• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

DMczaf

Friend DM, you and me can be the tag team that WrassleGAF needs!

Or not

tumblr_inline_o2xk39K3kX1r7w907_500.gif

Turned on by WCW Legend Robocop 😢😔

Recall

AJ is the best wrestler in the world, and has been for some time. He is a once in a decade performer, who has earned Vince's trust, and I am happy they have not treated him like a second class performer. No?

AJ has been incredible since 2003. I'm so glad he got to have a WWE run and even more amazed it's been as fantastic as this.

DMczaf

AJ is the best wrestler in the world, and has been for some time. He is a once in a decade performer, who has earned Vince's trust, and I am happy they have not treated him like a second class performer. No?

He's a small guy that earned Vince 's trust in record time.

I'm sure it's due to some random ass reason like Vince tried to shoot on him and AJ got the win

Everyone participate in the Sasha Banks Promo Drinking Game tonight. A sip when she calls herself the Boss, half the glass if she says this has been all she wanted since she's a little girl, down the glass if Eddie Guerrero is mentioned.

Asking the cops in my will to declare this a murder

Maybe I'm wrong but honestly I never got the feeling Vince was trying to bury AJ or keep him far away from the title or a spotlight. Asides from the idiocy that was him losing clean to Jericho at Mania his booking has never given me some vibe that AJ was in danger of being stuck doing nothing. Guy was going after the belt within a few months, then had a feud with the biggest guy in the company and then went straight on to become a world champ.

Caderfix

Everyone participate in the Sasha Banks Promo Drinking Game tonight. A sip when she calls herself the Boss, half the glass if she says this has been all she wanted since she's a little girl, down the glass if Eddie Guerrero is mentioned.

That's my problem with Sasha. It's always the same routine and, frankly, it was boring ever since she showed up in the main roster.

That being said, anyone who accepts those rules for a drinking game will most likely die half way through.

Kaladin

I'm willing to bet when it came to the draft AJ was given a choice.

See The Club angle through with the eventual inclusion of Finn Balor on Raw

or

A long solo heel title run on Smackdown

We both know AJ went to Smackdown, so if this is the case, I'm sure AJ taking the lead role on Smackdown with it having the weak roster it has endured him to Vince.

Syder

AJ put over Roman as a good wrestler twice and got a match with Spaghetti Arms over. He's taken some monster bumps for this shitty company. WWE Wrestler of the Year.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Crazy submission stuff in this Sabre Jr v Tyson Dux fight. That being said normal wwe crowds would not give 2 fucks about Zack's style.

Sephzilla

The Club has been pretty solidly screwed over since coming to WWE. They 50/50 with the fucking Usos upon arriving, and their entire identity was tied to AJ Styles - who gets drafted to a different show.

When's the last time Sasha actually mentioned Eddie in a promo (other than his birthday)?

I feel like commentary/Foley mentions it way, way more than she does. Not her fault.

klonere

Banned
Skipped through TLC

- Holy shit WWE crowds are NOAH level anesthetized. Bring back drunken white trash deplorables who think its real.

- Concept PPVs are insanely dumb and TLC/Extreme Rules are the zenith of this

- AJ Styles = very very very very good. Best show by Ambrose in a while but he is working with AJ

- Miz/Ziggler was another fine match but I never ever want to see it again.

- Alexa winning was fine. Pity about the match.

- Orton/Wyatt works shockingly well. They are going to put over American Alpha over huge.

- Didn't watch Corbin/Kalisto yet but I heard it was good as well.

But really the crowd just doesn't give a shit 95% of the time, it's killing me to watch.

agreed

bullet club would be fine tho if they slimmed it down to the elite

Yeah Bucks+Omega and Cole plus one more real star would be absolutely fine on its on.

Fox318

Being separated from AJ when "two guys who came from Japan who "might be / are" associated with AJ Styles" was their identity was a killer.

Vince and Dunn just won't let an invading faction on their product.

I mean think of how much it would make Steph look powerless!

Plus the fact that they look like people who bring guns to Chipotle in protest.

Kaladin

The Club has been pretty solidly screwed over since coming to WWE. They 50/50 with the fucking Usos upon arriving, and their entire identity was tied to AJ Styles - who gets drafted to a different show.

They should be sent down to NXT to work there until they can come up with something for them or do something to fix the sorry state of tag teams on Raw.

Syder

I'm completely indifferent to The Club (Anderson is cool, I guess) but I hate that they've been treated this way because of how poor an advertisement it makes the company to wrestlers in Japan.

Being separated from AJ when "two guys who came from Japan who "might be / are" associated with AJ Styles" was their identity was a killer.

They could have survived this, or they could have survived Finn's injury cutting off any involvement he might have ever had with them. They'd have still been crippled, but survived. Both happening back to back in such a short span did irreparable damage to the team

Draft fucked a lot of things up

Remember the last ever Zayn/Owens match that had them drafted to the same show the week before, and they fought another time afterwards

klonere

Banned
Vince and Dunn just won't let an invading faction on their product.

I mean think of how much it would make Steph look powerless!

Plus the fact that they look like people who bring guns to Chipotle in protest.

It's weird because invasion angles are proven draws done right.

Of course Vince can't write one to save his life but that's another problem.

Fox318

After the New Day stuff the Club was as good as dead.

I firmly believe that the New Day have been the worst act in wrestling this year.

They have been part of the worst segments of the year and the worst feuds of the year.

At least the Uso's when they had their bright merch babyface period never gave up with their matches.

I'm completely indifferent to The Club (Anderson is cool, I guess) but I hate that they've been treated this way because of how poor an advertisement it makes the company to wrestlers in Japan.

Japanese wrestlers who want to jump to WWE are in a better position than they've ever been thanks to the wide exposure that the internet's gotten them. It's tag teams who are in a shit position.

klonere

Banned
Here is a list of the top wrestlers for this year from a certain person on twitter. I think it's a pretty good one, what do you guys think?

Cy8aBmzUcAAzZKA.jpg

August 2017 is going to be nuts in the puro scene.

Sumo Hall is gonna be heaving from all the action. Hope they don't burn the place out!

Heroman

Banned
I firmly believe that the New Day have been the worst act in wrestling this year.

They have been part of the worst segments of the year and the worst feuds of the year.

At least the Uso's when they had their bright merch babyface period never gave up with their matches.
Two words:
Bone soldier

When's the last time Sasha actually mentioned Eddie in a promo (other than his birthday)?

I feel like commentary/Foley mentions it way, way more than she does. Not her fault.
Maybe but she still tweets constantly about him, which is probably encouraging the writers more to bring out the Eddiesploitation.

I don't blame her per say, I blame the writers for just making her promos insanely repetitive.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The obvious issue is that I think they thought the Bullet Club stuff would be hotter than it actually was.

Not being able to call it the Bullet Club and not being able to really do much with it as a faction didn't help much.

Catching up on TLC, so stoked Alexa won the title, she's one of the best things in Smackdown no doubt.

Also, called this months ago back when WrassleGaf doubted her.

I disagree, I think she's gonna be an invaluable asset to Smackdown, she was the best wrestler on the six pack last night and if she's not immediately put in a feud with Becky over the title I won't get it.

The Club look completely generic. They even have a generic team name. Nothing about them stands out whatsoever. It's just 2 CAWs on the roster that nobody will shed a tear for when they leave.

Top Bottom