• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Recall

That HBK feud was just glorious.

29259682.gif

sweetchinmusictoChrisJericho.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
After one week of studying Japanese, I can now safely watch Wrestle Kingdom 9 on NJPW World, as long as all they say is "hello/goodbye", "my/your name is ...", "I'm from [country]/I am an [nationality]" (please don't be from anywhere besides Japan, America or Holland), "Where is that/it's here/it's there", "At my/your place", "I speak/I Understand ... (well)", "I'm going to eat/drink (something)", "that is so/is that so?" and they speak at about a quarter of their regular speed.

So yeah, I'm good to go.

Hasney

After one week of studying Japanese, I can now safely watch Wrestle Kingdom 9 on NJPW World, as long as all they say is "hello/goodbye", "my/your name is ...", "I'm from [country]/I am an [nationality]" (please don't be from anywhere besides Japan, America or Holland), "Where is that/it's here/it's there", "At my/your place", "I speak/I Understand ... (well)", "I'm going to eat/drink (something)", "that is so/is that so?" and they speak at about a quarter of their regular speed.

So yeah, I'm good to go.

Man, if they cater to you, there should be some hot promos on that show.

HELLO. I AM SUZUKI AND I'M GOING TO EAT MY OPPONENT AT MY PLACE: TOKYO DOME

Opponent: IS THAT SO? GOODBYE

Xater

So yeah, I'm good to go.

I have three semesters of Japanese under my belt and let me tell you it's still too much for me.

Striker

That HBK feud was just glorious.
That feud + the heel Jericho persona he had at the time between 2008-2010 was the best character they've had in the past nine or ten years. Great heel work. Edge was really good also until they decided to over-do the Vickie Guerrero stuff. Talking primarily his feuds with Mick Foley, Undertaker, and Cena.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have three semesters of Japanese under my belt and let me tell you it's still too much for me.

Doesn't help that they have so many different meanings to everything either. I've learned Sukoshi to mean "a little" and then Arino keeps using it in a "But/However" context at the start of a sentence in Game Center CX and it's pissing me off. :D

Hasney

That feud + the heel Jericho persona he had at the time between 2008-2010 was the best character they've had in the past nine or ten years. Great heel work. Edge was really good also until they decided to over-do the Vickie Guerrero stuff. Talking primarily his feuds with Mick Foley, Undertaker, and Cena.

Yup, Edge was the man as well. It's a shame he got that injury, because he didn't have a great run after that after his feud with Suit Jericho. Still fun moments, just not as brilliant as he had been.

Xater

Doesn't help that they have so many different meanings to everything either. I've learned Sukoshi to mean "a little" and then Arino keeps using it in a "But/However" context at the start of a sentence in Game Center CX and it's pissing me off. :D

That's the issue with a language which has so few different sounds. Lots of it is context and the writing (Kanji).

Hasney

Who the fuck is just letting a child use a computer and webcam unsupervised? He has to to be put up to it or just have scumbag parents.

Man, if they cater to you, there should be some hot promos on that show.

HELLO. I AM SUZUKI AND I'M GOING TO EAT MY OPPONENT AT MY PLACE: TOKYO DOME

Opponent: IS THAT SO? GOODBYE

I was going to joke about how that promo is still better than anything in WWE, but then I realised I wouldn't be joking.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I thought it was funny in Bret's interview about Triple H he says 'I kinda like Paul now'

like that's the farthest you can get with Bret. That he 'kinda' likes you.

Hasney

Alucard

Banned
I was asking because I remember all of the excitement in here for New Day. Yay for something fresh. No pressure, no diamonds, etc.

But yeah, I'm sure many could've told you the gimmick was dead in the water.

Top Bottom