• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
TNT is fucking weird. All the cut up matches, sometimes literally just seconds worth of a match. The Wild Samoans having a cooking segment where they chop the head and tail off of a huge fish, throw it in a pot with a live lobster, and then randomly eat organs and intrails along the way. Cap. Lou coked up and rambling. Tito Santana going to some kid's house then getting interviewed about it. A trip to Dr. D's house where he repeatedly threatens to beat his kids and wife.

I didn't know it had matches it at all. I thought it was just the talk show and vignettes.

bjork

TNT is fucking weird. All the cut up matches, sometimes literally just seconds worth of a match. The Wild Samoans having a cooking segment where they chop the head and tail off of a huge fish, throw it in a pot with a live lobster, and then randomly eat organs and intrails along the way. Cap. Lou coked up and rambling. Tito Santana going to some kid's house then getting interviewed about it. A trip to Dr. D's house where he repeatedly threatens to beat his kids and wife.

I didn't know it had matches it at all. I thought it was just the talk show and vignettes.

TNT is what I think Vince always wanted his show to be. I kind of wish it's what Raw was now. I miss good old TNT.

The true superstar of the year is the one who radically changed the face of the WWE universe in 2014, I am of course talking about Kane who in kayfabe is the reason Daniel Bryan was crippled and the man who elevated Rollins to the top heel as well as ruiner of many a match through outside interference. Hey I never said they had to change things for the better.
Really though it's pretty sad that Bryan comes across as Superstar of the Year based upon the first quarter or so only.

Checking out the match listing for this years best PPV matches set, you can see the decline as the discs progress throughout the year, disc 1 is hype, by the end of the last disc it's filler town.
Also kind of invalidates my christmas purchase of a discounted WM30 blu ray seeing as both Bryan matches are on the set, what is this WM30 worth now aside from watching the shook masses witnessing Taker's defeat?

I thought you got banned soulplaya

Alucard

Banned
Most interesting character in the WWE right now is Rowan.

Big Red
Rubiks Cube
Sheep mask
Okay theme
Strong style
"I don't like bullies."

Sign me up.

kiguel182

I honestly think it's pretty gross to have Mr. T talking about his mother as an "LOL" moment. He seemed lost, rambley, and extremely apologetic for taking so much time. It wasn't funny.

Yeah, I agree.

Sure it was an out of place moment but it seems they are making fun of him since he wasn't joking or being humorous. He was serious and it was an heartfelt speech.

Fox318

Most interesting character in the WWE right now is Rowan.

Big Red
Rubiks Cube
Sheep mask
Okay theme
Strong style
"I don't like bullies."

Sign me up.

Don't forget vintner!!

Nothing gets me pumped up for sports entertainment like an aged pinot noir with a grilled pacific saury and a lovely grated radish dipping sauce.

Man, I wonder who snitched on Soulplaya.

4U5Cjhp.jpg

Well it still features the Rise of Cesaro
And arguably the peak of Cesaro from a booking standpoint.

I thought you got banned soulplaya

Uitdzby.gif

Let's be real here my jobber friend, Soul is actually the Jannety of our big red duo, Wrasslegaf's hostile and insular vibe (as well as hate embracing) understandably broke the man leading to an grandiose exit worthy of 2010 Batista yet I'm still here rising above the Good Guy Glenn hate ready to remind you all that in a few weeks we'll all be saying Kane in 2015
even if deep down I too wish he'd just retire already.

You guys better watch out. He's not banned any more.

Watch out, here he comes!

XXKo0ln.gif

But jeez, when I lurked I always thought his serious love for Kane was kind of a work, but it was a shoot. DM's mom is probably a very nice woman who raised her son well and didn't deserve to be talked about like that.

Let's be real here my jobber friend, Soul is actually the Jannety of our big red duo, Wrasslegaf's hostile and insular vibe (as well as hate embracing) understandably broke the man leading to an grandiose exit worthy of 2010 Batista yet I'm still here rising above the Good Guy Glenn hate ready to remind you all that in a few weeks we'll all be saying Kane in 2015
even if deep down I too wish he'd just retire already.

or3wYwz.gif

strobogo

Banned
Was it a live stream from their office?

Isn't that how the company on a whole treats women?

It's pretty uncomfortable. I'm not sure anything on TNT would air today. Well, except for Sal Bellomo showing off his love for making boats out of pages from WWF Magazine. But I don't know WHY they'd want to air anything like this today. This is the weirdest show, especially since this is right before the full expansion so WWF was still basically a New England promotion that did most of their tapings at tiny gyms and shit with half size rings. And here Vince is doing a weird talk show but the colorful characters aren't really there yet and it still has that weird mid 80s grit to everything.

strobogo

Banned
Yes, it was the JAPW guys/Modtrom Productions.

They..aren't around anymore

Good. They were fucking TERRIBLE. Or at least the one dude running around with a hand held for the whole match. Both matches on NJ World, actually. Dude had a knack for getting the worst shots possible of everything, in addition to getting out of focus, zooming for no reason, and PUTTING HIS FUCKING FINGERS IN THE LENS. I could only imagine you losing your fucking mind at how shitty the camera work was in those matches.

I think they just implied that HBK is fucking the British Bulldog's wife in his locker room. During the PPV. That's some twisted shit.

That the one where he threatens to come kiss everyone?

Yeah. The whole thing was just fucking weird. Not entertaining. Went on way too long. Minus five stars.

Watching the in your house PPV after WM 12.

Fuck man. Early Golddust stuff. The faggot chants.

This is not fun and playful, friends.

The entire Attitude Era crowd is pretty fucking shitty with that stuff. Anyone who looks back on those crowds with nostalgia haven't went back and watched some of that stuff at length. Not to mention King's generally creepy and rapey commentary, the racist and homophobic signs in the crowd.

Golddust was brilliant though, being a sexually ambiguous character during a time where people weren't all that accepting gave him so much reaction and raw ass heat. It's also kinda fun that people go behind him when he turned face though.

Good. They were fucking TERRIBLE. Or at least the one dude running around with a hand held for the whole match. Both matches on NJ World, actually. Dude had a knack for getting the worst shots possible of everything, in addition to getting out of focus, zooming for no reason, and PUTTING HIS FUCKING FINGERS IN THE LENS. I could only imagine you losing your fucking mind at how shitty the camera work was in those matches.

The crazy zooming and such was their thing, as were the super cheap cameras and such.

...Wait, they put that garbage on NJWorld?!

Top Bottom