• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Nekofrog

Banned
Has anyone been to an NXT house show? I got tickets to the Royal Rumble and the Takeover before it, but I figured out there's a NXT house show the day before Takeover here in Dallas, and I can't decide it it's worth going to or not

They're really fun. I went in Sacramento and the card was:

Oney Lorcan vs Roderick Strong (there were some hard shots, oney had a big bulb on his forehead at the end)

Those two Australian girls vs. Liv Morgan and the cat lady, nothing special

Tye dillinger vs Bobby Roode - fantastic with lots of mini skits before during and after the match between the two, including a spot where before the match started Tye gave his shirt to a 4 year old in the font row, which caused roode to go over to said 4 year old and stare him down before telling him "I'm watching you" and giving the eye signal with his hands at the kid mid match. The crowd (and his dad) loved that

The guy trying to be prince vs. One of Alexa Bliss's rejects - really funny character work in ring as neither guy was afraid to look goofy

Sum61 & shinsuke nakamura vs samoa Joe and the two fatter less talented bullies w/some crazy elderly homeless man - aside from Joe breaking out in legit laughter while on the apron at a chant (forgot what it was) it was what you would expect, though the dude in orange booties can bump like a mofo

Kinda amazing how losing Nia, Bliss and Carmella at the same time really messed things up, when you can argue that at least 2 of them needed more time in NXT. Combine that with Dana (also rather green) and Bayley's call ups, it's insane.

They really need to get Nikki and Ember built up for Asuka, a few months of those 3 tearing the house down is sorely needed. I'm sure there's a couple of extra people that need this as well. But why they didn't have Ember or Nikki on this Osaka show, I don't know.

I don't know what else they could of done with Nia down there, but Alexa (Even though she's been having a good run on the main roster) and Carmella should of stayed down in NXT for a bit just to build up the other women.

The women's division in NXT just makes me sad now.

You have to look towards the future:
0628115dariafighting.jpg

Charisma, a money look, and talent. Get on the Daria Berenato train, friend.

Corbin is my 3rd favorite guy on Smackdown

inb4 fed to Asuka

AJ, Miz, Corbin? Makes sense.

They're going to put Ember Moon over Asuka, but I think they should build Daria up to shock Asuka. Asuka working a shoot with Daria could be really good, but they'll just feed Asuka to Ember Moon.

somedevil

AJ, Miz, Corbin? Makes sense.

They're going to put Ember Moon over Asuka, but I think they should build Daria up to shock Asuka. Asuka working a shoot with Daria could be really good, but they'll just feed Asuka to Ember Moon.

So far at the Rumble NXT they hinted matches with Nikki, Peyton and Kay. Ember moon match won't be till wrestlemania.

Has anyone been to an NXT house show? I got tickets to the Royal Rumble and the Takeover before it, but I figured out there's a NXT house show the day before Takeover here in Dallas, and I can't decide it it's worth going to or not
They're fun but can you come down early and catch evolve?

somedevil

Asuka just german suplexed Nia Jax. Best Nia Jax match so far.

Plus card from Australia next week:

Elias Samson & Bobby Roode vs. Murphy and Tye Dillinger, Liv Morgan vs. Ember Moon vs. Billie Kay and #DIY defend the Tag Titles against TM61.

It could be an elimination match, but a gauntlet match would be even more entertaining.

Could be a fatal 4 way but leaves Ember with no one for the Rumble.

DMczaf

I can't say enough about how impressed I am with AJ in WWE. Probably the best free agent pick up and outcome WWE has had in a LONG ass time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Old PWG Underground
California Indies Underground
Those Dudes You've Seen In Every Other Non-ROH Promotion Underground
You Like Drago? Fuck You Have Sami Callihan Underground

Asuka just german suplexed Nia Jax. Best Nia Jax match so far.

Plus card from Australia next week:

Could be a fatal 4 way but leaves Ember with no one for the Rumble.

Could Ember drag a good match out of Mandy or Aliyah?

Ember vs. Nikki, with Asuka taking on Peyton, Billie, and Liv?

Old PWG Underground
California Indies Underground
Those Dudes You've Seen In Every Other Non-ROH Promotion Underground
You Like Drago? Fuck You Have Sami Callihan Underground

Them failing to capitalize on the Drago hype has to be one of the stranger missteps of that company. Why the fuck wouldn't you push Drago?

somedevil

Could Ember drag a good match out of Mandy or Aliyah?

Ember vs. Nikki, with Asuka taking on Peyton, Billie, and Liv?

Right now Asuka has interest in fighting Nikki while disregarding the challenge by Peyton and Kay.

Mandy is the only heel left if the other 3 have a match with Asuka.

Top Bottom