• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

RBH

Cx13bwXWEAA43BZ.jpg

http://network.wwe.com/video/v12134...textType=wwe-show&contextId=original_specials

If you guys get the chance, the new ECW special on the WWE Network is worth a watch. Seeing the Dudleys, Tazz, Dreamer, and Heyman shoot the shit together is entertaining.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I sat thru an hour of cruisers for EIGHTEEN MINUTES of talking smack? Well now none of this shit is appointment viewing anymore. Good job Vince.

I sat thru an hour of cruisers for EIGHTEEN MINUTES of talking smack? Well now none of this shit is appointment viewing anymore. Good job Vince.

Talking Smack has always been around 20 minutes. The Wyatt thing was unusually short for a Talking Smack interview because it wasn't an actual interview.

Tagyhag

I really hope they play to Heath's strengths now.

You could tell that the audience is ready to drop him fast, if he has a REALLY good feud with Miz he could stay over at a minimum level for the foreseeable future.

I really hope they play to Heath's strengths now.

You could tell that the audience is ready to drop him fast, if he has a REALLY good feud with Miz he could stay over at a minimum level for the foreseeable future.
Could be cool to see Heath win the title with the help from Rhyno at Mania. This sets up Miz beating Taker for the title at SummerSlam.

BWAHHHHHHAAAAAHAHA!

ReiGun

Heath got over because, lo and behold, he got mic time, vignettes, and in ring skits that all built his character. And for some reason, the moment he and Rhyno won the titles, they stopped doing all that and had them wrestling on Main Event and watching TVs in the back.

Doesn't fill me with confidence that they'll really go ahead with any kind of push post the break up with Rhyno. Probably be in a feud with Curt Hawkins.

Heath got over because, lo and behold, he got mic time, vignettes, and in ring skits that all built his character. And for some reason, the moment he and Rhyno won the titles, they stopped doing all that and had them wrestling on Main Event and watching TVs in the back.

Doesn't fill me with confidence that they'll really go ahead with any kind of push post the break up with Rhyno. Probably be in a feud with Curt Hawkins.
Instead of a child star no one in the audience relates to, they could do some more character work with people in the tag division like the usos, AA, and breezango, and like you said, actually capitalize on the Slater hype.

Getting caught up with 205 Live

Lol @ Dar vs Alexander.

95% of the match Dar is working on the arm. It's factor in the finish? Alexander hit the ring post, which stumbled him (where he stopped selling the arm) into some kick finish to the head from Dar.... k.

It was a decent match just seems weird to spend all that time on an arm and it not end un an arm submission finish or something more meaningful then a set up for a kick to the head, the ring post spot didn't need 5 minutes of arm work to justify Alexander stumbling back for 20 seconds before the kick.

Why are Davari and Gallagher fighting for the 3rd show in a row? And Gallagher sells the leg for the whole match and the finish is?;Frog Splash.

Lol two Captains Hook rope break spots in the ME?

205 is all right but man the finishes were all pretty bad.

Three matches, three body selling, none factored in to the finish lol.

Smackdown was alright.

Bliss out promo'd Lynch again. Lynch is very much the heel in this story and I kinda love it

What was up with the B-list has been Youtubing dwarf?

That 20+ year old SNL reference, that seems perfect for Vince, granted the amount of really iconic characters has dropped off in the last 20 years, especially last 15 or so.

Bestlexa.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE has 13 champions, counting the New Day Members as 3, instead of 2... Out of 99 active roster members. (not including NXT), this does not include such roster members as Daniel Bryan, Mick Foley, The Rock and Cathy Kelley, of course... Which are just a weird inclusion to have as current superstars, but oh well.

Either way, that gives every member a good 13% of being champion at any given time.

Essentially, if in this day and age you are not a title holder at any point during any given year, you have utterly failed in every aspect of your WWE career.

---

Edit: As an aside, in only a few months of not watching, I was already surprised to learn of several new "stars" that I did not even know were on the roster. I mean, Kenny and Mikey? Really?

MC Safety

Either way, that gives every member a good 13% of being champion at any given time.

Essentially, if in this day and age you are not a title holder at any point during any given year, you have utterly failed in every aspect of your WWE career.

You're taking the "sports" aspect of sports entertainment too literally.

Think of wrestlers as actors and their roles are more easily explainable.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't care about roles, I only care about the fact that there's enough titles now to cover over 10% of the roster, that is absurdly high and renders holding titles completely useless.

