• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

DMczaf

Menome's not here to separate us this time, DMczaf! Shoot your best single!

porsha-stewart-kenya-moore-reunion-fight-the-jasmine-brand.gif

People still get shook by Meltzer ratings, incredible.

Can't wait for Nak to hit main roster and people to fall over each other praising everything he touches.

It looks like that must have been approved at a pretty high level - you can't see Benoit's face and the article focuses on Jericho, so the person putting it together knew what they were doing given they tried to mitigate to that extent.
You're probably right but it still seemed odd that they'd even mention him at all. If you give that book to a kid they might be curious and go and look him up, which is what I thought the whitewashing was supposed to prevent in the first place?

You're probably right but it still seemed odd that they'd even mention him at all. If you give that book to a kid they might be curious and go and look him up, which is what I thought the whitewashing was supposed to prevent in the first place?

I suspect the more time goes on the less they care about it. The only reason Vince did it to begin with was to avoid negative publicity. It's not like he has a moral centre or anything.

Same reason we'll probably see Hogan back next year. Not that they're remotely comparable, except in the principle - Vince will do as much as he can get away with.

Recall

The 30 years of Wrestlemania book mentions Benoit. it came out like 2 years ago.

I suspect the more time goes on the less they care about it. The only reason Vince did it to begin with was to avoid negative publicity. It's not like he has a moral centre or anything.

Same reason we'll probably see Hogan back next year. Not that they're remotely comparable, except in the principle - Vince will do as much as he can get away with.

You're not wrong there. They did a complete 180 on Chyna once she died.

Didn't Sasha herself say she's scared of Vince and doesn't try talking to him at all and only talks to HHH? That, combined with the fact Vince is somehow convinced she's injury-prone probably explains why he isn't high on her.

Nate Million and Brian Mann are doing a WCW 2000 review podcast for the LAW next year

Based on their previous podcasts, I can say with relative certainty that I will never listen to an episode of this.

Didn't Sasha herself say she's scared of Vince and doesn't try talking to him at all and only talks to HHH? That, combined with the fact Vince is somehow convinced she's injury-prone probably explains why he isn't high on her.

That, and, you know.

I never watched much ecw but decided to put on barely legal 97 after watching the untold story of ecw and Jesus it sounds like a gunshot is going off every time someone hits the mat.

Zach

Hey, klonere, did you ever tell me why that one podcast you were talking up is good, or did you just want to tell everyone that you don't like The Lapsed Fan?

klonere

Banned
Hey, klonere, did you ever tell me why that one podcast you were talking up is good, or did you just want to tell everyone that you don't like The Lapsed Fan?

Sorry Zach, I've been travelling/doing family stuff so my access to internet is limited! I wouldn't ignore you like a certain someone else.

So what BTS does is they read through the old Observers/PWTorch/other dirtsheets from the current week in the past.

For example this week's episode is looking at 1992

Kris & David are guestless this week discussing the week that was December 21-27, 1992. We talk about the early rumblings of Ric Flair going to back WCW, SMW’s first Christmas Chaos tour, sex change accusations in Memphis, Arn Anderson & Erik Watts brawl at a gas station, & Rick Rude gets ripped in Kathie Lee Gifford’s book

They look at wrestling worldwide as well, not just the US. The depth of knowledge and anecdotes that you get each week is just incredible. Learn how Dusty Rhodes was basically HHH and booked JCP/WCW into the ground! Or the insane JCP schedule from 1986 (5 shows in 24 hours!).

http://placetobenation.com/between-the-sheets-75-december-21-27-1992/

Martin bushby and Ollie from.voices of wrestling

Never heard of Martin but Ollie is pretty great on the VOW BritWres roundtable.

Jesus this 6 man tag match with Taka, Suzuki, and other guys I don't know the name of sadly was amazing from start to finish,absolutely ridiculous how they kept up with the lightning fast pace from beginning to end. I had garbage in my hand ready to throw out and I ended up sitting on the couch and watching all 20 minutes with it still in my hand.

Zach

Sorry Zach, I've been travelling/doing family stuff so my access to internet is limited! I wouldn't ignore you like a certain someone else.

So what BTS does is they read through the old Observers/PWTorch/other dirtsheets from the current week in the past.

For example this week's episode is looking at 1992

They look at wrestling worldwide as well, not just the US. The depth of knowledge and anecdotes that you get each week is just incredible. Learn how Dusty Rhodes was basically HHH and booked JCP/WCW into the ground! Or the insane JCP schedule from 1986 (5 shows in 24 hours!).

http://placetobenation.com/between-the-sheets-75-december-21-27-1992/
Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Finally checked out Progress, thanks to Monsoon for recs, while riding my bike on the trainer. Some thoughts

Noticed how the crowd adds to the matches rathner than take away coughfullsailcough.

Love the use of real music for entrances

The ring looks really smal

Match length is perfect. Not too short, not too long.

Looking forward to finishing Chapter 19 and jumping into more recent stuff.

klonere

Banned
Finally checked out Progress, thanks to Monsoon for recs, while riding my bike on the trainer. Some thoughts

Noticed how the crowd adds to the matches rathner than take away coughfullsailcough.

Yeah the ring is something you'll get used to. Best thing about watching PROGRESS is that it er, progresses and gets better all the time.

Yeah the ring is something you'll get used to. Best thing about watching PROGRESS is that it er, progresses and gets better all the time.

I got used to it pretty quick. I realized it actually aided in the matches a lot because it kept them close and didn't allow for a ton of obvious run and misses.

If you're on 19, I'd watch 20 before jumping to the newer stuff, that main event crowd

I got used to it pretty quick. I realized it actually aided in the matches a lot because it kept them close and didn't allow for a ton of obvious run and misses.
I remember the days of BritWres standard being 10x10 rings where you couldn't do a suplex and lie end to end

it's a better time

Top Bottom