• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Linkified

To be honest by the time Mania comes around AJ Syles will be nearing 160 days as champ, after mania he will beat Miz reign. Good motivation and another term AJ can use ...

"The champ who runs the camp, the face who runs the place, the awesome phenomenal one AJ Styles."

Wait until he passes 280 days then they will stick on the Wrestlign God JBL tagline...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Even in my fantasy booking scenario, I have no idea what the logical angles are for Raw at WM this year, though.

Goldberg v. Lesnar
Styles v. Orton
Cena v. Undertaker
Jobber Rumble
Roman v. ??? (I have legit no idea who is going to credibly fight Roman at WM on Raw, maybe Finn?)
HHH v. Rollins
Owens v. Jericho (?)
Everyone else in weird multi-man matches?
Nikki v. Becky is the obvious choice for SD's women's title, but they'd have to turn one of them and it seems like a bad idea to turn Nikki when she's legit over for once.
Charlotte v. ??? I guess they could do the triple threat or a fatal four-way with all of the relevant women in the division.

Didn't he drop that move? I don't remember him doing it in his matches with AJ.
This is true, the bullying must've got through to him.

I'd be more okay with it if it actually ended matches

Alas in WWE only finishers and roll ups win matches, ESPECIALLY Cena matches.
At least it's not as bad as when you have wrestlers with signatures that look ten times more devastating than their actual finishers.

Striker

He's been okay in 2002. Probably the best I've ever seen from him.
It's my favorite incarnation of him though I liked him in '96-97 too feuding with Vader and Mankind. Never cared for his 2004-present day stuff even though he's had really good matches here and there (Edge, Michaels, and Batista).

Sephzilla

Just saw Rogue One. It was indeed Vader Time, friends

Rogue One had a shaky first half but I thought the second half was pretty great. And yeah, the Vader Time moment in the movie was basically everything I wanted and never got out of the Prequel Trilogy. I marked out hard there.

Steve Austin, is that you?

Heh, I agree quite a bit with Austin in terms of finishers and what not in current WWE. Basically, WWE right now has a massive DBZ Power Creep issue going on with moves to the point where half of everyone's move set consists of moves that used to be finishers.

Nekofrog

Banned
The thing about AJs run is that nobody is clamoring for a new champion because you know with each title defense AJ has you're going to get at least 3 and heif multzer mario stars

Taker's best and most consistent in ring run (2005-2010?) is also his most boring character run, it's conflicting.

Heh, I agree quite a bit with Austin in terms of finishers and what not in current WWE. Basically, WWE right now has a massive DBZ Power Creep issue going on with moves to the point where half of everyone's move set consists of moves that used to be finishers.

Speaking of Taker, his toolbox is like 50% finishing moves.

Rogue One had a shaky first half but I thought the second half was pretty great. And yeah, the Vader Time moment in the movie was basically everything I wanted and never got out of the Prequel Trilogy. I marked out hard there.

I really liked it. I was surprised how much I did and even though I should have expected it
I was legit shook when they killed off the entire main cast of characters in the team. And yeah, Vader's bit at the end was fucking badass. The darkness and then that whoosh noise with the red of the lightsaber lighting it up.

And then moves that shouldn't be finishers are finishers like with the Bayley-to-Belly.

Red Arrow and End of Days should continue to be the protected finishers they are.

Striker

Remember when Orton used to do the Olympic Slam as a normal move.

miserable

beastow5svo.gif

As someone mostly indifferent to the star wars saga I marked out like a kid for HEEL Vader, that was the kind of shit you used to see when a wrestler made their returns in 2000 era WWE, you know when they just storm in and beat the piss out of everyone.

Kornflayx

Cena wins the title at RR by going heel so AJ can win the title back as the face in the main event of WM.

I know guys, let me dream

If there's one writing team what would try a Cena heel turn, it's Ryan Ward & co. But Vince is never letting that happen unfortunately, we'll just get borderline Cena.

Heel Cena, making excuses for losses, saying 'fuck it I get a title shot when I want to', & 'fuck the new generation' would have been amazing though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

That's why it was hilarious when the Swann/Neville match ended on a Superplex.

Raw64life

Cena wins the title at RR by going heel so AJ can win the title back as the face in the main event of WM.

I know guys, let me dream

I was begging for Cena to cold cock AJ at the end of SD last night after he basically cut a heel promo at the top of the show.

Would love to see him just become obsessed with being the greatest wrestler of all time. Cheat to beat AJ, con Undertaker into putting his career on the line at WM and then cheat to beat him and retire him. Trash/beat up past legends (Hart, HBK, Flair, Goldberg, hell bring back Hogan, he already took care of The Rock). Have him face Austin at WM35 as the last obstacle in his way to being the undisputed greatest champion ever. Book it.

I find Star Wars to be pretty boring, but that Rogue One ending made me want to see the original trilogy. Marked out for Vader time.
Rogue One makes me want a Star Wars movie that is basically a Friday the 13th slasher movie, with Vader playing the part of Jason
That'd be the beez F'N neez.

I was begging for Cena to cold cock AJ at the end of SD last night after he basically cut a heel promo at the top of the show.

Would love to see him just become obsessed with being the greatest wrestler of all time. Cheat to beat AJ, con Undertaker into putting his career on the line at WM and then cheat to beat him and retire him. Trash/beat up past legends (Hart, HBK, hell bring back Hogan, he already took care of The Rock). Have him face Austin at WM35 as the last obstacle in his way to being the undisputed greatest champion ever. Book it.
Trash. -5*. DUD. RIP WWE

Jerm411

If there's one writing team what would try a Cena heel turn, it's Ryan Ward & co. But Vince is never letting that happen unfortunately, we'll just get borderline Cena.

Heel Cena, making excuses for losses, saying 'fuck it I get a title shot when I want to', & 'fuck the new generation' would have been amazing though.

Isn't that pretty much what we saw Tuesday outside of the same old boring "I'm not leaving" schtick....I do agree they should go full bore with it though.

Angry Grimace

Mauro and Graves are a great announce team. Too bad the only show they do together is the D-show.

Isn't that pretty much what we saw Tuesday outside of the same old boring "I'm not leaving" schtick....I do agree they should go full bore with it though.
Yeah, the problem is he still gets to say shit like that but commentary & the WWE still sells it like he's a face.

If they actually acknowledged he's being an asshole right now, it would be amazing.

Angry Grimace

The hilarious part is that if the fans really wanted Roman to not be popular, they would just be silent during his intro and not react to anything he does.

Fuuuu NJPW put up a bunch more free content. All the title matches of 2016. Starting with the Omega/Elgin ladder match. lol@ the ref finding the Bucks under the ring apron. Those Bucks!

Real talk I might cancel my WWE and try out NJPW in January. Just gotta figure out how their content schedule works.

Hasney

casul: NJPW looks good.
mark: Watch WK11
casul: How
mark: njpwworld.com
casul: When it on?
mark: 8:00 AM Wednesday morning
casul: O that's pretty good, much better than trying to watch WWE live here in the UK
mark: You goddamn right. Pint?
casul: Sure

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
casul: what the fuck is njpw that's not in english what channel is that on no im not giving my credit card to some foreign site. also why is the guy on the covers body so shitty looking?

Top Bottom