• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

somedevil

I'm hoping there's a reason to get back into it come Rumble but going by this community it does not look good.

I saw Bryan's interview segment with Renee and the online thing with Cole this past week and it's weird how they're addressing his return.

He is physically fine. The problem is he just need to get full strength back in his arm and he will be back quickly. He has gotten some of it back but he needs it all to return. So the big question is when will that happen?

He wants to work Wrestlemania so he doesn't show up at the Rumble then it isn't going to happen.

He is physically fine. The problem is he just need to get full strength back in his arm and he will be back quickly. He has gotten some of it back but he needs it all to return. So the big question is when will that happen?

He wants to work Wrestlemania so he doesn't show up at the Rumble then it isn't going to happen.

My worry for him is how fragile his neck might be. Is it something that will immediately be reinjured coming back. And is he willing to change his style in the ring to protect himself better.

I know this isn't the place to discuss, but if I'm honest... outside of people I work with and my wife, this the only other social interaction I have - the internet and online gaming. Yes, I'm that person.

Hey I'm basically the same, I wouldn't worry too much. As long as you're happy and content it's fine.

At the very least, he will be at Mania to open the show with a fucking yes chant which will be more depressing than festive.

Such a shame that we might never get Brock/Bryan. Especially at Mania.

Big One

Banned
If they want Bryan to be in the Rumble but still have Reigns go over, imo what they need to do is bring back Batista. Have Batista enter the Rumble and eliminate Bryan who's been in the Rumble for like 40 minutes. Have the final two be Batista and Reigns like last year, and have Reigns go over. Then you could do a retirement match at Wrestlemania between Batista and Bryan and bill it as one of your main events.

Also book Bryan vs. Lesnar at Fastlane for the belt (rematch clause, right?). Bryan ALMOST goes over, but Batista interferes and Lesnar gets the pin.

But instead WWE will probably mess it up by doing something completely stupid that causes Reigns to get booed out of the building.

Ziggler seems to be in the Bryan position this year. It'll be interesting to see how that unfolds.

Here is how it unfolds:

KgWASR7.gif

Meanwhile:

rFaVJp9.gif

When inevitably BITCH guy gets booed:

5aFZHyV.gif

He really should call it TUCK YO HEAD and scream TUCK YO HEAD before performing it to remind the other wrestlers.

Or rename it The Real Neckbreaker and go for maximum heel heat.

He didn't know about all the locked off content in the X1 edition. Poor Roman :(

You don't tuck your head...

jred2k

I wish they saved the Mizdow eliminating himself spot for the Rumble. I guess with it being on Smackdown it's like it never happened.

Fox318

No selling required, WWE know after their last match that the fans want to see Bork really smash Cena!

Sorry, I was making a distasteful joke based on my shock that it keeps happening.

Except there is no way he is resigning with WWE.

• Too expensive
  • Not enough of a draw
  • Wrestles too few matches

Unless all of these things are proven false or change he isn't coming back.

No selling required, WWE know after their last match that the fans want to see Bork really smash Cena!

Sorry, I was making a distasteful joke based on my shock that it keeps happening.

Ah. It does suck that guys keep doing it but then again I have no idea how I would react in that exact position. It's an unusual move for sure. But he has been doing it forever. So there's that.

somedevil

If they want Bryan to be in the Rumble but still have Reigns go over, imo what they need to do is bring back Batista. Have Batista enter the Rumble and eliminate Bryan who's been in the Rumble for like 40 minutes. Have the final two be Batista and Reigns like last year, and have Reigns go over. Then you could do a retirement match at Wrestlemania between Batista and Bryan and bill it as one of your main events.

Also book Bryan vs. Lesnar at Fastlane for the belt (rematch clause, right?). Bryan ALMOST goes over, but Batista interferes and Lesnar gets the pin.

But instead WWE will probably mess it up by doing something completely stupid that causes Reigns to get booed out of the building.

Doubt Batista is going to show up. If they don't want another incident its quite simple. Don't let Reigns eliminate him. Leave up to some heel like Rusev to do it.

Bryan and Lesnar is scary because I don't think him taking all those Germans will be good for his neck.

Plus with all the Reigns stuff he is not anywhere close to what Batista was getting. You can't judge anything on him till he comes back in late December leading to the rumble.

Fox318

I think most people agree or know that Batista earned such a bad rap from the Company fucking up his return and fucking him over with the rumble win.

They thought he was gonna be a baby face... when in the fans eyes he robbed Bryan of his chance.

strobogo

Banned
The only one who fucked up Batista was Batista. Coming back with that bizarre pumped up face and weird body and dying 2 minutes into any action in a match.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
As someone who wasnt here last year . How over was Bryan and how is ziggler compared to that?
Bryan was super over.

Bryan was more over than Zigggy for sure, but that was because he was a huge focus for summerslam, and many still held out hope for it being a slow burn.

That being said, Ziggler is still over enough for there to be potential of a repeat of last year, especially because of the rumble being in Philly.

TheBear

I think most people agree or know that Batista earned such a bad rap from the Company fucking up his return and fucking him over with the rumble win.

