• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching the in your house PPV after WM 12.

Fuck man. Early Golddust stuff. The faggot chants.

This is not fun and playful, friends.

Yeah, but that's how he got his heat. It's uncomfortable.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Top Ten Most Uncomfortable Moments of WWE Lore

strobogo

Banned
The crazy zooming and such was their thing, as were the super cheap cameras and such.

...Wait, they put that garbage on NJWorld?!

Yes. Yano/MVP and Tanahashi/Davey Richards are both up. And both are one camera shoots, despite there being at least 2 other camera men at ringside and I would have to assume a hard cam somewhere in the building.

I mean, I get why they're doing what they're doing. But it's 1: Pretty awful to be a gay kid watching this back when it happened (I sure as hell know the commentary and shit they pulled with Chyna was certainly awful at times) and 2: not entertaining to watch at all now.

Oh shit, it's VADER! Was Vader's run in WWF good? I can't remember a lot of it. I don't think they ever had stuff that was as good as Vader/Flair and Sting/Vader but I'd love to be proven wrong.

bjork

I mean, I get why they're doing what they're doing. But it's 1: Pretty awful to be a gay kid watching this back when it happened (I sure as hell know the commentary and shit they pulled with Chyna was certainly awful at times) and 2: not entertaining to watch at all now.

Oh shit, it's VADER! Was Vader's run in WWF good? I can't remember a lot of it. I don't think they ever had stuff that was as good as Vader/Flair and Sting/Vader but I'd love to be proven wrong.

I remember being pumped for Warrior's return, going to WM12 and having my mark-out moment, then being kinda bummed hard at everything after. I also remember my mom becoming a Goldust fan once Piper stripped him down during that match. But yeah, lots of cringeworthy promo work leading up to all of goldy's stuff back then.

The WWF Vader stuff was slightly before my time, but all I know is that he apparently didn't get the push he deserved because of HBK? I dunno if someone else here can confirm that or not. Always liked Vader though, he also seems like a cool guy. Anyone who was on Boy Meets World is cool with me

Also this moment I remember vividly, which I think is sadder because of his apparent self-esteem issues. He was apparently a pretty big sweetheart from what I heard, emotional guy.
:c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dF03IDeZ5U

Yes. Yano/MVP and Tanahashi/Davey Richards are both up. And both are one camera shoots, despite there being at least 2 other camera men at ringside and I would have to assume a hard cam somewhere in the building.

That might be because they brought a student along to film it; I don't think that's JAPW's stuff.

strobogo

Banned

Not really. He had a good match with HBK, the fatal four way with Taker/Austin/Bret, and the what was pretty much a shoot style match with Ken Shamrock. It was a huge wasted run and he could have been tearing shit up in Japan or something.

Mr. Fuji yelling BAKKA on TNT in 1984 while trying to get Vince and Al drunk on sake and having to be held back from beating his geisha girl. Also there was a ref in one of the matches that clearly said "ring the fucking bell". And Sal Bellomo said something like "Jesus Christ it's so boring on the road". This episode also features a vault match of Fred Blassie which contains the sound clip of "Yes sir, we promised you a great main event" .

Jamie OD

Vader Vs HBK as Summerslam was good and I remember Vader bled like a pig in the main event of IYH: Fatal 4 Way. But other than that I can't remember much of his WWF run.

Is there any possible way Raw doesn't end with Kane interfering in the Cena vs Big Show main event? Kane will choke slam Cena and get DQ'd and then Raw ends with Rollins standing over Cena after he Curb Stomps him.

I have a feeling we'll be using this gif a lot tonight.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Lol you guys are going to love the best match nominations. John Cena vs Bray is one of the 4. The other 3 aren't bad either but probably not my picks to be in a top ten.

Live Event in Toronto.

Still not a RAW.

:(

Really? Lame. I haven't gone to a show since like around Survivor Series 2004. I've been meaning to go, and I dont care about Sting so I wont get worked like Stro did.

The entire WWE Universe deserves to be sucked up by a black hole.

I like how it's called the WWE Universe when the show is just stacked with white people. There's so much untapped demographic and too much Americana bullshit, it's weird.

Fox318

Can any tell me what I'm supposed to like about the Usos?

Can you describe any given talent from the WWE without using their name, physical description, or moveset?

Top Bottom