• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

RBH

Cyv0-KTUoAAZCMD.jpg

Kurt Angle won an Olympic gold medal with a broken freakin neck

Honestly that story has become far less impressive to me since he had a tumor in his neck for over a full year during his last stint in TNA and refused surgery on it until his muscles started to atrophy

Terry Funk, Jake the Snake, Scott Hall etc will always get due credit for overcoming stuff, but Angle's the one that really surprises me with how he's even still alive

Smart money for TLC is indicating
a mostly heel sweep of the victories with Nikki vs Carmella being the only one where it's close with Nikki just about having the more favorite odds.

Becky losing to Alexa in a feud where she's constantly been made to look weak seems stupid. It basically proves Alexa's point that she won the title on a fluke to be right between the whole non-clean title retaining in Glasglow and this if true.

Tagyhag

Becky losing to Alexa in a feud where she's constantly been made to look weak seems stupid. It basically proves Alexa's point that she won the title on a fluke to be right between the whole non-clean title retaining in Glasglow and this if true.

I don't know, I like the sound of that.

Rocky Balboa 3 Baby

Menome

May as well buy UMvC3 just to prepare yourself for the disappointing roster of literal whos and the rest locked away as dlc in MvC4

Eh, no Gambit, no go for me. Never really clicked with the MvC playstyle, so it was just about playing as favourite characters with friends. They took out my favourite character, so I stopped playing.

Fucking IDIOT, Colby Corino got arrested for possession with intent to sell;

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/colby-corino-arrested-possession

Less than a month before he's supposed to join the NJPW Dojo, hope he hasn't completely pissed that opportunity away.

Also, I like that the Bucks basically got everything they wanted - raises in both ROH & NJPW, creative control in ROH, still able to take PWG bookings and more freedom to do international dates outside of the US & Japan, so there's a good chance we'll be seeing them more in the UK next year. Awesome.

lmao, the 1,200th DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion is a steamed pork bun. God bless DDT.

*edit, well that was short lived - Kikutaro ate the pork bun haha.

More DDT Universe info;

34yfdqo.jpg

"DDT Universe will start on the 23rd of January.

On January 29, the Korakuen Hall show will be transmitted online !!

When you sign up for DDT UNIVERSE, your first month is free!
In addition, you can subscribe to the network without any cost If you register in February, Fees will be charged starting in March

Multilingual options are available!! English and Chinese Language are supported by the Google Translator. You can create your favorite video list with the "favorite" function. You can check the browsing history with the "viewing history".

Available payment methods
・ Credit cards
・Mobile payment
・Paypal"

I thought that's where it was going to, but we can't forget about the shiny eyes! He was born with the devil whispering in his ear.

They blatantly set it up last week with Orton interrupting Bray and telling Luke that he has to beat Kane and then Luke failing.

It's clear sewing of dissention...

If they go a different wag trust me I'll be so happy but last Smackdown mighy as well have had Orton winking at the camera to let us know what he's up to.

Adree

They blatantly set it up last week with Orton interrupting Bray and telling Luke that he has to beat Kane and then Luke failing.

It's clear sewing of dissention...

If they go a different wag trust me I'll be so happy but last Smackdown mighy as well have had Orton winking at the camera to let us know what he's up to.

Maybe they'll see this as a way to split Harper off again (didn't do so well last time though.)

Watching some 2001 stuff from the Invasion and looking up history post 2001 as well, and let me get this straight:

Booker T, one of the hottest WCW wrestlers, takes almost 4 years before he gets a heavyweight reign

DDP, again one of the biggest names in WCW, is relegated to a bullshit rumble match at Survivor Series 2001

Test is made to look like a god, the fuck

I have been lurking for an unhealthy amount of time and I am happy to finally post.

Fave five all time:

Terry Funk
Ric Flair
Kenta Kobashi
Jushin Thunder Liger
Steve/William Regal

Current fave five:

Naito
Omega
Shibata
Cesaro
Zayn

Please be gentle.

