• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Yeah he looks like an old lady. He had a stroke of some sort I think.

It's sad though...he actually was capable of putting on good matches early in his career. I mean most of them were against like Flair and Steamboat but he still put forth some effort. He wasn't a bad wrestler for a big guy.

Then around the time he went to the WWF he just fell off and was never even decent again.

I think it might be an unpopular opinion around these parts, but I always thought Lex was a piece of shit but in and out of the ring throughout his entire career. You'd also be hard pressed to find a guy who cant have a good match against the likes of Flair and Steamboat.

*EDIT*

NEW PAGE AGAIN?!
vqA7xM.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah he looks like an old lady. He had a stroke of some sort I think.

It's sad though...he actually was capable of putting on good matches early in his career. I mean most of them were against like Flair and Steamboat but he still put forth some effort. He wasn't a bad wrestler for a big guy.

Then around the time he went to the WWF he just fell off and was never even decent again.

He was decent in Totally Buffed. Not as a wrestler, but they were entertaining to watch. Which goes a long fucking way in WCW 2000

Doc Gallows is just about as horrible as Bad Luck Fale. NJPW loves big men almost as Vince. Nobody ever reached the brass ring by jumping or climbing, but by HD own height. Luckily Dragon Gate doesn't suffer from this......

There should be a stipulation that with each of the single belts

• US Championship
  • Intercontinental Championship
  • Internet Championship
  • World Heavyweight Championship

That if you are able to defend the title for a certain amount of time you can trade it in for a higher belt shot.

And when a belt is traded in you have a tournament(King of the ring style) for the vacant belt featuring the champ from a lower belt.

You protect the highest belt and you are able to move the card around in a natural way.

I used to be opposed to this, but honestly the belts are treated like garbage anyway so why not? Gotta get rid of that U.S belt though, or at least turn it into a TV title

Alucard

Banned
I recall dudes doing that spot in ROH like 10 years ago.

Doesn't make it any less cool, man.

Full card for the World Tag League Final show on Sunday;

NJPW, "WORLD TAG LEAGUE FINAL", 2014.12.07
Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium

1. Sho Tanaka vs Yohei Komatsu
2. BUSHI & Tiger Mask vs El Desperado & Taichi
3. Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
4. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Captain New Japan vs Michael Bennett & Matt Taven
5. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs Rob Conway & Jax Dane
6. Kazushi Sakuraba, Toru Yano & Gedo vs Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka & TAKA Michinoku
7. Tetsuya Naito, Ryusuke Taguchi & Tomoaki Honma vs AJ Styles, Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi
8. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi, Togi Makabe & La Sombra vs Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI
9. World Tag League FINAL: Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows

Tag final itself should be good, I also like the look of that 8-man tag and looking forward to the young lions match to kick things off. A couple more singles matches would've been nice, though.

Curious to see Taven and Bennett. These are going to go up on New Japan World a day or two after it's done, right?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You want to make Ambrose or Ziggler nerds mad, you let them know that the TV title meant more with Disco Inferno than the US title ever did with either of them.

Fox318

I swear that used to be a thing in the NWA in the 70s and 80s, but it could just be that lower ranked champions got title shots at the next ranked title more often. The US/IC champion used to always be the automatic number one contender to NWA/WCW and WWF championships.
I mean if you are going to fill the mid card with matches you might as well give it a shot.

For example.

The Miz in 3 PPV events in a row has won the Intercontinental title shot, an US Title shot, and won the Tag team belts.

If you want to protect everyone on the card gradual lowering and raising on the card is the way to do it.

Saw a Kofi promo just now on Smackdown, maybe there is a new day after all, that shared promo time was like the most I've heard him speak since he since 2009.

Can't let this wonderful reminder pass by without the best name, Chilly McFreeze.

have you already forgotten his WILDCAT promo?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd love Kayfabe rankings and belts being number one contenders. Also getting rid of rematches unless super shenanigans happened. If you lose the title shot you go back down to the bottom.

I mean if you are going to fill the mid card with matches you might as well give it a shot.

For example.

The Miz in 3 PPV events in a row has won the Intercontinental title shot, an US Title shot, and won the Tag team belts.

If you want to protect everyone on the card gradual lowering and raising on the card is the way to do it.

There are like 8 people on the roster who have never held a title in the WWE, and yet no one gives a shit

Fox318

I'm always amazed that they have 3 hours of TV on Monday and this happens:

• ad breaks during matches
  • boring promos that drag on
  • Not giving mic time to any midcard or Divas
  • No backstage matches

It always seems crazy that they have more time then they ever had yet they have no idea how to use it.

strobogo

Banned
Nice. Harper vs Ziggler kicking off Smackdown.

I don't understand why they insist on running matches that are going to be on PPV in a week or two. They did Rowan/Big Show on Raw for no reason when they had a PPV match scheduled in 2 weeks. Harper/Ziggler have a match scheduled in 10 days. They've already had 4 matches on TV in the past month and a half I think. Main event for Raw will probably be Cena/Rollins. Smackdown will probably be Ryback/Kane.

somedevil

I don't understand why they insist on running matches that are going to be on PPV in a week or two. They did Rowan/Big Show on Raw for no reason when they had a PPV match scheduled in 2 weeks. Harper/Ziggler have a match scheduled in 10 days. They've already had 4 matches on TV in the past month and a half I think. Main event for Raw will probably be Cena/Rollins. Smackdown will probably be Ryback/Kane.

In there mind the story is Harper lost by DQ and count out to prevent Ziggler from winning the title. So at TLC it will be a ladder match so there will be no dq or count finishes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

THIS. It's been like this almost all year. Why? Just mix up the match ups a bit.

It's why an excellent Dust Brothers or Wyatts versus Usos match is hated by those who watch RAW every week, they've seen it five straight times in a row.

Top Bottom