• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Well let's see how WWE treated the sequel to a movie that I loved before
Jingle_All_the_Way_2_poster.jpg
Jingle All The Way didn't need a sequel. Ready to Rumble demands one or five.

I have faith.

Tagyhag

Can we all agreed that this Ellsworth shit has gone on for far too long.

The doofus face Ellsworth had gone on for far too long.

The doofus heel Ellsworth still has some life in it.

He has to get destroyed AJ, then come back at the Royal Rumble, then just leave.

Smackdown continues the streak of having a great PPV despite the rock bottom expectations.

I'm really surprised at how great Corbin/Kalisto was going into that with no hype and AJ/Dean was one of the best matches of the year, I'm sure Dean is still a shit wrestler that gets no credit though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i do like JBL being so firmly behind AJ consistnetly because of his talent. It reminds me of when Zybscko used to always praise Malenko or Benoit or when King would always talk up Angle and even stop the fans to tell people 'why are you booing this man? he's incredible in the ring'

Liking your family, or being happy you won a title should not be breaking character for a heel. Maybe it would be nice if heels weren't one note all the time, especially not on a show for supermarks.

i do like JBL being so firmly behind AJ consistnetly because of his talent. It reminds me of when Zybscko used to always praise Malenko or Benoit or when King would always talk up Angle and even stop the fans to tell people 'why are you booing this man? he's incredible in the ring'

JBL does a pretty good job talking up Orton and Bray as a team as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ellsworth will win the title Tuesday, by the way. Ambrose will attack him all show, Ellsworth still stumble out, Ambrose will attack again. Something will happen that will cause AJ and Ambrose to go at it while Ellsworth is out. Ambrose will put AJ through a table with another elbow drop and Ellsworth will capitalize and pin AJ

That's your Data West lock of the week. I've watched plenty of WCW, I know how this angle will go

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Smackdown continues the streak of having a great PPV despite the rock bottom expectations.

I'm really surprised at how great Corbin/Kalisto was going into that with no hype and AJ/Dean was one of the best matches of the year, I'm sure Dean is still a shit wrestler that gets no credit though.

Like, come on tho. I loved that match but it was 110% AJ. Dean looked as stiff and awful as ever. The only thing Dean's ever good for is a laugh at how unconvincingly he can throw himself over a barricade.

Safe to say that with the fantastic promos they've had back and forth, the great PPV matches, the Cena wrinkle and the Ellsworth storyline that they were able to switch up before it got super stale, AJ Styles vs Dean and their title feud had been a pretty great overall feud for the main roster. Probably the best long term feud in a minute.

Like, come on tho. I loved that match but it was 110% AJ. Dean looked as stiff and awful as ever. The only thing Dean's ever good for is a laugh at how unconvincingly he can throw himself over a barricade.
Nah his punches looked great, his elbow from the ladder looked fantastic and landed straight on AJ's chest, the brawl in the crowd was good, he pulled out his CZW release slam finisher, Dean absolutely deserves credit for that main event.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Nah his punches looked great, his elbow from the ladder looked fantastic and landed straight on AJ's chest, the brawl in the crowd was good, he pulled out his CZW release slam finisher, Dean absolutely deserves credit for that main event.
We watched different matches. Only excuse for this. Dean couldn't punch he way out of a wet paper bag. I've seen little kids play wrestling throw more convincing strikes.

We watched different matches. Only excuse for this. Dean couldn't punch he way out of a wet paper bag. I've seen little kids play wrestling throw more convincing strikes.

People have been arguing for 3 years that actually Dean's good and it's always a lost cause to convince them otherwise.

They've seen the gifs of his punches missing wildly and him dangling on a barricade and the Wacky Line, and their best retort is "photoshop" or "bad angle"

Mahonay

Banned
AJ and Ambrose put on one hell of a match. AJ still putting on a 4+ star match with his bloody ass cheek exposed. Ambrose seemed in his element in this one, super god damn enjoyable to watch.

Kalisto vs Corbin was better than expected.

Happy to see Bray and Orton get the tag belts. Their victory pose was a really great moment.

The Alexa Bliss face turn swerve thing on Talking Smack is amazing. I thought they were just breaking kayfabe (which they were, but ughhhh in a work) with the real tears and then...

Adree

The Alexa Bliss face turn swerve thing on Talking Smack is amazing. I thought they were just breaking kayfabe (which they were, but ughhhh in a work) with the real tears and then...

I thought it was great. She only got snotty because they started bringing up Becky, until that point the spotlight was on her victory. Adds dimension to a heel to not always be cartoonish.

I thought it was great. She only got snotty because they started bringing up Becky, until that point the spotlight was on her victory. Adds dimension to a heel to not always be cartoonish.

Yeah, I loved it. Made her feel like a human, not just 'Angry for the sake of angry' childish heel. Loved it.

Kornflayx

Bliss took the title off Becky? So all the talk from Bliss about how Becky was an undeserving champion and that she would lose the belt if she was faced real competition is actually true?

Nice babyface booking right there

I'm going to an NXT show in Australia on Saturday night. It is still somewhat surprising they decided to put on a show in this area, since we are a bit more rural here. On the other hand, the local indie promotion here in Newcastle frequently sells out and draws a few hundred so maybe that has something to do with it.

I hadn't been to a local show in 6 months or so and ended up going last weekend. WWE were sponsoring it with free tickets to the NXT show etc. Australian Suicide from AAA being in the main event was a very unexpected surprise.

It sounds like the NXT tour hasn't sold well, but that is a risk at this time of year I suppose.

So how was TLC? What matches are worth watching?

Pretty much all of it. It was a relatively short and solid show. Some slow burners and a dead crowd, but what are you gonna do.

I've been saying for weeks I'm worried about the way this dude is working. But like giancarlo said, AJ is one hell of a seller so I'm never really sure.

Was it his arm? Can't get the video to play at work.

Styles has been hurt since before the Nak match, it's not news that when you don't take a break your body deteriorates

I've said from basically the signing on y'all who enjoy him need to continue while you can. No way he's still around in any company in 4 years, and I'm bumping that up to 3 officially. His body won't last forever

Top Bottom