• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
WrassleGAF, I had a job interview today at 8 AM to teach Social Studies. I got a call back at 11:30 AM saying that I got the job. I am so happy!

Handshakes for everyone!

YOU STILL GOT IT.

*edit*

New Page?!

KeO4V9.gif

Fox318

WrassleGAF, I had a job interview today at 8 AM to teach Social Studies. I got a call back at 11:30 AM saying that I got the job. I am so happy!

Handshakes for everyone!

Congrats.

Will you teach them the ways of Rusev or will you let your students ride the Lex Express?

yMcfVqH.gif

This is the second PPV since JR turned heel. Oh god, he's heel in this one too. I thought it only lasted a month. "Why would he want a woman with him at ringside? What purpose would it serve?

I..I can't tell the difference between heel JR and normal JR.

It's not as bad as anything WWE did from 2011 to Lawler's heartattack. It's all unwatchable due to heel Michael Cole. Just dreadful.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Zack Ryder is looking to dip his toe in the Samoa Joe waters and stream kideo games. Sure, I'll try it once.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All these wrestlers doing podcasts, now fucking Taz? If someone incoherent is going to do a podcast, it should be Dusty.

Dusty Rhodes. First guest Pat Patterson. 6 hours long. No episode 2. I'd be satisfied.

DMczaf

Handshakes for everyone!

Those kids will go far with the amount of Nolan, Jordan and HBK knowledge they will consume over the course of a year.

Undertaker will return...with his own podcast too.

P-P-P-P-Podcast One presents...
You've done it now, You've gone and made a big mistake.
And I cant allow, You to think you can just walk away,
So turn around,
and face the piper you're gonna pay,
'Cause the end is now,
This is gonna be your judgement day.

A cheap shot, That's the way that you play the game,
I was blindsided, Things will never ever be the same.

Nice guys, It's said they always finish last,
But bad asses, always kick an ass's ass.

You're gonna pay, You're gonna pay.
There's no forgiveness this time.
It's my business, Your mine.

I'm burning these ones to the ground.
I'm gonna bring you down.

No more chances, No more excuses, no lies.
Your stories ending, Time to say your goodbyes.
Nice guys, Its said they always finish last,
But bad asses, always kicks an ass___'s ass.

There's no forgiveness this time.
Your gonna pay, You're gonna pay.
Its my business, Your mine.

I'm burning these ones to the ground.
I'm gonna bring you down.

First off we gotta pay the bills. You didn't think I fill my Harley's tank on the souls of streak victims did ya? How far you think I could make it out in the desert on CM Punk's frail ass? Nah, see, when I'm out in 100 degree weather sitting on my keister, things can get a bit sweaty down there. That's why I use minted buttwipes and you should too.

Full card for the World Tag League Final show on Sunday;

NJPW, "WORLD TAG LEAGUE FINAL", 2014.12.07
Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium

1. Sho Tanaka vs Yohei Komatsu
2. BUSHI & Tiger Mask vs El Desperado & Taichi
3. Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
4. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Captain New Japan vs Michael Bennett & Matt Taven
5. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs Rob Conway & Jax Dane
6. Kazushi Sakuraba, Toru Yano & Gedo vs Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka & TAKA Michinoku
7. Tetsuya Naito, Ryusuke Taguchi & Tomoaki Honma vs AJ Styles, Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi
8. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi, Togi Makabe & La Sombra vs Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI
9. World Tag League FINAL: Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows

Tag final itself should be good, I also like the look of that 8-man tag and looking forward to the young lions match to kick things off. A couple more singles matches would've been nice, though.

He's in the World Tag League FINAL. Figured that meant something.

One half of the current tag champs, so they're going to book him strongly - dude isn't great or anything, but he's serviceable in his role as 'big gaijin guy'. Anderson carries the team, more than he had to with Giant Bernard. Shibata and Goto likely win here to set up a title match at the Dome.

Fox318

There should be a stipulation that with each of the single belts

• US Championship
  • Intercontinental Championship
  • Internet Championship
  • World Heavyweight Championship

That if you are able to defend the title for a certain amount of time you can trade it in for a higher belt shot.

And when a belt is traded in you have a tournament(King of the ring style) for the vacant belt featuring the champ from a lower belt.

You protect the highest belt and you are able to move the card around in a natural way.

Why doesn't Punk support sports that are actually cool like Football and Basketball. Guess he just have to be a rebel like that. Or maybe he's just cheap. Baseball and Hockey are much more affordable!

I assume his local football/basketball teams were shit growing up and the baseball/hockey teams were good. That's generally a good indicator unless you are pushed towards a sport by family or close friends.

