• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Seeing as how every Mania is like this and they all sell thousands of seats in hours at ridiculous prices, I'm not sure what you're expecting WWE to do different. Obviously it's what people want to see.

Nobody should be judged by WM. WM draws because it is WM and most of those tickets are sold before anyone even knows what the direction is.

You want to see who the draws are? Look at house shows and merchandise, where Roman falls behind guys like Seth and AJ.

Alex Cunting Shane

KghLgK8.jpg

Fucker's got his fingers in so many pies, WoS, NGW, WCPW, now the Butlins camps. Presumably, the more paydays ITV can guarantee, the more likely wrestlers are to sign exclusive contracts - with the camps under his thumb, Shane can guarantee a ton more dates.

Kind of sounds like Alvarez is guessing off the guesses of other people on the AA thing.

I think Vince definitely prefers Jason Jordan but I don't see him getting the big solo push just yet. Plus, without Gable this guy probably doesn't stand much of a chance of being a big star.

Adree

Kind of sounds like Alvarez is guessing off the guesses of other people on the AA thing.

I think Vince definitely prefers Jason Jordan but I don't see him getting the big solo push just yet. Plus, without Gable this guy probably doesn't stand much of a chance of being a big star.

Even if they broke them up they might forget the next week like they did Rhyno and Heath.

People shit on the Ospreay/Ricochet matches as being nothing but flippy-do's without acknowledging that, regardless of what you think of their matches, their athleticism is simply amazing and they're ridiculously talented. Perhaps it's because people don't know what bad flippy-do's actually look like, so BEHOLD;

https://twitter.com/thecaptainrowe/status/814298662041960452

That is some cringe worthy shit, fucking hell.

The Ospreay/Ricochet match from NJPW was very unfairly shit on, I think.

Jamie OD

Alex Cunting Shane

KghLgK8.jpg

Fucker's got his fingers in so many pies, WoS, NGW, WCPW, now the Butlins camps. Presumably, the more paydays ITV can guarantee, the more likely wrestlers are to sign exclusive contracts - with the camps under his thumb, Shane can guarantee a ton more dates.

Alex Shane is Littlefinger.

nb: every time he types it, dave means "What Culture" not "Wrestle Culture"

C005N8iWIAASYmb.jpg:large

EDIT: Honestly, if those are the terms, and it's a 1 year contract, I'm not as down on these as I was. Get 16k to work most of the places you wanted to work anyway, and get an opt out after a year. If you were already planning to do at least another year in Britain, might as well take the money.

Hasney

nb: every time he types it, dave means "What Culture" not "Wrestle Culture"

C005N8iWIAASYmb.jpg:large

EDIT: Honestly, if those are the terms, and it's a 1 year contract, I'm not as down on these as I was. Get 16k to work most of the places you wanted to work anyway, and get an opt out after a year. If you were already planning to do at least another year in Britain, might as well take the money.

It's clear that they're just trying to cripple World of Sport if it gets picked up for a full series. Just seems like the guys they ended up signing aren't enough to do that with how much top-tier UK talent is still out there without a mark deal.

Fully hoping WoS isn't total shit and gets picked up as a full-time series, tbh.

Still, Regal lying to their face is a bad look for WWE as the benevolent invaders

I'm not sure they're that bothered one way or the other, they've seen there's money to be made in the UK and they're going to make it regardless. Besides, they can always win back internet points by doing something perceived as "cool" on their behalf, like the CWC qualifying matches, or sending Finn to ICW & OTT.

So I wonder if the plan is for the Wyatts to win back the titles at the Rumble with the team being Bray/Randy.

To further along the idea that Luke is the weak link.

Like maybe that was the plan with Hype Bros but with Ryder's injury they're doing it with AA instead

Saddening note from Alvarez. He said tonight on F4D that he's heard that Vince loves Jason Jordan but isn't high on Chad Gable, so most internally suspect the team to break up much sooner than anyone would expect.

Of course it is Alvarez, so take it with a grain of salt. Still, it's baffling considering the only thing that got Jason Jordan over in NXT was Chad Gable.

It's Bryan Alvarez, which means American Alpha will remain together for the next decade.

it's funny how shook wwe are about something that's most likely gonna end up being filler shite on itv4 after one series at best.

I may be more cynical than most, but I feel most wrestling fans already know how to get their bread buttered pretty easily.

I think it is fantastically great itv are doing a WOS special, but it is really hard to see it taking off, as much as it would be great to see.

I find it hard to see wrestling being a big cultural phenomenom again. WWE freaking out about it is kind of funny though.

Zach

1. Data West, hit me with the greatest Naito match of all time.

2. The state of Shawn Michaels at Survivor Series '02...

holy shit. Can we admit already that we kinda like Corbin? Causa I kinda like Corbin. I even like his weird big man look, at least he's not another jacked up freak.
I like him, dude is dedicated,puts in the effort to be a main eventer, and him winning the battle Royale at wrestlemania was one of the best moments of the mediocre event.

Sephzilla

Was this his first comeback match or was this after?

holy shit. Can we admit already that we kinda like Corbin? Causa I kinda like Corbin. I even like his weird big man look, at least he's not another jacked up freak.

Corbin grew on me near the end of his NXT run when he became "Fuck your favorite indie star" Baron Corbin

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I'm not Data West (good lord can you imagine such a fate?) but Krnny Omega vs Naito was up there

I must admit all year I found it hard to imagine the Pissing the Crowd Off factor of Mania 32 being topped by Mania 33, but being months away from it and knowing two of the likeliest results are Cena and Reigns both leaving with belts makes me feel it might actually be easily pulled off

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im marking the fuck out with the last minutes of Naito v Kenny Omega and ive already seen the match lol

Rhaknar

thats quite the potty mouth on will osprey huh?

edit: err theres a "this is awesome" chant in this match in japan LOLwhut

Sephzilla

Hogan and Michaels, 2002 world champions. Who would've believed that just a year ago? Crazy.

Hogan's main event run in the 2000s was weirdly awesome. On paper, old fart Hulk Hogan winning a WWE title using the Hulkamania gimmick again shouldn't have worked especially in the wake of the Attitude Era. But fans collectively said fuck it because they wanted another dose of Hulkamania

Browny

Banned
IIRC there was back story to Shawn's attire at SS 2002, something about his original choice not being available so he had to borrow / acquire some, which were of course not great...

In other news, my boiler is nearly in (after 2 days of being without hot water), so I'll finally be able to have a bath and watch some NJPW. Also have painted half my front room and am currently watching The Last Crusade.

Top Bottom