• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Some of this shit is beyond cringeworthy. Some sad shits in that audience.

Alucard

Banned
Watching these 1970s New Japan matches has made me wonder...when did pro wrestling do away with trainers? The ring is surrounded by them, and between falls, they check on each guy. I know there are still trainers/doctors by ringside today, but they seemed much more involved and invested in the action in these '70s matches.

I'd love to see a wrestler coming down to the ring with a team of trainers today. Like in boxing or MMA. Could work for someone like Cesaro IMO. He's already got the towel on the head look.

Gonzalez

Banned
Watching these 1970s New Japan matches has made me wonder...when did pro wrestling do away with trainers? The ring is surrounded by them, and between falls, they check on each guy. I know there are still trainers/doctors by ringside today, but they seemed much more involved and invested in the action in these '70s matches.

I'd love to see a wrestler coming down to the ring with a team of trainers today. Like in boxing or MMA. Could work for someone like Cesaro IMO. He's already got the towel on the head look.

I miss the ringside media the most. Especially the Japanese media that would come over to cover their native wrestlers.

Alucard

Banned
Look at how hyped this trainer is.
Trainer%20hyped%20Antonio%20Inoki%20vs.%20Johnny%20Powers.gif.gif

Would be cool to see at least one wrestler come out with a group of guys in track gear, water bottles, and towels. But in a serious way. Not as a comedy act.

Alucard

Banned
I miss the ringside media the most. Especially the Japanese media that would come over to cover their native wrestlers.

I guess you can't really do this sort of thing with sports entertainment, as it would take the WWE back to the days of being more of an athletic competition than an entertainment spectacle.

Fox318

Look at how hyped this trainer is.
Trainer%20hyped%20Antonio%20Inoki%20vs.%20Johnny%20Powers.gif.gif

Would be cool to see at least one wrestler come out with a group of guys in track gear, water bottles, and towels. But in a serious way. Not as a comedy act.

But that would make it seem like a sport.

Can't have that, we need more grumpy cat.

Gonzalez

Banned
I guess you can't really do this sort of thing with sports entertainment, as it would take the WWE back to the days of being more of an athletic competition than an entertainment spectacle.
Fuck that... I want to see the dumb as fuck Ryback get pissed off, and cuss out a photographer because he accidentally bumped into him.

Carnby

When I'm at home I always watch the WWE Network on my Apple TV and I've barely had a single problem. I've seen a lot of people complain about the PS3, PS4, and Xbox WWE Network apps though. I think that the network runs really well on the iPhone too. I watch The Network almost every day at work on my phone and have never run into any problems there.

Thanks for the input guys.

But to clarify, the app runs fine on ps4 except during live ppvs. When I'm watching live ppvs, the picture quality constantly switches between HD and YouTube quality. It skips alot, and loops back 10 seconds at least 15 times. My friends and I now call this the "bonus instant replay". So if you guys think live ppvs run very well on Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, and Amazon Fire, then that is enough reason for me to purchase one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the input guys.

But to clarify, the app runs fine on ps4 except during live ppvs. When I'm watching live ppvs, the picture quality constantly switches between HD and YouTube quality. It skips alot, and loops back 10 seconds at least 15 times. My friends and I now call this the "bonus instant replay". So if you guys think live ppvs run very well on Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, and Amazon Fire, then that is enough reason for me to purchase one.

I've had 0 issues on other platforms, but...are you sure it isn't your internet connection? It'd be a shame for you to pay money for something that may not be the issue.

Carnby

I've had 0 issues on other platforms, but...are you sure it isn't your internet connection? It'd be a shame for you to pay money for something that may not be the issue.

Good point. When I do run the internet connection test on my ps4, I get at least 20Mbps down. That's plenty for streaming a ppv.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good point. When I do run the internet connection test on my ps4, I get at least 20Mbps down. That's plenty for streaming a ppv.

I'm just sayin...make sure first, use a phone or PC or something. Just some other device to make sure.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've always had trouble on PS3 and even once on PS4 during almost every live event and primetime whenever they do a free preview.

PC is rock solid though.

The PS4 app does the same exact thing for me. Usually plays stuff just fine on my PC or laptop. They did release an update for the WWE network on PS4 the other day. Maybe that fixed it. I'll try the NXT live thing on my PS4 to see if it's gotten any better.

I'm not sure if the interface is the same but it's pretty bad on the Roku streaming stick that they keep trying to shill. Really laggy. Mabye the FireTV one is better.

Carnby

I'm just sayin...make sure first, use a phone or PC or something. Just some other device to make sure.

I bought an Amazon Fire for my mother's Christmas gift. Would it be uncouth of me to open it and use it for TLC before I give it to her on Christmas Day?

Alucard

Banned
Hey guys, I'm looking for some feedback. I want to start a New Japan World review series that goes year by year and looks at the matches on New Japan World starting from 1973.

I need a title for the series. Help a guy out? Here are some I've just been brainstorming, and they include the template for the full title, but I'm not even sure I'll stick to this format.

New Japan World Tour: 1973
New Japan World Odyssey: 1973
New Japan World Content Review: 1973
New Japan World Year by Year: 1973

Thoughts? Other suggestions?

Gonzalez

Banned
You know one thing that helps streaming? Waiting 10 minutes after the show starts, and clicking "From Beginning". For some reason it doesn't stop, or stutter when I do this. It also allows me to properly rewind, or foward-forward when clicking "Live" if I try to rewind a few seconds it'll send me back 30 minutes(sometimes even to the previous program).

Top Bottom