• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Like... I think Roman Reigns is a cool dude who has the potential to be "the guy" but the way WWE are pushing him will just turn people away from him.

Same out of touch shit as Batista last year but they dont have a easy fix like Bryan.

Mania is going to suck and there is nothing that anyone can do to tix it.

Ithil

Mania was looking horrendous this time last year, and turned out great, but I don't see the same miracle of circumstance changing the card for the better like last time.

jred2k

After one week of studying Japanese, I can now safely watch Wrestle Kingdom 9 on NJPW World, as long as all they say is "hello/goodbye", "my/your name is ...", "I'm from [country]/I am an [nationality]" (please don't be from anywhere besides Japan, America or Holland), "Where is that/it's here/it's there", "At my/your place", "I speak/I Understand ... (well)", "I'm going to eat/drink (something)", "that is so/is that so?" and they speak at about a quarter of their regular speed.

So yeah, I'm good to go.

There are only three words you need to know to enjoy Japanese commentary.

VERY

BREAKY

BISHI

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
These late WCW PPVs are hard to get through whenever Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell, Ric Flair, or Vince Russo isn't on screen.

jmdajr

Tonight guys!!!!!!!'

20141215_SuperSmackdown_Roman_LARGE_L.jpg

Sephzilla

Like... I think Roman Reigns is a cool dude who has the potential to be "the guy" but the way WWE are pushing him will just turn people away from him.

Same out of touch shit as Batista last year but they dont have a easy fix like Bryan.

100% this. I don't hate Roman by any stretch but I just wish they'd let him grow as a talent more naturally instead of making the same mistake they made with Batista.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not watching WWE has really put me out of the loop, I thought they stopped doing Live Smackdowns a year ago when ratings were abysmal for them?

And that was back when Smackdown was somewhat enjoyable.

Mania was looking horrendous this time last year, and turned out great, but I don't see the same miracle of circumstance changing the card for the better like last time.

A tragic accident during a press tour temporarily injures all the main roster and NXT have to step up to fill the void!

IT COULD HAPPEN.

Not watching WWE has really put me out of the loop, I thought they stopped doing Live Smackdowns a year ago when ratings were abysmal for them?

This is on USA. Are they normally on USA? Anyway, I'm doing my bit. I skipped RAW last night and I'm watching Smackdown tonight.

"IT'S THE A SHOW MAGGLE!"

Smackdown was better than RAW more often than not through the whole brand split era. I was happy when the split ended because of what it did to PPVs, but it hasn't been good for Smackdown, and RAW is dealing with it's own 3 hour long issues.

jred2k

It's "WWE Week" on USA Network. They're doing the live Smackdown tonight and airing Tribute to the Troops Wednesday. This is all capped off by the broadcast premiere of Jingle All the Way 2 on Sunday.

That means you can expect Data West's review of JAtW2 early Monday morning.

RP912

Banned
2014 - So much promise but in the end same old crap.

Man........man.

2014 reminds me of 2011 when it came down to wrestling. WWE was so close but decided to fall backwards on it's ass....

The network was suppose to be amazing with nonstop hours of pure wrestling entertainment, but ends up crashing on it's face with empty promises and half of the world not being exposed to it. Wrestlemania was suppose to be a new age for younger talent, but that shit was laughable at best. Nonstop garbage ppvs, burials, and stupid ideas. It's a shame because it's not like I hate the company, but it's driving me away slowly and surely.

Their synced double jump is amazing. I think they're quickly becoming my new favourite goons, better than Patterson and Brisco.

They're two guys I've long loved. Jamie was always hilarious, but I didn't realize how funny Mercury could be. I'm so happy that he's clean and healthy, and this seems like a great role for him.

Their slow rise back to a featured spot on TV has definitely been deserved.

That GIF is brilliant. When I tell people I watch wrestling because it's funny, that's the sort of thing I'm talking about. They think I'm talking about John Cena saying 'poopy' which obviously I'm not.

It's reactions like that. It's reactions like Hunter pretending to fall asleep on the turn buckle.

RP912

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;143551831 said:
on the other hand, 2014 has allowed a number of small promotions to truly blossom~

even if it ended with the big bang on tna

Whats crazy about TNA is the fact that it didn't went out of business, yet it showed the traits like wrestlers leaving, cutting back on ppvs, Spike tv putting Cops over, and that horrible Bound For Glory ppv without any advertisement at all. The company was carried by Muta for crying out loud. Hopefully next year the company will get back to the basics.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jingle All The Way 2 has no Sinbad, no Arnold, no Hartman, no Turbo Man, no Big Show(?) and not even a Santa With Muscles

why would I ever watch it?