They thought he was gonna be a baby face... when in the fans eyes he robbed Bryan of his chance.

It was hilarious listening to Batista on Jericho's podcast about being butthurt over the fans going crazy for DBry

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My opinion on the Styles Clash.

1. It's not AJ's fault, people are flinching and the way to take the move goes against instinct.

2. It's a dumb move anyways.

3. Like the many people who were injured in WCW/WWF in the mid 90's doing the tombstone piledriver reversal spot sometimes you just have got to get rid of a move that most of the time can be done perfectly fine but when it does go wrong leads to BROKEN NECKS. I say this as a person whose favorite spot in all of wrestling is that sweet, sweet tombstone reversal.

• Too expensive
  • Not enough of a draw

Yeah I don't see him coming back, he doesn't need WWE and they can't pony up enough to make another year worthwhile.

Ah. It does suck that guys keep doing it but then again I have no idea how I would react in that exact position. It's an unusual move for sure. But he has been doing it forever. So there's that.

It's really odd that it keeps happening lately. Something has to be done one way or another, getting silly at this point.

Him botching it on Kojima doesn't mean much, he just should've done his big man version and he would've been fine.

I'm still of the opinion he should use something else, even if that runs counter to what the Young Bucks think :p He has tons of moves.

Fox318

Shouldn't the business need to be reworked if you are depending on merch to be as important as it is to WWE?

• Too expensive
  • Not enough of a draw

I think it all comes down to how much he really wants to step into an MMA ring again. Even if it's taking a smaller pay day I think he resigns with the WWE if his heart isn't in MMA, Brock doesn't seem the type to spend (or need) stupid amounts of money but he'll certainly take it if it's being offered. He's only going to fight MMA again if he wants to fight MMA I'd wager.

I'm not 100% sure that he does. I mean maybe to try to underline that he wasn't healthy for his last few fights, but that's only any good if he comes back and dominates, and that's far from guaranteed. As it is a lot of people give his health the benefit of the doubt over those losses... well, that and knowing that Overeem was a cheating fuck.

Omega

Banned
As someone who wasnt here last year . How over was Bryan and how is ziggler compared to that?

Not even close.

Everyone knows this Ziggler "push" ends with nothing just like the last 20. I mean shit, dude eliminates almost the entire Team Authority himself but he's nowhere on the cover. Sting, a relic from the stone age who appeared for 5 minutes is.

Anyone that thinks this push doesn't end with an IC title belt (which means endless losing non-title matches) doesn't have a functional brain.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Not even close.

Everyone knows this Ziggler "push" ends with nothing just like the last 20. I mean shit, dude eliminates almost the entire Team Authority himself but he's nowhere on the cover. Sting, a relic from the stone age who appeared for 5 minutes is.

Anyone that thinks this push doesn't end with an IC title belt (which means endless losing non-title matches) doesn't have a functional brain.
You do realize that in this last IC run Ziggler won every non-title match, right?

I'm not even joking, look it up.

Edit: My bad, he actually lost 8 non title matches out of a 3 month run.

But when you consider how many shows they run(raw, smack down, main event), and how many matches he's had(a lot), and how normal IC runs are, he came off really strong.

Alucard

Banned
I'm watching the ROH 9th Anniversary Show from just 3 years ago, and the production values between then and now are like night and day. They now have very good HD video. They have better lighting. Their ring looks better. Their graphics and sound are better. Sure, they still have a long way to go, but they're much further along than we often give them credit for.

With that in mind, only one week to go until Final Battle 2014...
Briscoe-vs.-Cole_ROH-Final-Battle-2014.jpg

Getting pumped.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

Best of WWE 2014 Part 3

• Daniel Bryan vs HHH Wrestlemania 30
  • Bray Wyatt vs John Cena Wrestlemania 30
  • Randy Orton vs Batista vs Daniel Bryan WWE World Heavyweight Championship Wrestlemania 30
  • Dolph Ziggler vs Bad News Barrett Raw 4/17/14
  • Evolution vs Shield Extreme Rules 2014
  • Cesaro vs Sheamus WWE US Championship Raw 5/19/14
  • Tyler Breeze vs Sami Zayn NXT Takeover 5/29/14
  • Charlotte vs Natayla NXT Women's Championship NXT Takeover 5/29/14

I really, really, really don't think anything is going to touch Bryan vs HHH. For sure the best so far. I don't remember anything being as good as it for the rest of the year. The finish to Cena/Bray still bugs the shit out of me. Such a terrible finish that hurt the entire match. I think both Shield/Evolution and Shield/Wyatts were over rated at the time. Neither of them are as good as the first couple of Shield matches.

somedevil

Not even close.

Well here are the most likely 4 stipulation matches at TLC:

Cena vs Rollins table
Bray vs Ambrose TLC
Kane vs Ryback Chairs
Ziggler vs Harper Ladder

Alucard

Banned
I personally never really got the hype over the Shield/Wyatt and Shield/Evolution matches. They were good, but I don't feel compelled to watch them ever again.

Top Bottom