• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Kaladin

I think, given time Triple H will be remembered as a great promoter, though right now the most we can say is he's got a hell of an eye for signing talent that would have never expected in WWE before.

Bret was trying to save the business from the mess that was HBK and the eventual ratings killer that was HHH. If Vince would have sided with Bret instead of HBK we would have never had the reign of terror!

#BretWasRight

I, for one, am more than willing to sacrifice the Shitman for more HBK.

jmdajr

HHH would have been so much more likable if he just didn't care to succeed.
"I think I'm going to stick with this snob aristocrat gimmick for the long haul and just see how things turn out. If it flops, at least I still have Chyna."

Is it bad I find Triple H's tweets to be hilarious? The guy is so unintentionally comically serious.

His tweets when he first started using Twitter were hilarious, it was like a dad using it for the first time.
Bret's a mark for himself with good reason. Guess it's hard not to have an ego when you're The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be.

That's The Rock, though.

Sephzilla

I think, given time Triple H will be remembered as a great promoter, though right now the most we can say is he's got a hell of an eye for signing talent that would have never expected in WWE before.

I worry that HHH might actually be worse than Vince in certain ways. Like, if you burn a bridge with HHH I don't think he'd ever welcome you back. Meanwhile Bret Hart straight up punched Vince and they eventually made up.

That's The Rock, though.

Rock's not even the best of his era. That's Stone Cold. Who's entire career was basically made by his feud with Bret Hart

somedevil

Hall and Nash came up with the nWo, which was the hottest thing in the 90s besides Steve Austin. Also, Nash and Hall jumping ship pretty much solidified wrestlers getting guaranteed contracts from that point on.

Though also NWO led to then of WCW as well. The contract thing is true but your basically describing the observer hall of hame which Triple H is part of and not Hall or Nash.

NastyBook

agreed

more short hair too plz
CwVn2_9XEAADcj2.jpg

thus concludes my 1 thirsty post per year quota
She looks like a short haired Lucy Lawless. HHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGH

I worry that HHH might actually be worse than Vince in certain ways. Like, if you burn a bridge with HHH I don't think he'd ever welcome you back. Meanwhile Bret Hart straight up punched Vince and they eventually made up.

CM Punk is going to be the most significant test of this, and I believe in my heart HHH will fail like he has everything else

I think Punk's not coming back even if he ever wants to

Sephzilla

Bret Hart has a lifetime pass to be a mark for himself after agreeing to Wrestlemania 9's ending.

I feel like Bret had to deal with the most bullshit over the prime of his career. He had Hogan's bullshit to put up with. Then HBK's bullshit. Vince's bullshit. And then he goes to WCW at the height of bullshit central.

Bragging about working marvel fans is like bragging about getting a chant during an NXT match

giphy.gif

Bret Hart has a lifetime pass to be a mark for himself after agreeing to Wrestlemania 9's ending.
Bret worked his stupid ass into a dumb place. Thinking Hogan was returning the favour lmao! Dude was so clueless. But he did this to himself by trying to fuck the big Mac the previous year by jumping. No one fucks the big mac and gets away clean.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tozawa v Keneth Johnson was great also. Really good second episode overall.

Looking forward for round 2 matches being a little longer tho.

Everyone participate in the Sasha Banks Promo Drinking Game tonight. A sip when she calls herself the Boss, half the glass if she says this has been all she wanted since she's a little girl, down the glass if Eddie Guerrero is mentioned.

Kaladin

If Bret was the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be, why was there always another babyface overshadowing him?

Hogan, Luger, HBK, even Stone Cold eventually.....the list goes on.

Sephzilla

If Bret was the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be, why was there always another babyface overshadowing him?

Luger never overshadowed Bret and if history has taught us anything its that Attitude Era Bret > Attitude Era HBK

Browny

Banned
Everyone participate in the Sasha Banks Promo Drinking Game tonight. A sip when she calls herself the Boss, half the glass if she says this has been all she wanted since she's a little girl, down the glass if Eddie Guerrero is mentioned.
People are going to end up in hospital.

And eat the glass if you're a hater. Fucking jabroni.

AJ vs Ambrose at TLC was amazing. That springboard 450 through the table was mental.

AJ is the best wrestler in the world, and has been for some time. He is a once in a decade performer, who has earned Vince's trust, and I am happy they have not treated him like a second class performer. No?

klonere

Banned

He was arguably on par with HBK and lol @ Luger in WWE. The other two are the top western draws in western history sooo???

Top Bottom