• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Zach

I'll probably watch this Ambrose/Styles match today and if it's not incredible, I'm coming down hard on this community.

The crowd in Dallas is just awful, completely dead. Not to mention tons of "smark" chants trying to be started.

Still have some to go but:
Tag match was good
Carmella and Nikki was boring. Carmella is seriously worthless.
Miz and Ziggler was solid. Not great but just solid
Kalisto and Corbin was far better than I thought. Kalisto also with the new tights huh?

Chikara ran Drew Gulak's last indie match live on Facebook over the weekend, that pop for
Quack coming out of retirement again to wrestle Gulak.

https://www.facebook.com/CHIKARAPRO/videos/1140815579320820/

We give the man a lot of shit, but I always liked his entrance music: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=feS1j5j7s4U

While we're at it, have a Bryan Danielson/Claudio Castagnoli vs. Mike Quackenbush/Jigsaw match from 2009: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A1QzDuhGLbE

Trying to watch talking smack and it cuts out at 27 minutes?

If it's cutting out during the miz & bryan arguing, that's correct.

I think they're trying to keep the feud hot, leave people wanting more. Not sure where this ends though, or if it just continues throughout the time they're both on smackdown.

How? She's terrible on the mic, terrible seller. At times she's been ok in the ring but mostly just bad.

I'm not saying she's the best thing ever or is remotely there yet. Just compared to a few months ago, I think she's gotten a bit more...in character, I guess? A bit looser/more confident on the mic? Idk. She used to annoy the shit out of me and now she seems to be turning into a comical villain.

Compared to some folks like Nia Jax who are just completely stalled.

I was slightly stoned last night so there's that.

https://twitter.com/irnbru/status/805721408626167809

CyyMulZXUAQX3Sn.jpg

We give the man a lot of shit, but I always liked his entrance music: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=feS1j5j7s4U
anything that isn't genero rock gets points from the get go

I'm going to an NXT show in Australia on Saturday night. It is still somewhat surprising they decided to put on a show in this area, since we are a bit more rural here. On the other hand, the local indie promotion here in Newcastle frequently sells out and draws a few hundred so maybe that has something to do with it.

I hadn't been to a local show in 6 months or so and ended up going last weekend. WWE were sponsoring it with free tickets to the NXT show etc. Australian Suicide from AAA being in the main event was a very unexpected surprise.

It sounds like the NXT tour hasn't sold well, but that is a risk at this time of year I suppose.

Great username friend

I forgot about Sasha since that's been so 50/50..

Don't worry, she'll probably drop the title back to Charlotte again at a random house show in a few days the way they've been going.

Also New Day cheat as much as the heels do but they're faces lol, I've never understood it.

Don't worry, she'll probably drop the title back to Charlotte again at a random house show in a few days the way they've been going.

Also New Day cheat as much as the heels do but they're faces lol, I've never understood it.

Vince has been booking unlikeable/cheating faces forever, it's so bizarre

still remember when hogan pulled sid justice out of the rumble damn it, what a heel

They're going to break the record for longest tag team holder so they're allowed to cheat. It's awful. I wish someone would screw them over.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
watching 205 live, no matches for the first 10mins >_>

cool to see Aeries on commentary tho

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wtf at this Jack Gallaghar guy o_O

...hes awesome lol, and actually woke the crowd up, they were into his antics.

Heroman

Banned
Monday!!!!

So, are we doing year end awards?

It's Carnies, the end of the year awards showcasing the best and worst of pro wrestling in 2016
This year we will have a early nominations for many of the categories this year. Please send me up to 4 nominates by Dec 20th. These aren't all the categories but most of them.

Categories
wrestler of the year
- Wwe
-NJPW
-Other
Worst wrestler of the year
Best women wrestler
match of the year
- Wwe
- NJPW
- Other
Worst match of the year
Promotion of the year
Best ppv of the year
Best on the mic
Best gimmick
Worst gimmick
Angle of the year
Worst angle/moment of the year
Best moment
Canry of the year
Shooter of the year
Most overrated wrestler of the year
Most underrated wrestler of the year
Comeback of the year
Most improved
Move of the year.
Please retire

jmdajr

Styles has been hurt since before the Nak match, it's not news that when you don't take a break your body deteriorates

I've said from basically the signing on y'all who enjoy him need to continue while you can. No way he's still around in any company in 4 years, and I'm bumping that up to 3 officially. His body won't last forever
Hopefully 1 or 2 more Wrestlemania's at most.

Rhaknar

that Gallaghar cat was in the cruiserweight tournament also?

Well we all know who's shooter of the year...
Miz

Comeback of year
Maryse

WWE
AJ

Worst Gimmick
Eva Marie

watch his other match with aichner as well, good shit

aichner is dope too, when's he coming back to progress
F9CmJqF.gif

fuck it, watch the whole tournament

Sad, would have gone to a NXT live event today if they hadn't cancelled it. :( Obviously my country didn't buy enough tickets. We were really excited. :( First time any WWE stuff had been in my town for a decade (since 2006).

On a lighter note, Raw is airing live here for the first time ever tomorrow, pretty cool. But it's like 2pm so not many will watch it live anyway lol.

Mahonay

Banned
In Ryback's latest podcast, another story about him and Daniel Bryan

"He used to do a thing where, like, he'll come up behind a guy and grab you by the hips and he's like, 'I'm dominating you! I'm dominating you!' Like, just holding your hips, but he would really latch onto your hips," Ryback started.

"So one day I'm walking and we're in Dallas [Texas]. I'll never forget it, Pat Patterson, is, like, standing against the wall. Daniel Bryan comes up and I don't see Pat because I'm walking and Pat's down a little [farther]. And Dan comes up behind me and grabs me by the hips and he goes, 'I got you!' And he did this to me all the time. And there [are] times when I'm like, 'get the fuck off' and other times I go along with it. So this time, like, I was in a good mood, and so I start giddying up down the hallway with him on my hips. Like, legitimately, slap the ass, giddy up, like, we go right by Pat Patterson and we get passed and we look and we stop and we both thought the same thing and looked."

Ryback concluded, "And Pat's just staring at both of us. And I turn around and laugh. I couldn't stop myself from laughing and I was thinking, 'for all the moments for that to fucking happen,' but Dan probably saw Pat from a distance and thought, 'oh, this will be fucking money'. He's good like that, so that to this day is one of my favorite moments with Dan."

Rhaknar

fuck it, watch the whole tournament

if you mean me with the cruiserweight classic, im going to do that right now, hopefully its better than the stuff from the RAW ppvs we've had so far :/

Top Bottom