• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Alucard

Banned
To be fair that ppv is always swept under the rug to NJPW standards. It's pretty much their version of battleground.

That's good to know. There is still a lot of great stuff, but the couple of PPVs I've watched all the way through have had a shit ton of filler. I was told that New Japan generally builds their shows from shittiest to best matches, unlike the WWE's peaks and valleys approach.

RP912

Banned
aSrJrPb.png

And that drop is the moment Daniel Bryan got tombstone onto the ladder....

RP912

Banned
That's good to know. There is still a lot of great stuff, but the couple of PPVs I've watched all the way through have had a shit ton of filler. I was told that New Japan generally builds their shows from shittiest to best matches, unlike the WWE's peaks and valleys approach.

pretty much. I don't mind the filler since WWE made me appreciate mediocre matches again. I was waiting a old wrestling match with nothing but rest holds and was entertained throughout the "borefest". I learn to appreciate filter and fluff from years of bullshit outcomes in WWE matches.

Fox318

And that drop is the moment Daniel Bryan got tombstone onto the ladder....

That's the moment when Stephanie should have been fired as a brand director.

They got a shit TV deal because investors believe the brand is has no buying power and is not attractive to TV networks or ad buyers.

Ithil

The first half of New Japan shows usually has a lot of throwaway tag matches that are just there to get guys on the card. But after the intermission it's pretty much all great matches that are the real deal.

The Tag League finals are just build for the Dome show anyway, they're a bad example.

Wait, Roman Reigns won superstar of the year?

Roman

Fucking

Reigns?

FOR WHAT?!

What the fuck did Roman do all year?!?!?
Got the pin at extreme rules. Tied Kane's record at the rumble. Beat Seth clean.

He hasn't done nothing, but he was nowhere near the top of that list. I don't mind him at all, but that was bullshit.

RP912

Banned
That's the moment when Stephanie should have been fired as a brand director.

They got a shit TV deal because investors believe the brand is has no buying power and is not attractive to TV networks or ad buyers.

man I don't even think Vince gives a fuck no more. They playing it extremely safe and that shit is going to bite them in the ass.

It's one thing to feel like your company is untouchable...and another to sit at the throne while a small farm of people slowly building an army.

Fox318

They need to design an announcers desk that doesn't require them to take the monitors out.

So nice of the heels to care for the top baby face safety.

man I don't even think Vince gives a fuck no more. They playing it extremely safe and that shit is going to bite them in the ass.

It's one thing to feel like your company is untouchable...and another to sit at the throne while a small farm of people slowly building an army.
But remember Vince isn't harming the product as much as Mizdow. Or something.

They need to design an announcers desk that doesn't require them to take the monitors out.

So nice of the heels to care for the top baby face safety.

They need to get rid of those unwieldy block monitors. They can't get some flat screen's on that table that wouldn't hurt nearly as much if a guy gets dropped on them?

Nameless

It's a stupid kayfabe award. But I'd be legit pissed it I was Rollins. He's easily been the SOTY. Not even close really.

Top Bottom