• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

After Sami Zayn managed to survive his onslaught at Roadblock: End of the Line, the furious Braun Strowman wanted nothing more than to eviscerate The Underdog from the Underground this past week on Raw. Unfortunately, Raw General Manager Mick Foley gave Zayn the night off, leading Strowman to unleash his anger on Sin Cara, Titus O’Neil, several crewmembers and, at the end of the night, U.S. Champion Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins.

It remains to be seen if The Monster Among Men will face consequences for his actions, but if Strowman is allowed to roam free on Raw this coming Monday night in Chicago, pain will surely follow.
Charlotte Flair is pretty proud of herself after defeating Sasha Banks in a 30-Minute WWE Iron Man Match at Roadblock: End of the Line to become the new Raw Women’s Champion, but it had to sting a little bit when Bayley scored a non-title victory over her on Monday night, bringing The Huggable One to 3-0 against the self-professed “Iron Queen.”

One has to imagine that a Raw Women’s Title opportunity is on the horizon for Bayley given her successes against Charlotte. To paraphrase her theme song, there ain’t no stopping her now

After being forced to attend sensitivity training on Raw — punishment for his “revealing” post-shower mishap back in November — Enzo Amore’s misery continued when he fell victim to a two-on-one assault, courtesy of Rusev and his sensitivity training classmate, Jinder Mahal.

Big Cass already had unfinished business with The Super Athlete, but now The Realest Guys in the Room have even more reason to bludgeon The Bulgarian Brute and his apparent ally, the so-called “Man Who Comes in Peace.” Will these “haters” get a certified beatdown from The Certified Gs?

Is rusev a face? Every stroyline seems to be home defending his wife

CFlA3L0W8AA_s72.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
People still get shook by Meltzer ratings, incredible.

Can't wait for Nak to hit main roster and people to fall over each other praising everything he touches.
The second he hits the main roster people will say he's a geek who mails it in and can't cut a promo.

somedevil

That's interesting. I was wondering why they didn't roll her out for Asuka after Trish fell through.

It was always going to be Mickie James. She been wrestling in Indies and
Lita hasn't done a match in 10 years. So if this is going to happen she has be getting into ring shape

This is interesting. WWE put up a Samoa Joe and John Cena video talking about their history together.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/813504876625809408

Lita hasn't done a match in 10 years. So if this is going to happen she has be getting into ring shape

This is interesting. WWE put up a Samoa Joe and John Cena video talking about their history together.

Wasn't she recently let go from her job on the pre show? Seems weird to bring her back after that

Oh, interesting. I thought Trish was at the performance centre getting ready for something six months back or something? I don't know. I need to stop buying into rumours. I get too excite d

Zach

I finally watched that recent Iron Man between Sasha and Charlotte. Pretty good. Three and a quarter.

I think I'm gonna go back in time and watch Sasha vs. Bayley and see if it's as great as I thought it was in the moment...

I finally watched that recent Iron Man between Sasha and Charlotte. Pretty good. Three and a quarter.

I think I'm gonna go back in time and watch Sasha vs. Bayley and see if it's as great as I thought it was in the moment...

Waiting on your definitive ranking of every Bayley match.

Anth0ny

Charlotte Flair is pretty proud of herself after defeating Sasha Banks in a 30-Minute WWE Iron Man Match at Roadblock: End of the Line to become the new Raw Women’s Champion, but it had to sting a little bit when Bayley scored a non-title victory over her on Monday night, bringing The Huggable One to 3-0 against the self-professed “Iron Queen.”

read this sentence out loud

Zach

Why isn't The Miz (haha) in the "Best on the mic" section? I thought that's what you guys were always rubbing one out over?

And that is why I put up my nominations: you where I stand because I'm always a a straight shooter.

my nominations for the 2016 Carnies:

1. Wrestler of the year
a. WWE: AJ Styles
b. NJPW: Kazuchika Okada
c. Other: Chris Hero

2. Worst wrestler of the year: Mahabali Shera

3. Best women wrestler: Meiko Satomura

3. Match of the Year
a. WWE: John Cena vs. AJ Styles, SummerSlam 2016
b. NJPW: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Kazuchika Okada, G1 Climax 2016 Night 13 (August 6, 2016)
c. Other: Kento Miyahara vs. Kengo Mashimo, AJPW Champion Carnival Day One (April 9, 2016)

4. Worst match of the year: Gail Kim vs. Maria Kanellis, TNA Bound for Glory 2016

5. Promotion of the year: Big Japan Pro Wrestling

6. Best PPV of the year: NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10

7. Best on the mic: Daniel Bryan on Talking Smack

8. Best gimmick: Chris Hero, independent wrestling god

9. Worst gimmick: The New Day

10. Angle of the year: Kento Miyahara becomes All Japan Pro Wrestling's ace

11. Worst angle/moment of the year: NOAH vs. Suzuki-gun, which almost killed NOAH

12. Best moment: Daisuke Sekimoto and Go Shiozaki chop the shit out of each other in front of Kenta Kobashi, Fortune Dream 3, June 14, 2016

13. Carny of the year: WWE Hall of Famer and President-elect Donald Trump; if we're instituting a "no Trump" rule, then Dixie Carter, surviving for another year

14. Shooter of the year: Bobby Lashley

15. Most overrated wrestler of the year: Timothy Thatcher

16. Most underrated wrestler of the year: Shuji Ishikawa

17. Comeback of the year: Goldberg

18. Most improved: Zeus

19. Move of the year: Chris Hero's ripcord elbow

20. Please retire: Big Show

Barrage

Roman Reigns being on Most Overrated is a joke.

Also,not being able to say to vote for WWE as Promotion of the Year without a snarky insult is trashy (and I say that someone who wouldn't have voted for them.)

Mubbed

I thought Big Japan had enough positive buzz this year for at least some recognition (Strong BJ and Twin Towers at the very least).

The options are easier than ever. Don't want to pay? Watch Big Japan, NOAH, All Japan, and a bunch of other puroresu on the RealHero Archive. Paying for the WWE Network?

Why not pay for NJPW World, Demand Progress, FloSlam, RevPro On Demand, Stardom World, or DDT Universe instead?

But WWE viewers will always make up the majority.

MG310

There should be a "Most Carny Moment of the Year" award.

Things like..

Billy Corgan/TNA lawsuit

Orton/Brock

Brock's piss burning through to the center of the Earth and WWE ignoring it but handing out wellness suspensions for late paperwork.

The Paige/Alberto Del Rio Saga

etc.

Top Bottom