• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This thread is getting goofy

I need shoot

C0aZokdVEAIgxPn.jpg

I wish they made Ember into a female Randy Orton/crazy person but it looks like they still dont know what to do with her

It's ridiculous and it's not as if there needs to be a lot of work to just give her something. Even just something basic as the thrill of competition being the fire that drives her, lets her opponents get more offense in than they should plays into it. She wants to go to war but hasn't had the opportunity in NXT yet to do so.

Hell, cite the Greek mythology of Athena (I mean, Ember Moon is still Athena's WWE name) and the "War Goddess" influences from that and play with it, she's been using "NXTWarGoddess" as a hash tag for a while now anyway. Honestly, I think she already knows but just hasn't been given the chance for whatever reason, it's just a modification of that.

The Rumble(itself) in 89 was fun

Honestly, I think the Rumble was better before they threw the automatic world title shot at WrestleMania into the mix in 1993, which eventually made shit way more predictable as to who would win.

UberTag

Crazy that people here think he'll go midcard when he loses the title to Cena.

AJ IS Smackdown. He's the Smackdown Six all rolled into one.
The fans have acknowledged AJ as their hero even if Vince and company won't do it during a time of season they perceive matters. AJ will take a step back for Mania season - I won't take it to the bank that either Styles or Owens will get singles matches on that card even though AJ had one with Jericho last year - but he'll be right back in the main event picture once the part-timers go away and Cena decides to take another 6-month break to film movies and his reality series.

And let not fool ourselves, Miz will be in a multi man match for the IC title.
I'm convinced anyone worth watching at Mania will be hid away in some multi-man match for some mid-card belt nobody gives a rat's ass about while Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and the part-timers all get 30-minute matches filled with restholds and overbooking.

That includes the likes of Styles, Owens, Jericho, Nakamura, Joe, Miz, Zayn and anyone else that doesn't look like Brauny the Strowman or Big Cass.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hana isn't under contract yet and JWP and Stardom both have been building angles and shows around her.
tumblr_ohtrhxzpYX1v77mxuo1_1280.jpg

It's pretty obvious but I imagine William Regal or Triple H will 'discover' her in the next 5 years

Rimfya

Banned
What makes people think Goldberg is going to WM?

The SS match was fun, but do you really want a real 20min match with those two?

He'll be eliminated from the Rumble and retire for good.

Heroman

Banned

Because Goldberg vs Brock no matter how bad it will be is the biggest money they can do, and Brock gonna get his win back.

UberTag

Mania isn't about wanting quality matches any more.
It's about wanting quality WrestleMania moments. Goldberg hasn't had his yet.

The WrestleMania that delivers great matches and not half-assed spectacle is next Wednesday.

Because Goldberg vs Brock no matter how bad it will be is the biggest money they can do, and Brock gonna get his win back.
50/50 booking at its finest. And if that's the biggest money they can do, then there's something royally fucked up in this business.
Because mooching off the nostalgia train while leaving the current product to die can only carry you for so long.

Mania isn't about wanting quality matches any more.
It's about wanting quality WrestleMania moments. Goldberg hasn't had his yet.

The WrestleMania that delivers great matches and not half-assed spectacle is next Wednesday.

50/50 booking at its finest. And if that's the biggest money they can do, then there's something royally fucked up in this business.
Because mooching off the nostalgia train while leaving the current product to die can only carry you for so long.

My favorite part is it's not even 50/50. Goldberg would still be up in the all time series 2-1

Hana isn't under contract yet and JWP and Stardom both have been building angles and shows around her.

It's pretty obvious but I imagine William Regal or Triple H will 'discover' her in the next 5 years

They'll be looking at her now, for sure.

Hopefully they don't get to her in a long time.

Tall4Life

So when AJ drops the title to Cena at the Rumble, where does he go from there?

Miz? Talk about a step down (title wise, nothing against Miz, quite the contrary in fact). At least we know KO has a Jericho feud ready after he drops to Roman.

No way is Cena winning at the Rumble. That would tie him for Flair's record, and you know they would want to do a BIG coronation for that. The Rumble is big but its not THAT big. AJ retains until Mania.

Only thing I remember about the 90 rumble is the crowd going apeshit when DiBiase is all alone in the ring and then the buzzer goes off and it's Jake Roberts.

Hogan/Warrior, only two left right now in the rumble. lol Sean Michaels got knocked out only being in for a minute

WM news from Meltzer

Right now when it comes to WrestleMania while there are a lot of rumors and directions being stated, there are only three matches locked in, which are Brock Lesnar vs. Bill Goldberg, HHH vs. Seth Rollins and Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal.

