• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
1jvb9QJ.gif

He was over as fuck. OVER AS FUCK.

They booked him to shit the very next night. Cesaro didn't/doesn't need to be a promo guy. He tells a story in the ring better than anyone else in WWE right now.

I was saying this before mania

everyone got a heyman boner when cesaro turned heel and they put the two together. I saw what a horrible an idea it was then and now everyone tryna play it off like they didn't see this coming.

should have built a solid 3/4 month summer program between him and swagger

cesaro doesn't really need a gimmick or much mic skills as long as he has really good entrance music and a taunt of his own in ring.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was saying this before mania

everyone got a heyman boner when cesaro turned heel and they put the two together. I saw what a horrible an idea it was then and now everyone tryna play it off now.

should have built a solid 3/4 month summer program between him and swagger

cesaro doesn't really need a gimmick or much mic skills as long as he has really good entrance music and a taunt of his own in ring.

Real talk, Heyman has been the kiss of death ever since he came back to everyone, save Lesnar.

Vince already showing how out of touch he is.
"Millenials are not as ambitious as the attitude era was"

He sounds like a crazy old man.

Sorry that's bullshit. IT's that the guys nowadays have a much lower ceiling and it's called Triple H and John Cena. As long as those guys are constantly around nobody new has a chance to get to the top.

And? Vince doesn't think ring work is enough. He needs personality and promos for him to believe you can be an actual star. Cesaro can be a big star in New Japan if he wants, but WWE has their standard and that's what it is. Unfortunate, but that's what it is.

Everyone keeps saying this but they're trying to set Roman Reigns up as the "next guy." Cesaro does literally everything better than him, including talking, except doesn't have a pretty boy look, and wasn't brought up through their system. No matter what Vince says, ultimately it comes down to who THEIR pick is, not whatever the worker can actually do. In a perfect world, Cesaro would be pushed in a way that hid his weaknesses, even if he never became the guy. He's still a tremendous talent that can feud with anyone. They can't even do that much, instead they chopped his legs off every time he started to build a bit of momentum.

strobogo

Banned
Cesaro is a fine talker. Not great. But certainly passable. In the ring he's incredible. He has that physical charisma that is better than talking charisma. He was the second or third most over guy going into/coming out of WM. Then they stalled him out and made him look bad, and now he's lacking in the intensity and fire he had at the start of the year because it is clear no one in the back supports him.

No top guy has all the qualities. They're always deficient in something. That's why you pair them up with someone who has what the other is missing and make a complete package for a feud.

gurudyne

I felt so bad for Cesaro hearing Vince say he doesn't have it. How shitty must that be hearing that come from Vince's out-of-touch mouth? He can either let that bring him down or use that as a motivator to up his game and prove Vince wrong. I hope it's the latter as I honestly feel Cesaro has it but he just needs an opportunity to shine, just like how Stone Cold talks about how he started with the shitty Ringmaster gimmick but started to shine when give the chance.

Vince seems to have that opinion for nearly everyone that works for him after three weeks when the new-push shine wears off. One consistent story that comes from backstage is proving your worth to Vince by fighting with him for a chance (respectfully apparently) or taking something creative gives you and really knocking it out of the park.

Huge problem there is it doesn't always work. Titus got assertive, demanded a push from Vince, turned heel but couldn't do anything with it. Now he's the second man in the new Three Two Man Band. Bray kicked ass with his gimmick for a year, but it ultimately went nowhere (as having no set goal will do) and he ended up spinning his tires into a Cena loss he's yet to recover from.

Who would you say is on the Rumble win list?

Reigns
Bryan
Cena
Rollins
Ziggler??

Is it really crazy to put Cesaro on that list?

It's crazy to put Ziggler on that list. Dude did well at SS, but he's not main eventing anything on the road to WM.

So we're getting a team team storyline that involves Miz wanting to sleep with an Uso's wife because of how she twerks.

Yep.
Hey, if you don't want guys complementing your wife's twerking skills, maybe she shouldn't be twerking. Control your woman, right Strobogo?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cesaro is a fine talker. Not great. But certainly passable. In the ring he's incredible. He has that physical charisma that is better than talking charisma. He was the second or third most over guy going into/coming out of WM. Then they stalled him out and made him look bad, and now he's lacking in the intensity and fire he had at the start of the year because it is clear no one in the back supports him.

No top guy has all the qualities. They're always deficient in something. That's why you pair them up with someone who has what the other is missing and make a complete package for a feud.

SCSA is the closest thing we'll ever come to the complete package. Angle was close as well.

Yeah. People talkin like he's Axel-tier on the mic

simplythebest
Banned
(Today, 05:34 PM)

w3EuaNr.gif

Truly, a new day

iKvhLcaqMm8wv.gif

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Real question here:

If Ricky Steamboat was heel, would he have been considered to not have "it"?

I'm just saying that alignment does matter when building a star. Sometimes someone is just too good to be boo'd, other times they just aren't cut out to be cheered.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just because the product we watch is, doesn't mean we are/have to be.
I, as a Junior Member, have learned a valuable life lesson this evening.

That reminds me, welcome - saw your intro post and you post like you're someone's alt - you'll fit in well here pal!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Orton and Lesnar could be fun.

The hilarious thing about Punk is that he basically never had a main event feud with Orton. That could have been incredible.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You don't fucking give someone a grand spot at a WM like lifting the fuck out of a huge fat guy and tossing him out of the ring to the adulation of the crowd only to fucking turn him heel.

gurudyne

Real talk, Heyman has been the kiss of death ever since he came back to everyone, save Lesnar.

Yeah, shine's totally off of that apple, but it's so frustrating because there was potential there. Heyman's mic work is god like. I really wonder how things would have played out if he'd devoted time to building Cesaro rather than using him as a tool to praise Lesnar for three months.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You don't fucking give someone a grand spot at a WM like lifting the fuck out of a huge fat guy and tossing him out of the ring to the adulation of the crowd only to fucking turn him heel.

Yeah, shine's totally off of that apple, but it's so frustrating because there was potential there. Heyman's mic work is god like. I really wonder how things would have played out if he'd devoted time to building Cesaro rather than using him as a tool to praise Lesnar for three months.

I can't figure it out but Heyman isn't doing anything WRONG, I don't think. It just...maybe he's spread too thin.

The truth is any opponent for Lesnar at Mania that's not Bryan is an absolute let down. WrestleMania XXXI is doomed from the start. Sell your shares, cancel your subs, etc.

The roster lacks ambition, please explain Zack Ryder. Ryder is nowhere near a complete product but he was full of ambition, and punished for it.

I can't figure it out but Heyman isn't doing anything WRONG, I don't think. It just...maybe he's spread too thin.

brock is the problem. evryone else is a pawn while brock is the king. they all look bad in compariosn. dude would be more effective if he wasnt attached to brock and can be Paul E Dangerouly with a New dangerious alliance.

I don't think steve bought half the shit vince said. his tone, all the groans. I'm glad he didn't prod too hard. I would rather have a conversation than an interrogation.

Top Bottom