• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

if you mean me with the cruiserweight classic, im going to do that right now, hopefully its better than the stuff from the RAW ppvs we've had so far :/

It's the best produced thing wwf have done with actual wrestling in it for years. Pretty much every match from the quarterfinals on is great, and even some of the 32/16 matches are very good (and two of them are in fact great).

Mahonay

Banned
if you mean me with the cruiserweight classic, im going to do that right now, hopefully its better than the stuff from the RAW ppvs we've had so far :/
10 times better.

The RAW Cruiserweight Division is trash.

The Cruiserweight Classic Tournament was one of the all time best pieces of WWE programming.

It's actually kind of impressive just how badly they've executed the idea on RAW. Whomever is doing the booking has no business trying to create material for these guys. It's the usual kind of lower-mid card trash that is pooped out on RAW to help fill 3 hours. Thank god 205 Live after Smackdown is significantly better.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh the CWC is on the full sail arena? Well at least the crowd will be energetic compared to that first 205 live episode :/

Mahonay

Banned
Oh the CWC is on the full sail arena? Well at least the crowd will be energetic compared to that first 205 live episode :/
Give it time. Much of the casual audience is being introduced to these guys for the first time. And on RAW they are pretty much a piss break.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Holy shit at this Metalik guy.

Why the FUCK isnt he signed?

10 times better.

The RAW Cruiserweight Division is trash.

The Cruiserweight Classic Tournament was one of the all time best pieces of WWE programming.

It's actually kind of impressive just how badly they've executed the idea on RAW. Whomever is doing the booking has no business trying to create material for these guys. It's the usual kind of lower-mid card trash that is pooped out on RAW to help fill 3 hours. Thank god 205 Live after Smackdown is significantly better.

We all know who that is

ZrMAFJO.jpg

GyH9V1d.jpg

Holy shit at this Metalik guy.

Why the FUCK isnt he signed?

He is, but he was finishing up his dates in CMLL and vince didn't want to fly him up while he was simultaneously working for someone else. He's supposed to debut this month.

Mahonay

Banned
Problem most of the crowd is already gone when 205 starts.
It's the first show. People will be clued in that they should stay if the quality is strong as they move forward. But yeah, some people are just always going to leave after Smackdown is over. It's fine as long as a good amount of people stick around. No reason that it needs to stay packed. Maybe allow people to move up to fill in seats.

It's the first show. People will be clued in that they should stay if the quality is strong as they move forward. But yeah, some people are just always going to leave after Smackdown is over. It's fine as long as a good amount of people stick around. No reason that it needs to stay packed. Maybe allow people to move up to fill in seats.

They just need to run it before smackdown

then it'll have a hot audience and talking smack can go back to its rightful place.

everybody wins

Problem most of the crowd is already gone when 205 starts.
If they're not doing main event on sd anymore, they should just tape that at the beginning so it is equal to what it used to be. And start showing talking smack at the end of sd again. They're doing it backwards.

Man the CWC was so freaking good, it's so frustrating to watch the way the Cruiserweights have been handled since...

add the people defending 15fps games to the list of carny of the year

this is a great year for carnies
Rock solid 30fps should be a MINIMUM not a goal.

Rhaknar

He's signed, I'm not sure if he's just finishing up a few dates or not until he's wrestling weekly. I heard rumour that Tajiri will be joining the company again at the beginning of the year.

Oh he is? My bad, hopefully his next match is a bit longer, his offense looked amazing.

Hasney

I hope so. Still, it seems like the game doesn't run at a solid 30 FPS on base PS4s. which is pretty ridiculous when you consider this was supposed to be a PS3 game.

The reason it was bumped off of PS3 is because they couldn't get it running faster than 5-10 fps and sped the trailers up. So it's an improvement at least!

Kaladin

I haven't played it, but it sounds like Last Guardian suffers from the design issue I had suspected it would. Any time you have a game where you depend on a mostly uncontrollable AI character to get you through the world of puzzles and platforming, it's going to be frustrating. I understand you can "train" the dog, but I've also already read of cases where it doesn't do what you want it to do for 30 min to an hour even though you're doing things right.

Hasney

its such a fucked up thing to need a new iteration of a ps4 to get a fucking game designed for last gen to run at 30 fps.

It wasn't designed for last gen. Even running at 20fps they've gotten double the performance than what they achieved on PS3, which is kind of amusing.

Rhaknar

Cedric Alexander looked good, this first episode is fun.

add the people defending 15fps games to the list of carny of the year

this is a great year for carnies

Add to the list everyone saying the PS4 Pro and Scorpio would completely replace and kill the OG PS4 and Bone

Even at the time I was laughing pretty fucking hard at even the thought. And yes it was common, especially Gaming Side but even in this thread we'd have posters swearing originals should be gotten rid of because it would have no benefits or games made after the debut

Oh he is? My bad, hopefully his next match is a bit longer, his offense looked amazing.
I wanted him to win the tournament once I realized the match they were going with but they had to have an English speaking full time guy to win the first title so TJ won. He's very impressive.

You know I think they force this CW division thing and it seems so unnatural when you compare it to what it was originally.

Anth0ny

Why, I don't get it? My games run better which is always a bonus.

apparently there are a bunch of cases where the OG PS4 version of the game runs better than PS4 Pro version.

and the fact that Pro versions of games still have inconsistent frame rates and shit makes no sense to me.

apparently there are a bunch of cases where the OG PS4 version of the game runs better than PS4 Pro version.

and the fact that Pro versions of games still have inconsistent frame rates and shit makes no sense to me.

That seems to be more of a case of developer incomptence than the Pro just being shit. Those games should (hopefully) all get fixed but I agree it's a bad look for the Pro.

Hasney

Yeah, there's a couple for 4k owners, but in 1080p mode or VR, everything I own is just better in someway. Think TLOU in Supersampled mode was shit, but they patched that out.

It can have the greatest fucking design in the world, but no game that can barely output 15 frames per second should be supported, much less one designed around PS3.

Even Kane can go 30 fps. In 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g48ZELS0tyw

It doesn't drop that low outside of a fixable bug.

Top Bottom