• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

RBH

Has anyone been to an NXT house show? I got tickets to the Royal Rumble and the Takeover before it, but I figured out there's a NXT house show the day before Takeover here in Dallas, and I can't decide it it's worth going to or not
I went in July for an NXT house show in Atlanta and had a blast.

DMczaf

Here's another one

The Star Wars crew helping Superman beat a dolphin

SqUHRVj.gif

No

I feel like I'm keeping up with LU at this point because I'm convinced it's going to get cancelled after this season, and I might as well finish it at this point.

So Joe is showing up at the rumble, yeah?

I feel like I'm keeping up with LU at this point because I'm convinced it's going to get cancelled after this season, and I might as well finish it at this point.

So Joe is showing up at the rumble, yeah?
Not sure what this means, but my uncle told me he drove by the temple recently and it looked abandoned. No LU billboard, the wrestling posters and paintings outside were gone, and the windows were fixed.

Not sure what this means, but my uncle told me he drove by the temple recently and it looked abandoned. No LU billboard, the wrestling posters and paintings outside were gone, and the windows were fixed.

Dave said talent have been told tapings got pushed back to October, so yeah if they come back it's not for a while (season 4 if it happened wouldn't air till 2018)

RBH

Alright, you guys have sold me

I think because the NXT house shows are typically in smaller venues, the more intimate atmosphere allows for a better show.

I was comparing my NXT house show experience with my SmackDown experience from this past Tuesday, and honestly, I think the NXT house show was more fun due to the fact that there's more interplay possible between the crowd and the wrestlers.

It's what happens when Vince gets hold of somebody.

He doesn't know how to get talent over anymore.
I dunno if that's the case. This was post-Shield 014 Ambrose who was hugely over, more then WWE likely expected him to get when they were trying to focus on Seth and Roman as the stars. Dumb as the stuff in the Rollins feud sometimes was, the audience generally loved it.

I prefer serious Ambrose who can cut great promos then the insane Ambrose where WWE try to make him PG Austin with the slime stuff.

I wish they made Ember into a female Randy Orton/crazy person but it looks like they still dont know what to do with her
I still remember being baffled by her debut because the vignettes made it seem like she would be some mysterious Undertaker character and then she debuted with a big-ass smile on her face.

I think because the NXT house shows are typically in smaller venues, the more intimate atmosphere allows for a better show.

I was comparing my NXT house show experience with my SmackDown experience from this past Tuesday, and honestly, I think the NXT house show was more fun due to the fact that there's more interplay possible between the crowd and the wrestlers.

That sounds fun, I've had mostly positive experiences at the events I've been too, but I've never really been too a smaller show like that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So when AJ drops the title to Cena at the Rumble, where does he go from there?

Miz? Talk about a step down (title wise, nothing against Miz, quite the contrary in fact). At least we know KO has a Jericho feud ready after he drops to Roman.

Tagyhag

Miz? Talk about a step down (title wise, nothing against Miz, quite the contrary in fact). At least we know KO has a Jericho feud ready after he drops to Roman.

Well I would hope either Undertaker or Joe.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well I would hope either Undertaker or Joe.

This is under the assumption that Cena gets Taker at Wrestlemania.

Joe would be great tho, if only for the matches. Or Nakamura for that rematch.

tumblr_o0fexoOdgg1sj4xr4o10_400.gif

Also is there a Nxt Takeover for Rumble and if so, what the fuck are the matches as I have no idea what feuds are going on there and Rumble is next month.

Also is there a Nxt Takeover for Rumble and if so, what the fuck are the matches as I have no idea what feuds are going on there and Rumble is next month.

Roode vs Nakamura for sure is happening. Asuka is probably defending against Nikki Cross, and DIY is probably defending against Authors of Pain. Andrade vs Roderick Strong could happen. Maybe one of the Australian chicks vs Ember Moon?

Heroman

Banned

One word
Shane.

Nekofrog

Banned
i hope we can at least all agree that just because AJ loses the title eventually he isn't being "wasted" or "buried" by being put into a program that isn't contending for a title

dude's accomplished more than anyone could have ever expected at this point, anything additional is gravy. pretty sure he'll be kept very close to top level programs regardless due to his performances

klonere

Banned
Somehow NXT is transition to the misery of Joe vs Nak to something even worse. Heavyweight main event scene has been thoroughly mediocre for so long now.

Rhaknar

i hope we can at least all agree that just because AJ loses the title eventually he isn't being "wasted" or "buried" by being put into a program that isn't contending for a title

dude's accomplished more than anyone could have ever expected at this point, anything additional is gravy. pretty sure he'll be kept very close to top level programs regardless due to his performances

I would have zero issues with him dropping the title to Cena at Wrestlemania. It would make sense to finish that story.

Top Bottom