John Cena vs. Undertaker is a probable, but Vince McMahon was not locked on it. Also probable was a multiple person women’s championship match on the Raw side. Right now when it comes to Undertaker, while it is likely Cena, the other opponent considered is Roman Reigns with the idea that Reigns is the future, Cena vs. Undertaker doesn’t build the future, and this may be Undertaker’s last match. If they don’t do Reigns this year, they may never be able to do it. Either way, if Cena and Reigns leave San Antonio as champions, it looks like Undertaker will challenge one of them in the main event.

Adree

That is true.

And fuck at that Meltzer news. They want Reigns vs Undertaker for Undertaker's potential last match. Fucking hell, that'll get Reigns over /s

Finally Reigns can take the Undertaker's powers and become the new Undertaker and what Giant Bomb foretold 2 years ago can come true.

cordy

Banned
WM news from Meltzer

Fuck.

Ambrose and Styles have been carrying SD on their backs hell this damn company on their backs the entire year and they'll probably be in tag matches or multi-man matches. Why the fuck is Taker gonna take on Reigns potentially when he said he's a SD guy? Why is Cena going to-it's Cena and all but shit.

I said before and I'll say it again, watch. It'll be Ambrose and Styles vs Wyatt and Orton. Why will Ambrose and Styles team up?

They don't have any matches for them so they'll have to.

Fuck.

Ambrose and Styles have been carrying SD on their backs hell this damn company on their backs the entire year and they'll probably be in tag matches or multi-man matches. Why the fuck is Taker gonna take on Reigns potentially when he said he's a SD guy? Why is Cena going to-it's Cena and all but shit.

I said before and I'll say it again, watch. It'll be Ambrose and Styles vs Wyatt and Orton. Why will Ambrose and Styles team up?

They don't have any matches for them so they'll have to.

Ambrose will be in Renee's corner as she faces Maryse with Miz in her corner on the Pre-Show.

tumblr_ohtrhxzpYX1v77mxuo1_1280.jpg

She's already in my Fav 5

More stuff from the Observer. Money In The Bank will be a SD PPV.

The official announcement of the Money In the Bank show being 6/18 in St. Louis was made at the 12/27 house show at the Scottrade Center. It was also announced as being a Smackdown exclusive show this year.

And WWE is now open to signing Riddle

While they haven’t made an official offer (or at least hadn’t as of last week), WWE is more open to Matt Riddle than a few months ago. Everyone knows he’s one of the best prospects to come along in the sense not many in modern history have ever gotten so good in so few matches. Riddle is under contract to Evolve, but that means nothing as Evolve’s policy is always to release guys if WWE wants them. I have no idea why New Japan doesn’t go after him now although it probably is inevitable than he’ll be in WWE and probably a major star, at some point.

If Joe does come up in the Rumble (which seems like a near-certainty at this point) he'll probably go with either AJ or Dean at WM depending on whether they bring him up as a face or heel.

Its pretty sad its gonna be Part-TimerMania again. HHH having a guaranteed match at Mania is the worst. FUCK HHH

HHH vs. Rollins will probably be great though. And it makes sense in a lot of ways and is the culmination of a long storyline.

Of all the matches happening (or rumored to be happening) at Mania it's by far the least offensive.

Nekofrog

Banned
If Joe does come up in the Rumble (which seems like a near-certainty at this point) he'll probably go with either AJ or Dean at WM depending on whether they bring him up as a face or heel.

if they pair joe against dean, even as a heel joe is going to be the face to the audience after a short period of time (talking a month at most until it happens)

cordy

Banned
if they pair joe against dean, even as a heel joe is going to be the face to the audience after a short period of time (talking a month at most until it happens)

They're waiting to turn Ambrose anyway, they just can't because things are unbalanced. If he and Joe had a double turn it would do wonders. We need a major player to take over Ambrose's spot as a face because he's due for a turn next year.

miserable

anybody watching the RIZIN show? wtf, Wanderlei Silva pulled out and his replacement is...King Mo? man, I was looking forward to that match with CroCop

Saddening note from Alvarez. He said tonight on F4D that he's heard that Vince loves Jason Jordan but isn't high on Chad Gable, so most internally suspect the team to break up much sooner than anyone would expect.

Of course it is Alvarez, so take it with a grain of salt. Still, it's baffling considering the only thing that got Jason Jordan over in NXT was Chad Gable.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm sure the San Antonio crowd will love Reigns and Cena winning the world title on the same night to set up yet another VinceMania shoved down everyone's throats.

Seeing as how every Mania is like this and they all sell thousands of seats in hours at ridiculous prices, I'm not sure what you're expecting WWE to do different. Obviously it's what people want to see.

Adree

Saddening note from Alvarez. He said tonight on F4D that he's heard that Vince loves Jason Jordan but isn't high on Chad Gable, so most internally suspect the team to break up much sooner than anyone would expect.

Of course it is Alvarez, so take it with a grain of salt. Still, it'a baffling considering the only thing that got Jason Jordan over in NXT was Chad Gable.

*vincelookingatjasonjordan.gif*

Top Bottom