• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Porting the PC ver of FF7 is best for business. Even though people whine, so many fools will pick it up anyway, which is just what they want. Minimum of effort. Fortunately, SE can make even more money since they sell cheats for FF7 in their store.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I played an hour or so of RE6 with Laserfrog and it was good times. He plays like Lou Thesz would if he were a seasoned gamer.

I also really enjoy people being upset about the FF7 announcement. It's better than the original, you can pay for cheats. Isn't that worth being excited about? Everyone was just complaining about too many HD remasters anyway, and it's not like the game would look much better.

It's actually much worse than the original, that's the funny part.

Not only did they troll those who wanted a remake, but they delivered a worse product than what you can get on Vita. It's like an out of shaped gassed Big Dave came back and "stole" an internet darling's rightful place.

I played an hour or so of RE6 with Laserfrog and it was good times. He plays like Lou Thesz would if he were a seasoned gamer.

I also really enjoy people being upset about the FF7 announcement. It's better than the original, you can pay for cheats. Isn't that worth being excited about? Everyone was just complaining about too many HD remasters anyway, and it's not like the game would look much better.

Even if a "real" remaster of FF7 was unveiled, some would just ignore it as another port and then go to the next title on the ever growing fanboy dream checklist. Fuck FF7, we wanted Shenmue collection!!!

Also the FF7 PC port plays fine, don't have any problems with it.

It's actually much worse than the original, that's the funny part.

Not only did they troll those who wanted a remake, but they delivered a worse product than what you can get on Vita. It's like an out of shaped gassed Big Dave came back and "stole" an internet darling's rightful place.
What issues does it have? Maybe I just haven't gotten to the trouble points yet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Even if a "real" remaster of FF7 was unveiled, some would just ignore it as another port and then go to the next title on the ever growing fanboy dream checklist. Fuck FF7, we wanted Shenmue collection!!!

Also the FF7 PC port plays fine, don't have any problems with it.

What issues does it have? Maybe I just haven't gotten to the trouble points yet.

They fixed the big one (it used to have the shame shitty soundtrack that the PC version has) and fixed most of the major glitches the PC version had but a lot of the new shaders/improvements made to the game make it look worse. That and it's still glitchier than the PS1 original.

Recall

I played Yakuza 4 so much and loved every minute of it. I simply cannot wait for 5, so happy it is indeed getting translated.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It would be stupid to announce let alone develop an FFVII remake without XV being out.

They probably won't even do it until like after XVI anyway. Hell they probably won't at all.

It was still a brilliant troll.

They fixed the big one (it used to have the shame shitty soundtrack that the PC version has) and fixed most of the major glitches the PC version had but a lot of the new shaders/improvements made to the game make it look worse. That and it's still glitchier than the PS1 original.

Gotcha, I guess I just have a terrible memory then lol, have both 7 and 8 and they seemed fine to me. Haven't purchased 13 yet.

Recall

I wonder how little money it will cost to port the game? I know plenty of "casuals" here in the UK who don't have a gaming PC and have huge nostalgia boners for FF7 who will lap this up. Gotta remember that FF7 was the first Final Fantasy to reach European shores and there is a generation who has most likely never played it too.

I bet this will turn into a huge win in regards to bringing the cash dollars.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It would be stupid to announce let alone develop an FFVII remake without XV being out.

They probably won't even do it until like after XVI anyway. Hell they probably won't at all.

It was still a brilliant troll.

The only way FF VII remake was going to be announced here if it was a true co-production like SF V and Sony not only paid for it but did the work. Square-Enix doesn't have the manpower to do anything like FF VII up to current gen visuals. Hell making it look good for PS360 or Wii U is probably beyond their resources right now. All hands are on FF XV and KH 3 and before that everyone working on console games was working on correcting the FF XIV disaster.

The only way FF VII remake was going to be announced here if it was a true co-production like SF V and Sony not only paid for it but did the work. Square-Enix doesn't have the manpower to do anything like FF VII up to current gen visuals. Hell making it look good for PS360 or Wii U is probably beyond their resources right now. All hands are on FF XV and KH 3 and before that everyone working on console games was working on correcting the FF XIV disaster.

Yeah, SE lack the man power to do the remake, they have one dedicated team for FFXIV content, another for the DQ mmorpg, two big teams working on FFXV and KH3, the mobile division, the team working on the new DQ, a bunch of small teams working on handhelds games, ports and HD remasters.

