• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Zach

A McMahon In Every Office

xLTwYtX.gif

I've been watching Surivor Series since 2000 and decided to skip right through 02-05 based on the matches. I'm into the final match for 05 am wondering who in the hell green light Chris Masters "masterpiece" character? It's literally a Lex Luger rip off and it's vanilla as fuck.

Also this is the best the RAW roster could put out there? WOOF. I'm guessing i'm close to entering the worst period of WWE?

I've been watching Surivor Series since 2000 and decided to skip right through 02-05 based on the matches. I'm into the final match for 05 am wondering who in the hell green light Chris Masters "masterpiece" character? It's literally a Lex Luger rip off and it's vanilla as fuck.

Also this is the best the RAW roster could put out there? WOOF. I'm guessing i'm close to entering the worst period of WWE?
Masters was actually pretty, the thing about that period of time they had great talent but they would put the guys on the back burner after they buried them. Carlito stopped caring because they stopped caring about him. The Chris Benoit thing basically made them go back over Masters because he was juicing and he shrunk. It was bad.

Man I can talk about this all day about the problems they made during that period. Put it like this, they put Cena over everything and look where that's gotten them. Vince didn't learn that you must create new stars and make them strong. Keep them strong.

Masters was actually pretty, the thing about that period of time they had great talent but they would put the guys on the back burner after they buried them. Carlito stopped caring because they stopped caring about him. The Chris Benoit thing basically made them go back over Masters because he was juicing and he shrunk. It was bad.

Man I can talk about this all day about the problems they made during that period. Put it like this, they put Cena over everything and look where that's gotten them. Vince didn't learn that you must create new stars and make them strong. Keep them strong.

But in my watching of that era Cena has a personality, he's exciting to see come out of the back. Masters was just there and posing.

Also Carlitos theme is awful. Just downright awful

Kaladin

Shoot Fridays:

Stone Cold's run up to the 1998 Royal Rumble where he is trying to take out everyone in the Rumble is one of the best things in wrestling.

Heroman

Banned
The world of pro wrestling is going some pretty good and some bad changes right now. It going to be a different place in a few years.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It says the WWE's entire growth strategy is somehow continually expanding the Network.

That sounds a bit like my friend's dad, whose retirement plan was hoping his house continually gains value from now until he dies so he can keep refinancing it. He's bankrupt and rents a room out from some stoner now.

Zach

I wouldn't mind WWE coming under increased scrutiny due to Linda McMahon's appointment in our godforsaken government. I mean, long-term. This is obviously a good thing for them short-term.

Specifically, I'm talking about wrasslers being "independent contractors" without the same freedom of independent contractors. Among other things.

Caderfix

With AJ on the list, I can't tell if this is a work or not. Corbin's awkward fist pumps to the music, standing there looking awkward waiting for the red lights to come on...the whole thing is weak and nonthreatening.

The song is great, the lighting is great and the douchebaggary is great. Simple and straight to the point.

Heroman

Banned
It says the WWE's entire growth strategy is somehow continually expanding the Network.

That sounds a bit like my friend's dad, whose retirement plan was hoping his house continually gains value from now until he dies so he can keep refinancing it. He's bankrupt and rents a room out from some stoner now.
How else are they going to grow, the killed PPV and no one watches there TV.

klonere

Banned
Holy shit that is amazing. Steph and Paul's reaction to possibly losing their hegemony over the future of the company.

This is regarding a lot of high powered executives, with very experienced background that were hired around the genesis of the Network. None lasted more than 18 MONTHS.

"Outside people will get killed unless they totally conform to what Vince wants—it's impossible to do that," said one former senior-level executive. "Vince, Paul, and Stephanie will blame everyone else for their own missteps. That's why no creative executive can last there. You are treated like a commodity—just a barrel of corn. You are only a piece of talent, cultivated and developed, until they need to blame you and fire you and bring someone else in. They like the appearance of hiring people from outside the wrestling industry, but it in the end it's still Vince making all the decisions."

Top Bottom