• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Heyman.
No full-on Cena promo.
Jericho buried.
Mizdow turn teased.
Cena buried HARD.
Multiple Germans.

...There was a decent raw in there somewhere, yet it felt absolutely unwatchable. The magic of WWE.

Alucard

Banned
Who is that? People kept calling out different names around then.

The guy with the colourful hair doing the suicide dive closest to the camera here.
DecadeDT.gif

You can watch Jimmy Jacobs, and other exciting professional wrestlers, at http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current. Tune in every Friday for 50 minutes of great independent wrestling action, fans!

Heyman.
No full-on Cena promo.
Jericho buried.
Mizdow turn teased.
Cena buried HARD.
Multiple Germans.

...There was a decent raw in there somewhere, yet it felt absolutely unwatchable. The magic of WWE.

That's a pretty good one hour show there, the problem is Raw is over three hours

Fox318

To be honest that's what those guys should be for. Get buried, put over the new blood, get a cheap pop in certain states. Maybe do a quick personal feud if the other old guy hasn't got anything to do atm and is still a good earner.
I agree but then they call him back again for something stupid.

Seth is the only one that manages to come out ok from the younger guys and that a only because he works safe with cena.

Mahonay

Banned
I'll watch the last match tomorrow. Hooray for not bothering to sit through the show tonight. Just wait and hear if there are any segments worth watching is the way I'm going now.

An update from some earlier newz

WrestlingINC said:
We noted earlier via Bryan Alvarez of F4Wonline.com that people working in WWE's merchandise department were told not to produce any new merchandise for Brock Lesnar and if they did have any earmarked for Lesnar, to produce it for Sheamus. This added to the belief that Lesnar would be leaving after WrestleMania 31.

A WWE spokesperson contacted us tonight and responded to the report on Lesnar: "There is no truth to this report."

I agree but then they call him back again for something stupid.

Seth is the only one that manages to come out ok from the younger guys and that a only because he works safe with cena.

Oh absolutely, the feuds Jericho has had in the last year or two seem really uninspired and just suck all the attention out of the guy he is meant to be pumping up. Unless they can pimp a good angle that is fun and playful for the audience in the short term the crowd will become bored with both of them.

Short and fast putting over is good. The Rock and Rusev thing worked great, Rusev gets the rub without diluting The Rock and it only took a few minutes of their time.

Add in the time plugging toys, a reality show, and a Flintstones dvd
"Wrasslin is what my dad did"

:(

Zach

I have seen The Ascension, oh, three times. They're really bad. That being said, this outrageous look is just crazy enough to kinda work. I mean, having a weird, Demolition-esque (who I also did not like) tag team on the roster sounds good to me just because the tag team scene suuucks.

Worst part of raw is commercials during matches. Learn to pace a show

Yeah instantly kills the tension and attention in the match for the home viewer. You have no idea if something important happened and more importantly you are then removed from the captive mindset you had before being bombarded with fast food and shitty tv shows.
Just run more ads during the down time. Although you are kinda hamstrung by the format you are in, which sucks but at least minimise the amount of them.

Fox318

Yeah instantly kills the tension and attention in the match for the home viewer. You have no idea if something important happened and more importantly you are then removed from the captive mindset you had before being bombarded with fast food and shitty tv shows.
Just run more ads during the down time. Although you are kinda hamstrung by the format you are in, which sucks but at least minimise the amount of them.
Problem is Vince hates wrestling matches. All of the shilling and reminding people that he won the Monday night war is what matters to him.

Top Bottom