• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
His last show is this Friday's.

Of course, Dana White wants to go after Jim Rome, which proves that it actually is possible to find someone even worse than Mike Goldberg.

I've been a Rome listener for like 20 years now. I started listening when he was a local broadcast guy doing Raiders v. Chargers Hell Week when I was in high-school.

You have to be used to him. That said, I have no idea why he'd take a UFC announcing gig given his annual salary from his radio show alone is $30,000,000.

Heroman

Banned
wk11.jpg

Soon

Zach

I mean, I've been having an alright time with this tag division and all, but Edge and Ron Mysterio is the most random team...

Mubbed

I mean, I've been having an alright time with this tag division and all, but Edge and Ron Mysterio is the most random team...
Did you skip Rebellion 2002? I'm not sure how UK exclusive PPVs are setup on the Network but it is worth watching every Brock Lesnar main event.

Zach

Did you skip Rebellion 2002? I'm not sure how UK exclusive PPVs are setup on the Network but it is worth watching every Brock Lesnar main event.
I've been skipping the UK shows since I concluded the Gradez (through WM 17). I think I can live without them since they always feel so inconsequential.

Fitting end for AJ's 2016 to save a match from Corbin's botch.

It's crazy, CRAZY how huge the quality gap is between SD and Raw. This episode was pretty much better than the last two Raw PPVs.

Tagyhag

Fitting end for AJ's 2016 to save a match from Corbin's botch.

That was so damn close, I don't know how Corbin fucked up so badly but he did. Other than that he worked his ass off but it's botches like that that make the higher ups reconsider your place so he should tread lightly.

That was so damn close, I don't know how Corbin fucked up so badly but he did. Other than that he worked his ass off but it's botches like that that make the higher ups reconsider your place so he should tread lightly.

Yeah, if it wasn't for that, that match was one of Corbin's best showings. I thought the End of ZigZagz was a cool spot.

shaowebb

Basically Corbin was supposed to slide in to break up Dolph's pin on AJ, but didn't get there in time. AJ's instincts kicked in and he broke the pin.

Found it.
LEkbRBC.gif

God Corbin is trash. Terrible case of "wrestler tattoo" syndrome, and just sorta shoved down our throats as someone supposedly scary out there. Guy just seems like a balding washout getting carried by folks in his matches too much to back on any push. Plus his whole shtick is pretty much generic badguy doin boots, and basic 80s villain spots of yelling at folks. He just doesn't have anything distinctive to him to make him more than generic.

Not going to let that botch take anything away from how great Corbin was last night, actually having an organic rise to the main even scene and he did great.

Asides from that, which admittedly is a bit of a bad botch on timing, Corbin was great last night. He was used in the right ways and I'm glad the End of Days continues to be protected.

That chairs match with Kalisto was still much better then I ever thought it could be.

The NXT canon confuses me. They tell you some things are taped, but everything except for the Takeovers are taped, and I don't think they want you to think the weekly shows aren't happening live.

Nekofrog

Banned
Found it.
LEkbRBC.gif

God Corbin is trash. Terrible case of "wrestler tattoo" syndrome, and just sorta shoved down our throats as someone supposedly scary out there. Guy just seems like a balding washout getting carried by folks in his matches too much to back on any push. Plus his whole shtick is pretty much generic badguy doin boots, and basic 80s villain spots of yelling at folks. He just doesn't have anything distinctive to him to make him more than generic.

I recognize all of these words but I don't understand how any of it applies to corbin as he is good verging on really good.

It's funny to hear the positive reception to Smackdown last night. The absolute slog of commercial breaks made it really boring in the arena. Felt like AJ was lying down for majority of the main event which was killing the crowd, who wouldn't wake up until the table spot

Thought it'd be an easy win for SD but Raw was quite a bit more enjoyable live.

Oney vs Almas in Japan right now

The WWE Japan fans are different than the New Japan fans. I don't think many who watch WWE watch and New Japan and same for New Japan fans.

Even then, the "One Fall!" hasn't completely become a thing in WWE has it? I'm not sure how it is in Full Sail, but I've only really noticed it in Takeovers. Even the Raw & Smackdown in Glasgow, it didn't seem noticeable to me when I was there. Memory might be playing tricks on me.

It's funny to hear the positive reception to Smackdown last night. The absolute slog of commercial breaks made it really boring in the arena. Felt like AJ was lying down for majority of the main event which was killing the crowd, who wouldn't wake up until the table spot

I watch the 90 minute version on Hulu so it's great. But yeah, there was like three commercial breaks during the main event or something.

Even after the table spot place seemed quiet. No HO-LEE-SHIT or nothin'.

I watch the 90 minute version on Hulu so it's great. But yeah, there was like three commercial breaks during the main event or something.

Even after the table spot place seemed quiet. No HO-LEE-SHIT or nothin'.
They tried but it was pretty disorganized. "Wait should I chant CM Punk??"

Which there actually were punk chants in that match, might've been in commercials but yea it was a whole lot of slow Corbin/Ziggler action

Has anyone been to an NXT house show? I got tickets to the Royal Rumble and the Takeover before it, but I figured out there's a NXT house show the day before Takeover here in Dallas, and I can't decide it it's worth going to or not

The women's division in NXT just makes me sad now.

Kinda amazing how losing Nia, Bliss and Carmella at the same time really messed things up, when you can argue that at least 2 of them needed more time in NXT. Combine that with Dana (also rather green) and Bayley's call ups, it's insane.

They really need to get Nikki and Ember built up for Asuka, a few months of those 3 tearing the house down is sorely needed. I'm sure there's a couple of extra people that need this as well. But why they didn't have Ember or Nikki on this Osaka show, I don't know.

Top Bottom