cater to fanbases. To the best of my knowledge, there's no serious stigma to intergender matches. When you come across them, they're usually special attractions in non-joshi promotions.

As far as jumping into it, I would focus on Stardom, Sendai, and Oz Academy. Stardom has their streaming service and you can find everything else on the Real Hero Archive. Mostly just focus on talent you like, since all the premier talent is diluted across the numerous promotions. There are clear drawbacks and positives to most of them.

I caught up on a bit of Stardom with my buddy last night. From what I remember.

I have an extreme hangover now, which isn't great because Christmas eve which will also be drunk, then our family tradition of breakfast beers on Christmas morning. Then a BBQ and drinking on Boxing day. It is too much. I just want to watch wrestling.

Lol video was aight. Be the cool dude rolling around school in that car
I still remember the video vividly. The song was forgettable even though I was a big fan of mya. I remember saving all of my nickles, quarters, and dimes to buy fear of flying. I tell you back in 98-2001 every Saturday I was up stairs recording the Saturday mega mix and playing either ps1 or n64. Good times. Usually my recordings got more heavy in 99-2000 so I always associate no mercy, attitude, and wm 2000 with it.

For the most part, it's to cater to fanbases. To the best of my knowledge, there's no serious stigma to intergender matches. When you come across them, they're usually special attractions in non-joshi promotions.

As far as jumping into it, I would focus on Stardom, Sendai, and Oz Academy. Stardom has their streaming service and you can find everything else on the Real Hero Archive. Mostly just focus on talent you like, since all the premier talent is diluted across the numerous promotions. There are clear drawbacks and positives to most of them.

Oh i didn't mean like intergender matches more like NJPW having a women's division.

Thanks for the info definitely gonna check some of this out.

To the point. It just seems Bullet Club is popular in the US still but not much in Japan right now. So how do you handle the group when they are still making you money?

Also anyone buying this shirt?

I'm not as knowledgeable on NJPW as other, but perhaps the Bullet Club has run its course. It's been going on for three years now, 3 (I guess 4?) different leaders and currently dull as fuck. It's like NWO going on as long as it did.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not as knowledgeable on NJPW as other, but perhaps the Bullet Club has run its course. It's been going on for three years now, 3 (I guess 4?) different leaders and currently dull as fuck. It's like NWO going on as long as it did.
I mean how many of the original members are left? WWE has all of the most famous members and the founder and nobody cared.

Top Bottom