Browny

Banned
I have been lurking for an unhealthy amount of time and I am happy to finally post.

Fave five all time:

Terry Funk
Ric Flair
Kenta Kobashi
Jushin Thunder Liger
Steve/William Regal

Current fave five:

Naito
Omega
Shibata
Cesaro
Zayn

Please be gentle.
Welcome friend. Good choices - Regal, Kobashi and Shibata love will get you a good spot on the card.

One important question: do you like Dave Mastiff, or do you love Dave Mastiff?

Also at least one person will ask you if you're Stro.

Are you Stro?

Watching some 2001 stuff from the Invasion and looking up history post 2001 as well, and let me get this straight:

Booker T, one of the hottest WCW wrestlers, takes almost 4 years before he gets a heavyweight reign

DDP, again one of the biggest names in WCW, is relegated to a bullshit rumble match at Survivor Series 2001

Test is made to look like a god, the fuck

Vince will never turn down an opportunity to throw money out the window at the expense of making WCW look weak.

I always knew HHH and Vince fucked this up, but sometimes you don't see it until you're looking at all the pieces at the same time -- at least if you didn't watch during this time

Actually on screen you can't blame HHH for any of this, he was off healing from his quad injury and hadn't yet married into the family, though they were certainly dating, so maybe he had some influence but I don't think do.

That was all Vinnie Mac.

Welcome friend. Good choices - Regal, Kobashi and Shibata love will get you a good spot on the card.

One important question: do you like Dave Mastiff, or do you love Dave Mastiff?

Also at least one person will ask you if you're Stro.

Are you Stro?

Afraid I am not Strobogo, friend. Although I like to think he lives in all of us, while watching over us~

Heroman

Banned

Fave five all time:

Terry Funk
Ric Flair
Kenta Kobashi
Jushin Thunder Liger
Steve/William Regal

Current fave five:

Naito
Omega
Shibata
Cesaro
Zayn

Please be gentle.
That is a pretty good list.

Zach

Fave five all time:

Terry Funk
Ric Flair
Kenta Kobashi
Jushin Thunder Liger
Steve/William Regal

Current fave five:

Naito
Omega
Shibata
Cesaro
Zayn

Please be gentle.
Regal!!

Welcome.

Heroman

Banned
It's Carnies, the end of the year awards showcasing the best and worst of pro wrestling in 2016
This year we will have a early nominations for many of the categories this year. Please send me up to 4 nominates by Dec 20th. These aren't all the categories but most of them.

Categories
wrestler of the year
- Wwe
-NJPW
-Other
Worst wrestler of the year
Best women wrestler
match of the year
- Wwe
- NJPW
- Other
Worst match of the year
Promotion of the year
Best ppv of the year
Best on the mic
Best gimmick
Worst gimmick
Angle of the year
Worst angle/moment of the year
Best moment
Canry of the year
Shooter of the year
Most overrated wrestler of the year
Most underrated wrestler of the year
Comeback of the year
Most improved
Move of the year.
Please retire

q5jSDPZ.gif

Riddle vs Ospreay was pretty fun, barring a reverse rana botch that Riddle covered surprisingly well for someone with only a year or so's experience. Great debut for him though. Cannot wait to see Riddle vs Shibata and really hope he's in the SSS16 next year.

Listening to Mark Dallas interview on BBC Radio Scotland, we've reached the obligatory "Mick McManus, Big Daddy & Giant Haystacks" part of the interview. Decent interview, it's part of a larger focus on the less popular sports in Scotland, ones that don't get much focus on TV or in papers.

The fact that McManus, Big Daddy & Haystacks are all most non-wrestling fans in the UK think about when you mention British wrestling kinda puts pay to Meltzer's weird "Big Daddy wasn't a household name/British wrestling was never hugely popular" dismissiveness.

Top Bottom