Hasney

I don't care about roles, I only care about the fact that there's enough titles now to cover over 10% of the roster, that is absurdly high and renders holding titles completely useless.

Nothing wrong with a world, mid, women's and tag per roster. Doesn't render anything useless.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nothing wrong with a world, mid, women's and tag per roster. Doesn't render anything useless.

I agree, it is fine to have divisions... If you have enough people to fill them.

UFC has 10 divisions, 8 men and 2 women's. They also have 10 contenders for each of them, as well as an undercard, along with the champions. Roughly forty fighters per weight class. Now then it makes sense to have 10 titles.

13 titles, with less than a hundred people on the whole roster, it's too much.

She needs a t-shirt or something badly, get her a logo fast. No plates isn't helping that belt look any less like a replica.

Bliss doesn’t want you to buy her shirts. She's not here to beg the fans to support her, she's here to wrestle and be a true champion, the champion.

She doesn't need a logo or a brand. Winning is her brand. The Smackdown Live Women's Championship is her logo

Pikma

Banned
I agree, it is fine to have divisions... If you have enough people to fill them.

UFC has 10 divisions, 8 men and 2 women's. They also have 10 contenders for each of them, as well as an undercard, along with the champions. Roughly forty fighters per weight class. Now then it makes sense to have 10 titles.

13 titles, with less than a hundred people on the whole roster, it's too much.
Should I show you the door to UFCGAF then?

Stop comparing this fake shit to a real sport

You're overthinking this

Bliss doesn’t want you to buy her shirts. She's not here to beg the fans to support her, she's here to wrestle and be a true champion, the champion.

She doesn't need a logo or a brand. Winning is her brand. The Smackdown Live Women's Championship is her logo
I'm not sure I could even buy that as a kayfabe reason.

I just realized why I dislike Dean so much. His wrestling is like watching a high school drama club production of a wrestling match. It's very theatrical and phony looking.

His selling - I don't even know if you can actually call it that - when he went to the apron and then climbed the turnbuckle at the end of the match was so appalling I actually hated him. It was just shaky wanky nonsense dribble-shit, and I fucking hate it. I really now hate him. I'm starting to hate Renee because of him. I'm hating everything.

I'm not sure I could even buy that as a kayfabe reason.

Bliss cares only about Bliss and the title. She's got money in spades, what she wants is the glory, the status of champion, that's all she needs.

She doesn't want you sycophants twisting her blissful image into a false idol by wearing it on your chests.

Worship her if you must but do it every Tuesday by going to or tuning in, at 8pm EST/5pm PST, to Smackdown Live, the home of the true champion of wrestling.

MC Safety

Bliss cares only about Bliss and the title. She's got money in spades, what she wants is the glory, the status of champion, that's all she needs.

She doesn't want you sycophants twisting her blissful image into a false idol by wearing it on your chests.

Worship her if you must but do it every Tuesday by going to or tuning in, at 8pm EST/5pm PST, to Smackdown Live, the home of the true champion of wrestling.

This is shtick, and I get it, but it's still a little weird.

Aiii

So not worth it
Should I show you the door to UFCGAF then?

Stop comparing this fake shit to a real sport

You're overthinking this

Looking for a reason to watch a PPV, and being told that it's not about the title matches since they don't matter anyways and it's not a real sport... That's not overthinking things. That's literally being told that nothing matters and you shouldn't watch this shit.

Which just confirms my point. If belts are props like tables, "steel" chairs and pyrotechnics, then why have so many of them in the first place? We're at the point where the belts are meaningless, but all the PPV matches are feuds about meaningless belts. Alexa Bliss crying her eyes out for winning a belt she's gonna hot potato with Becky Lynch for the next year seems rather silly, doesn't it? Maybe next draft one of them gets put on Raw, and one of the two women on Raw gets moved to Smackdown so we can get some fresh match-ups.

Oh, this should be fun!

0TkOgiE.jpg

Mutoh's starting up a Grumpy Old Dads promotion! Looking forward to the card being an early highlight in the 2017 indie sleaze calendar.

Aiii

So not worth it
Look at all that talent, though. Back in the 90s they would have made a billion dollars at the gate. Or something close to it.

The "You deserve it!" chants were so perfect, you could sense just a glimmer of an inside giggle from Ambrose, I bet him and Miz had a laugh back stage.

Top Bottom