Is KH3 looking good? Surprising lack of hype for it from what I've read.

I hope they do the same shit for the last guardian. If it takes 20 years to come out the game probably isn't going to be good because they can't figure out what to do. Also the creator said that the main character had to be a boy because girls can't climb things or wear pants so there would be upskirts. Fuck that guy.

0UHWiqN.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Who even cares about a remake for a silly old RPG when there's a remake coming for the best game ever made? Purple Tentacle is where the real money is, Double Fine knows.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Who even cares about a remake for a silly old RPG when there's a remake coming for the best game ever made? Purple Tentacle is where the real money is, Double Fine knows.

Double Fine doesn't know a profitable game from a good one and as such have made neither since forming.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Double Fine totally sucks. No interest in these classic adventure remakes. Nobody will give a fuck, either.

Final Fantasy 8 is the best Final Fantasy, 6 is a close second. And I don't even need to justify it.

I love 8 because it's fun to just break it. It's got such a shitty cast outside of Rinoa and Squall's story. Irvine, Zell, Quistis etc; are all garbage. Seifer and his crew are fun. The game's strong point is when it's focusing on Squall's development and the love story between him and Rinoa. Also, I like Laguna's stuff. FF6 and 9 just have such a lovable supporting cast and just an overall better world and game design.

You know new guy, I think you and I are gonna get along fabulously

I can't remember if you were the one that asked if I liked Layla? Because I do. We have a bright future in the tag division, brotherjackdude

Double Fine totally sucks. No interest in these classic adventure remakes. Nobody will give a fuck, either.

DoubleFine has the talent and the creative ideas and a pretty likable figurehead, but I feel like they have no clue what to do with their IP's. I think Costume Quest is good fun, they have enjoyable ideas, but poor management and execution. I feel like I should love them more than I do.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Square is garbage
Double Fine is Double Garbage. They're resorting to WWE levels of having to resort to nostalgia because their current product bites so bad.

Square is garbage
Double Fine is Double Garbage. They're resorting to WWE levels of having to resort to nostalgia because their current product bites so bad.

Lol, just like WWE. You can have all the talent and cash/funding in the world, but it means fuckall if you have no idea what to do with it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
7 is quite possibly the most popular game there is to be a hipster about. It sold out, it was never any good to begin with, blah blah blah. Overrated. You hear all this shit.

It's wrong. The game is an all time classic that changed the industry forever. Yeah, no shit it looks rough these days without realizing that it was literally the best looking game on the planet when released. No other game got a marketing push like it until Halo 3 either. This shit was all over MTV and other places in the key advertising demos that entire summer. You know all those other JRPGS that came out after that were supposedly much better? They were only localized because FF 7 did so well.

FF 7 is the Hulk Hogan of RPGs.

Sokantish

I hope they do the same shit for the last guardian. If it takes 20 years to come out the game probably isn't going to be good because they can't figure out what to do. Also the creator said that the main character had to be a boy because girls can't climb things or wear pants so there would be upskirts. Fuck that guy.

http://i.imgur.com/0UHWiqN.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

I don't know how to climb things... I'm not a girl am I? I've been wearing pants my whole life

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remember K-Mart. Good times. they used to have this Tarzan And The Lost City toy that screamed at you whenever you walked by.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Exactly, it's just not the time or place and it may never be unless someone throws the money/resources at them for it.
It's still a bit of a ways out and I'm sure Square wants XV to get the mindshare atm. The Osaka team is gonna do a damn good job after what they showed they could do with just KH: BBS.

Carnby

Who gives a fuck about anything from that conference that isn't Yakuza

Some asshole in the Yakuza 5 thread blasted me because I said I don't have a PS3 and i'd still buy a physical copy day one. But since it's digital only, I won't buy it. Why the fuck does he care so much about my preference for physical copies?

That was probably my first bad experience with gaming side.

Sokantish

Some asshole in the Yakuza 5 thread blasted me because I said I don't have a PS3 and i'd still buy a physical copy day one. But since it's digital only, I won't buy it. Why the fuck does he care so much about my preference for physical copies?

That was probably my first bad experience with gaming side.

Why would you buy it if you don't have a PS3?

Carnby

Why would you buy it if you don't have a PS3?

I love the Yakuza series. I'd buy it to eventually play it when I eventually own a ps3. I'd buy it to support the cause. I'd buy it to put it on the shelf next to the rest of my Yakuza games.

So yes, I'd buy it just to own it. You never really own digital games.

Top Bottom