Gonzalez

Banned
Jingle All The Way 2 has no Sinbad, no Arnold, no Hartman, no Turbo Man, no Big Show(?) and not even a Santa With Muscles

why would I ever watch it?

They couldn't even get Jake Lloyd to crawl out of the fucking hole he's been in for 15 years.

What a waste of a universe.

Cagey

Banned

What is an actual plausible Wrestlemania headline match for the championship that would satisfy people here? Roman Reigns, sower of salt in the fields of WrassleGAF, goes down tomorrow a torn boob. Out for half a year.

Keep in mind Seth has the briefcase, Lesnar is under contract and has the belt, Cena still exists, and Ziggler/Cesaro/Ambrose/etc. are not on Headline Wrestlemania level nor are going to be seen on that level.

Browny

Banned
What is an actual plausible Wrestlemania headline match for the championship that would satisfy people here?

8 months ago, I would have sold my left nut to see Cesaro vs Lesnar at WM 31. Now? They have almost nothing. Reigns isn't ready, Bryan's injured, people are tired of Cena. I can see one potential choice, which is Orton vs Lesnar (in fact, that could be rather tasty).

Mahonay

Banned
What is an actual plausible Wrestlemania headline match for the championship that would satisfy people here? Roman Reigns, sower of salt in the fields of WrassleGAF, goes down tomorrow a torn boob. Out for half a year.

Keep in mind Seth has the briefcase, Lesnar is under contract and has the belt, Cena still exists, and Ziggler/Cesaro/Ambrose/etc. are not on Headline Wrestlemania level nor are going to be seen on that level.
Funny part about that is that Ambrose is way ahead of Roman when it comes to being a main eventer that is really over with the audience.

THE ROMAN EMPIRE MAGGLE.

Mahonay

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;143555251 said:
meltzerz is on the steve austin show today!

I'm gunna give me a listen....but not before havin' some alpha brain so I can follow along with the uhhhhss and ummsss.
Do you know day does Steve records his podcasts?

njean777

Watched Raw, wasn't horrible, but then again I watch the Hulu cuts and skip through boring stuff (happens to be most of it). Brock came back which was cool, and Roman wasn't terrible, but I agree that he shouldn't be pushed to the moon already. Ambrose and Seth are far better on the mic and in the ring. So yeah, Royal Rumble seems like it may be ok, but this Cena shit has to end.

I wish Randy would come back and they actually have a entertaining storyline with him, he was hot when he left, but now that the Authority is gone I do not see where they are going to go with him.

Does it say more about randy orton or the wwe product that a lot of people actually talk about how much they miss him?

I really like orton, btw, just used to people wishing he were gone :$

Bowser

Watched Raw, wasn't horrible, but then again I watch the Hulu cuts and skip through boring stuff (happens to be most of it). Brock came back which was cool, and Roman wasn't terrible, but I agree that he shouldn't be pushed to the moon already. Ambrose and Seth are far better on the mic and in the ring. So yeah, Royal Rumble seems like it may be ok, but this Cena shit has to end.

I wish Randy would come back and they actually have a entertaining storyline with him, he was hot when he left, but now that the Authority is gone I do not see where they are going to go with him.

I think Randy's going to come down the Fast Lane(tm) after Kane before setting his sights on Rollins on the Road to WrestleMania(tm)

If I had to guess, they'll hold off on Randy returning and have him come back as a "surprise" entrant in the Rumble. Eliminates Kane and Rollins.

Hasney

¡HarlequinPanic!;143556139 said:
Does it say more about randy orton or the wwe product that a lot of people actually talk about how much they miss him?

I really like orton, btw, just used to people wishing he were gone :$

He really hit a new level with his promos just before he left and he's been less restholdy. Face Orton almost completely eliminates rest holds, so I think he'll be a rare bright spot once he's back.

EDIT: Yeah, shit, Kane. Well who cares when Randy comes back since that'll likely be his first feud?

Mahonay

Banned
He really hit a new level with his promos just before he left and he's been less restholdy. Face Orton almost completely eliminates rest holds, so I think he'll be a rare bright spot once he's back.

EDIT: Yeah, shit, Kane. Well who cares when Randy comes back since that'll likely be his first feud?
If WWE actually thinks Kane is still someone to be putting your top talent in feuds with...fuck.

They seem to be using him as a safe jobber at the moment. If he wasn't being written into story lines as someone who interferes every fucking time they don't know how to end a match I wouldn't loathe him so much at the moment.

¡HarlequinPanic!;143556943 said:
meltzerz is filling in for another interview that fell through so I think this was recorded between TLC and now
Fucking awesome. That's what I wanted to hear them talk about. Please tear it apart...

Top Bottom