I mean fuck, I'm interested in this carny piece of shit entertainment industry due to my cool maths teacher lending out recorded VHS tapes of Raw.

I bet Street Fighter 5 is 100% full exclusive.

But ya bet your ass Super Street Fighter 5 will be on everything.

Ding ding. Unless Sony sign a contract for that as well, like MS did for Titanfall eventually.

I very much expect Capcom went to Sony though, rather than the other way around.

It sucks for X1 owners but fingers crossed the SSF5 edition isn't locked away.

Plenty of poor people own all the consoles. What's the issue? You don't have to be rich to play kideo games.
PS4 launched cheaper than the X1 in the US too didn't it? The poor people would have picked up a PS4 and now don't have the issue of missing out on Street Fighter!

Every time I watch NXT I find myself more and more disenfranchised with the crowd. Not everything needs ridiculous chants. It's tiring.

Agreed, I want to hear the impact of the wrestlers and the commentary reacting to them. Crowd chants during down moments or actual participation moments (like a submission or something).

lol assholes to the fanbase. Won't a developer think of their feelings before they work on something someone played?

you poor millenials.

Isn't that around the wrong way? The developers are disrespectful millenials while the older developers treated the customers well?

The customer is always an arsehole but the customer is always an arsehole right.

(I thought DmC was alright, an interesting different direction. Would love a proper DMC5 though)

When has there ever been a courteous fanbase for something? I'm trying to think of a 'good' fanbase and coming up empty.

Nintendo fans. They make a complaint here or there on a message board but they still buy up a ton of 1st party games and stuff like Amiibos without missing a beat.

CM Punk, bleached blonde frail persona.

Joeki11a is the captain now.

You stuffed up Heel, it's 'Frail bleached blonde doofus'. The capital F is for impact.
Can't paraphrase a beautiful mind like Joeki11a, that's just watering down the quality.

He’s gone and done it... he’s gone and woke the sleeping dragon now.

CM Punk should have left well enough alone and now he’s going to get it. It's not enough that he is bleeding benjamins from practically every crevice of his existence. Now he’s go and throw immense shade in a niche podcast like Art of Wrestling just to piss off the WWE. Why shill your shitty merchandise and piss as many fans as possible? Why not put that effort in getting a real job instead?

I know, I know... this is the way the business goes as they say. Well, he forced WWE's hands with his accusations and WWE only responded with a Neilson Ratings whooping (source: wrasslegaf thread) by way of incredible entertainment and value. WWE will undoubtedly follow these accusations up with some real megatons of their own.

Stang. A true Cena reign. Stone cold podcasts for 9.99. Roman Reigns making it rain. Dancing gimmicks, shuckin’ and jiving’, and poopy jokes. Those are the kinds of blockbuster response entertainment I expect, and then some. You hit WWE with a jab, you best be ready for a flurry of uppercuts coming at you in response.
iyfopngfh9mok0hiwl.gif

He should be Koncessions Kane's dishwasher at best.

Look, I know little Al is a sick kid and all, but:

“I like John Cena because I think he's a good wrestler and I like how he fights and everything. And I like that if he's champion, he doesn't go bragging about it,” Alfredo said.

What show is he watching?

He's 10 years old and struggling to even live, he's asleep in bed before Raw even comes on. Alfredo is an awesome name, reminds me of the happy time eating chicken alfredo before I drank too much one night while eating it and now dry retch at the smell of it.

BTW did anyone notice any other "inspiration to sick kids" wrestlers or is it just John Cena that has sick fans?

Have you seen him these days? I remember how it kinda blew my mind when I saw him. I wonder what that kinda drastic transformation does to someone from a mental standpoint. Pretty nuts.

WE BOUGHT YOUR FUCKING HOUSE, PHIL

Yeah he looks like an old lady. He had a stroke of some sort I think.

It's sad though...he actually was capable of putting on good matches early in his career. I mean most of them were against like Flair and Steamboat but he still put forth some effort. He wasn't a bad wrestler for a big guy.

Then around the time he went to the WWF he just fell off and was never even decent again.

strobogo

Banned
There should be a stipulation that with each of the single belts

• US Championship
  • Intercontinental Championship
  • Internet Championship
  • World Heavyweight Championship

That if you are able to defend the title for a certain amount of time you can trade it in for a higher belt shot.

And when a belt is traded in you have a tournament(King of the ring style) for the vacant belt featuring the champ from a lower belt.

You protect the highest belt and you are able to move the card around in a natural way.

I swear that used to be a thing in the NWA in the 70s and 80s, but it could just be that lower ranked champions got title shots at the next ranked title more often. The US/IC champion used to always be the automatic number one contender to NWA/WCW and WWF championships.

Top Bottom