• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

UberTag

I don't understand why they insist on running matches that are going to be on PPV in a week or two. They did Rowan/Big Show on Raw for no reason when they had a PPV match scheduled in 2 weeks. Harper/Ziggler have a match scheduled in 10 days. They've already had 4 matches on TV in the past month and a half I think. Main event for Raw will probably be Cena/Rollins. Smackdown will probably be Ryback/Kane.
Why are you perplexed by this, stro?
It makes it easy for them to book creatively by giving these matches away constantly.
Nobody will gives a rat's ass about any of the outcomes because they're just trading wins meaningless in pointless feuds without stories.
They're not bothering to sell anyone on the actual PPV events where these matches will also take place... albeit with a dumb stipulation.
And they'll just have rematches on RAW the day after the PPV itself.

So what does any of this matter? They insist on doing it because it's easy.
They insist on doing it because it results in nobody getting over.
They insist on doing it to ensure we're sick of everybody on the card.
And thus Cena gets to keep his spot. Ditto for Reigns when he comes back.
People get conditioned to expect crap and lower their expectations accordingly.
Hence they don't have to try as hard.

Vylash

Ascension promo

wRp1wdX.gif

Man, fuck Suplex apparel. I ordered a Devitt shirt and a hoodie in September. I knew it would take a while to ship but realized I didn't have it but 45 days already passed with PayPal. I've emailed their CS a few times and called using Skype. I even tried tweeting at them and have heard nothing. I Never for tracking info or anything. I'm very upset. Any Brits on here have any contact with the guy who runs it?

bjork

I have 357 points in this event on Supercard. The top maniac has 30,490. People must want these top cards super bad. I'm good with rank 30,000 or higher, but I might not make it. Lots of people this time.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I have 357 points in this event on Supercard. The top maniac has 30,490. People must want these top cards super bad. I'm good with rank 30,000 or higher, but I might not make it. Lots of people this time.

I'm at the point where placing in the top 1500 or so is the only way to help my deck, so I'm not even bothering. I'm like at 90000 or something.

Fave Five NXT Animal Gimmicks:
5. Bull Dempsey
4. Enzo Amore's Cheetah Print
3. Lone Wolf Baron Corbin
2. Lucha Dragons
1. Cat Person Tyson Kidd

strobogo

Banned
I'm going to bring Inoki Era back. I'm thinking about doing themes.

• Gaijin
  • Specific feuds
  • Title matches
  • Interpromotional matches (even though 3 joint shows covered quite a few)
  • Specific wrestlers over the years

All I know is that I most definitely want to watch Hogan/Hansen vs Backlund/Inoki soon.

Why are these guys giving elevator pitches for their games before playing the trailer? If I can't infer everything I need to know about your game from the title and box art, you've failed.

Why are these guys giving elevator pitches for their games before playing the trailer? If I can't infer everything I need to know about your game from the title and box art, you've failed.

Damn nerds at gaming side kept saying that the awards would be more classy this year. It's still carny shit.

tumblr_n3fb79usGR1ql0k28o1_500.gif

YOU'RE GONNA DIE BUT IM NOT CAUSE IM IMMORTAL BUT AT LEAST YOU GOT TO GO OUT MEETING FREAKZILLA

LOL Scott Steiner seems like he would always be 'on'.

I bet he elbow drops the weeds in his garden.

cMVWbtY.jpg

"and that's why America needs to go back to the gold standard"

Et18v0W.jpg

"That mask is lined with tinfoil. The government won't be able to read your mind and control your desires with that mask"

Awww that's awesome, I bet Glenn got a lot out of those meetings too. Dude is awesome even if his time has well and truly passed.

New Godzilla would have been fine if it wasn't hyped to be something it wasn't.

Yup, I enjoyed it for what it was but it's undeniable that the most awesome parts of the movie was Godzilla being Godzilla. So awesome. The next one needs to be on Godzilla 80% of the time at least, I don't care what you gotta do.

Gaming gaf just went nuts in the game awards thread when they announced it was the half way point. There's at least three pages of people saying first half???

Gaming gaf just went nuts in the game awards thread when they announced it was the half way point. There's at least three pages of people saying first half???

That thing looks like it has the head count of a TNA show during its final days at Spike. I feel bad for that Keighley dude.

Top Bottom