• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Best shoot interview of all time. Of all time. We finally got to peer into the mind of Vince McMahon, and now everything makes perfect sense.

Sephzilla

Vince is apparently really down on the current roster though. Which sucks because this is probably the most talented roster in a decade.

I loved Vince's reaction when Steve suggested people hit him up on Twitter, his expression was like "I haven't used that shit for a minute in my life."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What was better Cabana/Punk podcast or Austin/McMahon podcast?

Austin's a far better interviewer. It's like asking who would win - just Punk or Austin AND McMahon together.

A glimpse into what makes Vince Vince is fascinating, moreso than dirt and staph infections.

Fox318

"I own the network so we going over"

"Pro wrestling is what my dad did"

"Macho Man will be in the HOF"

"I always had an ace in the hole, something in my back pocket. WCW just put everything out there and when they ran out of ideas they tried to redo everything"

Austin's a far better interviewer. It's like asking who would win - just Punk or Austin AND McMahon together.

A glimpse into what makes Vince Vince is fascinating, moreso than dirt and staph infections.

I do find it hilarious how little traction that Punk story gained, mostly because they decided to release it on a holiday and now you add that with this McMahon podcast and people have already moved on.

I felt so bad for Cesaro hearing Vince say he doesn't have it. How shitty must that be hearing that come from Vince's out-of-touch mouth? He can either let that bring him down or use that as a motivator to up his game and prove Vince wrong. I hope it's the latter as I honestly feel Cesaro has it but he just needs an opportunity to shine, just like how Stone Cold talks about how he started with the shitty Ringmaster gimmick but started to shine when give the chance.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I felt so bad for Cesaro hearing Vince say he doesn't have it. How shitty must that be hearing that come from Vince's out-of-touch mouth? He can either let that bring him down or use that as a motivator to up his game and prove Vince wrong. I hope it's the latter as I honestly feel Cesaro has it but he just needs an opportunity to shine, just like how Stone Cold talks about how he started with the shitty Ringmaster gimmick but started to shine when give the chance.

Is Cesaro a millenial? If so he won't do shit. If he's older he'll buckle down and be all he can be.

Big One

Banned
But he's right though. As a promo guy Cesaro just sucks. He needs to have that promo or gimmick to get him over.

Anth0ny

legit shook at how good that was. I was expecting complete shit.

I wonder if this will lead to more out of kayfabe content on the network. More podcasts like that, or stuff like match commentary (like Austin did on his podcast) would probably get me to subscribe to the network.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly I can understand where Vince is coming from with Cesaro - there IS a missing piece. Everything else is right there, but once Cesaro nails it down - truly nails it down, not just some indie shit of him dancing, and it fits his character perfect, he'll be a top dude.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
But he's right though. As a promo guy Cesaro just sucks. He needs to have that promo or gimmick to get him over.

Maybe if they let he cut a baby face promo he might actually work? He's kinda been heel the entire time he's been main roster.

Just saying...

i missed alot of that interview but just imagine the promo package they can put together for Punk vs Austin or Punk vs HHH Main Event Wrestlemania match just based on this week

Man God

Non-Canon Member
he sad cesaro couldn't get over because "he's swiss? i dunno" and said the entire roster outside of cena lacks ambition

He said that Cesaro is lacking charisma specifically on the mic. Which is true. He has a hard time connecting with the audience in promos. Also true. He said that was the one area holding him back from being big.

The real argument to be made isn't that really. It's why he doesn't have Rollins or Reigns spot in the company as they are also both awful talkers.

I think Vince thinks he's too old and too foreign.

Fox318

That was what Punk did. He worked angry all of the time.

"Fuck you I'm the best."
"Fuck you pay me"
"Fuck you I can prove my worth and then some"
"Fuck you the belt should be on my waist"

legit shook at how good that was. I was expecting complete shit.

I wonder if this will lead to more out of kayfabe content on the network. More podcasts like that, or stuff like match commentary (like Austin did on his podcast) would probably get me to subscribe to the network.

man Austin's match commentary stuff was great, would pay 9.99 for more

Austin saving the WWE again

Some guys don't need that shit. Goldberg was over like a motherfucker with no character and was the WCW World Champion without saying a goddamn word. He seriously had never spoken on the mic before he won the title and everybody and their mother were wearing Goldberg shirts.

Cesaro was over as fuck at WM30. The Giant Swing had reached People's Elbow levels of hype. And they squandered it. It's not because he doesn't have it or because he's Swiss or because he's a millennial. End of story.

Vylash

he was over as fuck and connected with the crowd with his ability in the ring, not to mention he had 2 good mouthpieces with him, he had the tools, he was already there, and they crushed him anyway

Big One

Banned
Bryan was never a promo guy (grant it, I'd say Cesaro is far worse) but still, he got over with his ring work.
I disagree, Bryan is able to cut promos and get the audience to pop at things he says. That right there makes him a promo guy, even if we argue about great talkers in the business at the end of the day if you get the audience to get behind you on the things you say, you're doing something right. Bryan had the YES gimmick as well, and Cesaro had the King of Swing gimmick but that's move-based rather than a catchphrase or something the audience could really connect with or relate to.

I honestly don't think his promo is all that bad. I think it's more the shitty scripting more than anything else. Every time I see Cesaro improvise, he's pretty funny. They just need to let guys be themselves more. But of course that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Austin is a way better interviewer.

Punk went on Cabana's podcast because he knew the host and he knew he could control the message.

Colt's podcast wasn't an interview, brehs, it was Punk putting his side of what happened out there. Colt interjected every so often, but Punk was mostly just telling a linear story.

Both podcasts were great and together make the most interesting thing related to the WWE since Punk's "shoot" in 2011.

v0yce

Just have to echo, that was a great watch.

Stone Cold brought it from the jump. No foreplay or nothing. I enjoy his podcast but had prepared myself for this one pretty vanilla being on the network, but it was a great interview.

I can only hope this gets Vince to a least pause a bit and reevaluate the product outside of ratings numbers and merch sales.

Top Bottom