• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

agreed

more short hair too plz

thus concludes my 1 thirsty post per year quota
You must be my spirit animal.
Molly-Holly-With-A-Hair-Cut.jpg

Short-haired Molly Holly was best Molly Holly.

Trips is inconsistent and certainly has more WM title match stinkers than the law should allow.
But he aint' bad, dare I say he's actually good at this whole wrestling thing.

So I think that Smackdown needs... something. I was talking with some friends and the Singles roster seems like garbage. You have: AJ, Dean, James Ellsworth(sigh) Ziggler, Miz, Apollo, Corbin, Hawkins, Kane and Kalisto. Am I missing someone? I am not including Taker and Cena because they seem to be part timers now. I am not sure how to classify the Wyatt family right now (Bray/Harper/Orton).

They need to call up some NXT people, but the problem is that NXT's roster could be viewed a little light as well. I could see Bobby Roode doing amazing on Smackdown. I could also see Samoa Joe being called up soon too.

After last night:
AJ vs. Dean should be 'done', and Ellsworth for some reason is flying around this scene
Miz vs. Zigger is 'done'
Kalisto vs. Corbin should be 'done'

What else can you do for these guys? I don't think any of us want Kane getting involved with AJ. I think a champ vs. champ with Miz vs. AJ would be cool, but the champ vs. champ thing has been overdone (see: Raw)

Whose saying this? because AJ needs to take his rite of passage and endure a Kane event already.

Anyway Smackdown has kept its main feuds running for some time, they feel sufficiently conclusive after last night so hopefully they've got something else brewing, but yeah their limited roster ain't helping.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tanahashi beats naito
tanahashi comes out after okada wins and says, 'you know an ace deserves two titles. next year. you. me. again' okada does his dumb, old rainmaker pose because he can't take the heat and thats what he resorts to since he doesn't have a character anymore.

a year build. tanahashi never defends the ic title. kidani fires naito. omega goes to wwe. ibushi comes back and then quits again. okada never loses the title and gedo pulls his hat lower to muffle the boos okada is getting. hangman ethan page pins shibata for the never title.

the prophecy.

MG310

So I think that Smackdown needs... something. I was talking with some friends and the Singles roster seems like garbage. You have: AJ, Dean, James Ellsworth(sigh) Ziggler, Miz, Apollo, Corbin, Hawkins, Kane and Kalisto. Am I missing someone? I am not including Taker and Cena because they seem to be part timers now. I am not sure how to classify the Wyatt family right now (Bray/Harper/Orton).

They need to call up some NXT people, but the problem is that NXT's roster could be viewed a little light as well. I could see Bobby Roode doing amazing on Smackdown. I could also see Samoa Joe being called up soon too.

After last night:
AJ vs. Dean should be 'done', and Ellsworth for some reason is flying around this scene
Miz vs. Zigger is 'done'

What else can you do for these guys? I don't think any of us want Kane getting involved with AJ. I think a champ vs. champ with Miz vs. AJ would be cool, but the champ vs. champ thing has been overdone (see: Raw)

A few weeks of stalling and then some interbrand stuff for the Rumble. The Shield vs. The Club?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

After last night:
Miz vs. Zigger is 'done'

The problem is that they don't have enough babyfaces in the main event scene because of Orton being a fake-Wyatt - even if he goes back he's stuck in the Wyatt program. Cena's a good fit, but I suspect they want to simmer the AJ/Cena thing until WrestleMania because its such a big win for him. You could bring up Joe and make him into a babyface, I guess.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tajiri in 2016

Hope he can still go.

Edit: he was fine, he was never a high flier anyway I guess.

Its pretty clear in these first round matches that even full sail doesnt care about a lot of these unknowns with no character, its pretty clear who will advance in these and the crowd knew it I guess.

Anth0ny

there's a thread in OT on whether parents will work their kids into a shoot regarding the greatest worker of all time, santa claus

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Mickie James was recently offered a new contract to once again compete on WWE‘s main roster … this according to sources.

Multiple sources with direct knowledge tell us James has kept in contact with WWE officials since NXT TakeOver: Toronto and they’ve let her know a deal is waiting for her should she want to accept.

Mickie faced off against Asuka at the NXT event last month and the match received high praise.

No word as to whether the deal would be for RAW or SmackDown Live, or the length of the contract, but either brand would benefit greatly from having another veteran in their ranks.

We’ll keep you updated if things are made official.
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/mickie-james-offered-new-wwe-contract/#.WEXP5llOk0M

tanahashi beats naito
tanahashi comes out after okada wins and says, 'you know an ace deserves two titles. next year. you. me. again' okada does his dumb, old rainmaker pose because he can't take the heat and thats what he resorts to since he doesn't have a character anymore.

a year build. tanahashi never defends the ic title. kidani fires naito. omega goes to wwe. ibushi comes back and then quits again. okada never loses the title and gedo pulls his hat lower to muffle the boos okada is getting. hangman ethan page pins shibata for the never title.

the prophecy.

