• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Mahonay

Banned
C0WFsZEWQAIUTr4.jpg
God I love Ibushi.

Not on Christmas, OwensIsSnow!

I would've marked out 20 years ago, brother!

P.S. I hope you're going to work a match with him after he opens those.

Yeah, crazy heel 2001 Austin and Vince vs Rock and Sting.

Like something they could have and should have attempted during the Invasion or the build up at least.

Zach

They made mention of Lesnar vs. Hogan at SummerSlam '02, so I've gone back to watch it on some Smackdown! episode. Lesnar was soooo much more interesting in '02. Lawd.

Zach

Noting Lesnar's bright future and youth, Cole said like "that's why he's called The Next Big Thing and not The Big Thing!" And it made me think about how crappy "The Big Thing" would be as a nickname.

So how long until they try that out for ol' Reigns?

Hogan taking a powerbomb. In 2002. RIP, brother!

Zach

I'm shocked the Smackdown Live belt isn't already blue to be honest...

2002 Hogan is a top 3 Hogan. Arguably the best Hogan.
Seems like he knows his job is in jeopardy and he's working as hard as he can to stretch out his final run as long as possible. Which means there's some motivation and possibly less shenanigans backstage, so that helps.

My brother surprised me by handing me a WWE 100 greatest matches book, now my bed time reading can get a nice dose of WWE verbiage and a look back at history that will probably be favouring the present since the cover seems to show Ambrose/Wyatt as one of the 100 matches.

Friends, my aunt bought me a book of the 100 Greatest WWE Matches and it has Chris Benoit matches in it. Got me legit shook, it's officially licensed by WWE.
Me and Hazy are present bros!

Benoit is in there? awww gotta get reading this.

Saving this gif for next year, If I remember which I wont.

a2LEblK.png

Friend Ithil, my sister knows me too well.
This is pretty great.

My 10 kideo games list is almost done but number 1 has been a hard fight between Titanfall, Overwatch, Doom, and Stardew.
All fine choices, I never thought I'd be saying that a year ago.

2002 Hogan is a top 3 Hogan. Arguably the best Hogan.
Yes it is the best Hogan, he puts people over, gets hog tied by Taker, taps to Angle and mauled by Lesnar.

Zach

I'm gonna need a minute before I can watch this match. Shawn Michaels is killing me with the spectacular HBK entrance gear over his jeans and bible verse wife beater. For his big comeback match.

What the heck, man?

Edit: Is he wearing jean-tucked cowboy boots?

No.

Nooooo.

I'm gonna need another minute.

Zach

That was a 3-and-3/4-star near-classic, Biggest-Geek-Ever. Heck, it's Christmas! Let's call it a 4-star near-classic!

Every year, I hear Alan4L, Joe Gagne, Joe Lanza, and Rich Kraetsch do their wrestling draft, and I get tempted to drag y WrassleGAF into a draft.

Zach

late but still under the wire

Merry Christmas to the best Gaf community.

I hope none of you got worked into a shoot at family gatherings
Only had to hit a couple inverted atomic drops.
That's the Chirstmas spirit. :')

Do you have no heart?! DO YOU HAVE NO SOUL, YOU SON OF A BITCH! Do you realize what you've just done?!
I bet it would've been better in the moment and not knowing Michaels would go on to have a wrassle renaissance. I try to consider the context when I watch, but it was hard for that one. There was quite a bit to be bored by, honestly, but they did a lot right, too. Very unique match for my situation. Still good, though.

Friends, while Christmas comes to a close I look to the next two nights of Raw and Smackdown, both which I will be attending.

Will Emma finally debut?
Will Samoa Joe be called up?
Will Alexa and Becky put on a good match with no shenanigans?
Will Cena turn heel?
Will anyone stay in the arena for 205 Live?
Will I regret my purchase?

The answers to all of these questions and more, likely all no's. HYPE for Braun tho!

late but still under the wire

Merry Christmas to the best Gaf community.

I hope none of you got worked into a shoot at family gatherings
Just pulled a double Pedigree on my folks tonight, and told them they won't be seeing their only grandchild for at least the next few years. The shit they tried to pull off this weekend would have put Mr. McMahon to shame.

Assuming what Meltzer is saying is correct (and that's a safe assumption), I'm pretty sure we're going to get a babyface Charlotte vs. Nia Jax at WM. Which will no doubt be horrific.

But hey, since when has that ever stopped them?

My 10 kideo games list is almost done but number 1 has been a hard fight between Titanfall, Overwatch, Doom, and Stardew.

I always knew you had good taste, Data. All great picks.

Stardew is my #1

Assuming what Meltzer is saying is correct (and that's a safe assumption), I'm pretty sure we're going to get a babyface Charlotte vs. Nia Jax at WM. Which will no doubt be horrific.

But hey, since when has that ever stopped them?

I always knew you had good taste, Data. All great picks.

Stardew is my #1

WWE would be dumb enough to turn one of their only heels actually capable of being booed face wouldn't they, might as well turn the Miz next too.

WWE would be dumb enough to turn one of their only heels actually capable of being booed face wouldn't they, might as well turn the Miz next too.

Miz is the perfect analog. Charlotte is a great heel, but not in a "wow, she's such a great performer we want to cheer her" way, but more in a "you are unlikable" way. Turning her would just lead to awkwardness like it did during her initial face run. But who cares because we need to push Nia Jax.

Miz is the perfect analog. Charlotte is a great heel, but not in a "wow, she's such a great performer we want to cheer her" way, but more in a "you are unlikable" way. Turning her would just lead to awkwardness like it did during her initial face run. But who cares because we need to push Nia Jax.

Yep they're natural heels.

Charlotte's in ring work might work as a face but fuck her mic work is pure heel. and I can't see her pulling of being a face.

ReiGun

Can you imagine Charlotte trying to cut promos with that annoying sing-songy tone as a face?

The other part of turning her face is that it would leave a huge hole in Raw's Women's division as they'd be losing their top heel. Nia ain't taking that spot, given that she comes out to Carmella-level silence. I suppose that's why they intend to turn Sasha heel, but I shutter at the thought of them possible revisiting that feud with the alignments switched.

They are totally Roman Reignsing Charlotte.

She is totally competent but her booking is horrid and come at the expense of everything else resulting in the wrong kind of heat.

They are totally Roman Reignsing Charlotte.

She is totally competent but her booking is horrid and come at the expense of everything else resulting in the wrong kind of heat.

She is not getting the wrong kind of heat... come on. X-Pac heat is the wrong kind of heat, she is not getting get off my TV heat come on.

She is actually over as a heel.

TJ Perkins is one of the few people that I've ever stopped following on Twitter because of their terrible opinions. I'm actually sorry that I rooted for him in the Cruiserweight Classic.

Top Bottom