• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

I'm really excited for DDT Universe.

NJPW and Stardom World are the other subs I have, along with WWE Network.

Stardom is great watching but they really need to work on their site and upload stuff quicker. Interviews with Rossy, Pajama Party etc etc are all fun too.

I should probably start watching Progress.

We've got a fair few people here watching PROGRESS now, which is progress. More non-NJPW Japan talk would be welcome though.

Incidentally, if you haven't watched the main event from Fortune Dream 3 yet (I'm looking at you, Zach), please do so; https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5rK95X3mRiianBVMTB5YWZkY0U

Best tag match this year. Yes, better than that other tag match you're all thinking of.

My plan is to get into PROGRESS as well, can't complain about getting more stuff with Trent Seven or Coffeys.

Anth0ny

the finish to orton/brock has to be one of the carniest moments in history

and i love violence. and blood. and shooting.

but fuck that was dumb on all levels

There should be a "Most Carny Moment of the Year" award.

Things like..

Billy Corgan/TNA lawsuit

Orton/Brock

Brock's piss burning through to the center of the Earth and WWE ignoring it but handing out wellness suspensions for late paperwork.

The Paige/Alberto Del Rio Saga

etc.
CM Punk working the UFC into a 10 second pay-day exposing UFC fans and the WWE Universe
:)

I'd like to look at Stardom. Chromecast pls

qnl5anvd9myx.gif

His post-WWE career makes me think Sandow in most overrated. The guy has done nothing to show WWE they missed out on their supposed potential biggest star yet as his fans liked to claim.

It was a tough year for competition but honestly Orton/Br*ck was exactly the type of carny that you knew would win Carniest Moment the moment the story behind it broke

You don't see that kind of "taking yourself too seriously at the expense of common sense" often anywhere anymore

Bronx-Man

Banned
Here's my vote, because fuck you

Best Male WWE Wrestler
AJ

Best NJPW Wrestler
Naito

Best Other Wrestler
Chris Hero

Best Female Wrestler
Charlotte

Best Tag Team
Revival (If you voted for the Bucks, you are banned from posting in WrassleGAF forever)

Worst Wrestler
Other (Bull James)

WWE Match of the Year
Roman vs AJ, Extreme Rulez

NJPW Match of the Year
Okada vs Naito, Invasion Attack

Best Other Match
Hero vs Ishii

Worst Match of the Year
Gail vs Maria

Promotion of the Year
Every promotion sucked this year, but fuck it, PWG wins

PPV of the Year
Takeover: Toronto

Best on the Mic
Miz

Best Gimmick
Naito

Worst Gimmick
Shining Stars

Angle of the Year
Broken Matt

Moment of the Year
Brother Nero video

Worst Moment of the Year
Old Day

Carny of the Year
Vader (How the fuck is Trump not nominated?)

Shooter of the Year
Sin Cara

Most Overrated
Cody Rhodes

Most Underrated
Ishii

Comeback of the Year
Miz

Most Improved
Alexa Bliss (Charlotte was a lot better towards the end of her NXT run)

Move of the Year
One-Winged Angel

Please Retire
HHH

Worst McMahon
Vince

The initial plan with Emmalina was to involve her into a feud with Sasha Banks. The Boss would have retained her title at Roadblock: End of the Line PPV starting a fresh championship feud from the next night onwards.

Dana Brooke is no more seen as Charlotte’s protégé since WWE creative has thought of aligning her with Emmalina upon her arrival but that did not happen.

http://www.oneindia.com/sports/wwe-original-plans-with-emmalina-on-her-debut-revealed-2300178.html

giphy.gif

I can't tell if I want this to be real or just the site making up stuff.

Using my original list because fuck it why not

Best Male WWE Wrestler: Reigns
Best New Japan Wrestler: Naito
Best Other Wrestler: Hero
Best Female Wrestler: Alternating between Charlotte and Becky honestly
Best Team: The Jimmyz in Dragon Gate
Worst Wrestler: Dean Ambrose
WWE MOTY: Goldberg/Br*ck
New Japan MOTY: Naito/Omega
MOTY Other: Tie between Ospreay, Ricochet and Sydal vs Cole and the Bucks in PWG, and Total Nonstop Deletion tag Apocalypto in TNA
Worst MOTY: TNA One Night Only gauntlet battle royal between Kong, Rebel, Deonna, Chelsea, Marti, Jade, and Rayne (gifs were on Twitter, full match went up on Youtube, holy fucking god to both)
Promotion: PWG, but I can hear arguments for New Japan
PPV of the Year: PWG BOLA Night 2, but I can hear arguments for Wrestle Kingdom
Best on the Mic: Sheamus
Best Gimmick: The Jimmyz
Worst Gimmick: Zayn
Angle of the Year: Broken Matt
Moment of the Year: Reigns winning the belt and getting Redemption at Mania
Worst Moment: Tie between Dean Ambrose: World Champ and HHH: World Champ AND Rumble Winner
Carny of the Year: The McMahon family, especially HHH
Shooter of the Year: DMczaf
Most Overrated: Cody R
Most Underrated: Naito
Comeback: Goldberg
Most Improved: Charlotte, could also hear arguments for Naito
Move of the Year: Del Rio to the unemployment line
Please Retire: HHH and Dean
Worst McMahon: HHH

MG310

His post-WWE career makes me think Sandow in most overrated. The guy has done nothing to show WWE they missed out on their supposed potential biggest star yet as his fans liked to claim.

He certainly looks like he doesn't give a shit and is just getting whatever money he can out of TNA.

As for Cody I feel like he is trying to follow the template of Drew Galloway's post WWE career. The difference is that we never got to see what McIntyre was capable of between the too soon "Chosen One" push and then being put in a comedy stable. We know what Cody Rhodes is already.

I have been wrong before, but I have some faith in RAW tonight

WWE should be forced to put on a decent show as Chicago crowds will rebel against trash

If WWE give trash a rebellious crowd will be fun.

It is Win/Win for our entertainment.

Zach

In 2016, I conquered imbask and OwensIsNow (not to mention Data West's heart) and now I'm coming for you, Heroman, in TWENTY-SEVENTEEEEEEN.

Top Bottom