Oh, please. They won't do title vs title and they certainly won't have the IC title undefended, as the whole point of the belt is to main event b-tier PPVs. Similarly, Shibata isn't going to drop the NEVER title to anyone who isn't a draw, as they want the title to main event the c-tier PPVs they've added to the schedule.

Ibushi coming back and quitting again is probably accurate, tbh. But I doubt they'll actually get him to sign anything near as long-term as his previous contract.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's as much credence for Ryback as there is force the other 'rumored' member Sugiura. Which is none

Fale keeps saying 'Shhhh' 'Shhhhhhugiura' Sugiura confirmed.

and Yujiro's girl is crushing on a real ace
cy5se2zuoaaqig-besf9.jpg

klonere

Banned
Ibushi coming in and out isn't a hot or edgy take at all, I'm disappointed.

Ryback would be pretty good in NJPW and would probably be stupidly over....if they didn't already have Elgin. Whoever it is, I hope its someone fucking great because they need to overcome the shitness of THE BONER et al.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
TJ Perkins is annoying. Hes good tho, no doubt about it. Da Mack was pretty decent aswell.

Sephzilla

HHH has always struck me as a guy who's probably secretly super pissed that all of his best buddies, except for X-Pac, are generally viewed as bigger historical players in the history of professional wrestling. And thus he needs to one up them to prove that he's just as good as them.

-- Hall and Nash jump ship to make a rebel faction called the nWo. Queue DX. Also, the nWo ends up being on the "losing side" of the HHH/Sting match

-- His entire Evolution run was basically him pretending to be Super Ric Flair with the 4 Horsemen, complete with the Big Gold Belt

-- HBK has two historic matches with Undertaker at Wrestlemania. So of course here comes HHH to try and prove he can be just as good as HBK.

-- Both Flair and HBK get fantastic farewell cheers. So fast forward a few years and HHH is thirsty as fuck trying to get that same moment after fighting Lesnar.

-- Vince McMahon was the #1 heel during HHH's prime. So of course HHH years later inherits the same heel authority figure role.

Kaladin

HHH has always struck me as a guy who's probably secretly super pissed that all of his best buddies, except for X-Pac, are generally viewed as bigger historical players in the history of professional wrestling. And thus he needs to one up them to prove that he's just as good as them.

-- Hall and Nash jump ship to make a rebel faction called the nWo. Queue DX. Also, the nWo ends up being on the "losing side" of the HHH/Sting match

-- His entire Evolution run was basically him pretending to be Ric Flair with the 4 Horsemen, complete with the Big Gold Belt

-- HBK has two historic matches with Undertaker at Wrestlemania. So of course here comes HHH to try and prove he can be just as good as HBK.

-- Both Flair and HBK get fantastic farewell cheers. So fast forward a few years and HHH is thirsty as fuck trying to get that same moment after fighting Lesnar.

-- Vince McMahon was the #1 heel during HHH's prime. So of course HHH years later inherits the same heel authority figure role.

I think Triple H will be remembered more for what he does in the office and behind the scenes than anything he's done in the ring.

Rhaknar

Yo this Mustafa Ali vs Lince Dorado fight has some crazy spots

Sephzilla

Let's not pretend Bret is free from blame.

Bret exercised a completely legal clause in his contract and still wanted to drop the belt - just not to HBK in the middle of fucking Canada. HHH and Vince were just impatient fucks and were worried that Bret Hart for some reason would show up with the WWF title on WCW TV even though Bret was a guy who respected the company and business too much to do that and even though Vince trotted Ric Flair onto WWF TV with the NWA title

Vince is such a gigantic hypocrite

*swats papers new writer holds* am i going over

"....y....yes??"

hell yea *takes selfie with new bud writer, posts it on twitter, hashtagged #gamechanger*

Bret exercised a completely legal clause in his contract and still wanted to drop the belt - just not to HBK in the middle of fucking Canada. HHH and Vince were just impatient fucks and were worried that Bret Hart for some reason would show up with the WWF title on WCW TV even though Bret was a guy who respected the company and business too much to do that and even though Vince trotted Ric Flair onto WWF TV with the NWA title

Bret's a mark for himself. He should've just did the job.

Sephzilla

Bret's a mark for himself. He should've just did the job.

Bret was trying to save the business from the mess that was HBK and the eventual ratings killer that was HHH. If Vince would have sided with Bret instead of HBK we would have never had the reign of terror!

#BretWasRight

somedevil

-- His entire Evolution run was basically him pretending to be Super Ric Flair with the 4 Horsemen, complete with the Big Gold Belt

What? Triple H is better historical player than Scott Hall and Kevin Nash.

Top Bottom