• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Alucard

Banned
Well here are the most likely 4 stipulation matches at TLC:

Cena vs Rollins table
Bray vs Ambrose TLC
Kane vs Ryback Chairs
Ziggler vs Harper Ladder

Still no Brock? Weird.

On paper, a Ziggler vs. Harper ladder match sounds like it could be quite good.

JavyOO7

I agree about the Sina vs Wyatt match... especially with how Sina does not know how to tell a story within a match. I think he gets so excited (he's just having fun out there... like Brett Favre) that he forgets what he's supposed to be portraying in the ring. That or he like to intentionally berry his opponents. I dunno.

EDIT = Oh, one thing I don't like about about the legit shook site is that when you click on a section, like let's say your (strobogo) section, it shows all the articles already without having to click on them. I'd prefer that they'd all be organized by date and not opened already so I can click on them. Sorry. =p

Heel

Ah yes, the half-baked "conflicted Sina" story line. What could have been.

Kaladin

Finally got to listen to the Punk podcast. It was interesting. While it confirmed a lot of things you suspected, it also highlighted the carny as fuck nature of WWE. Almost enough to make you question watching a company that does this kind of thing to it's performers.

But then again, I'm a fan....and independent wrestling and Japanese wrestling can be expensive to follow. WWE especially makes it dirt cheap with their Network. So you ignore the carny as fuck aspects of this company....and keep watching. Even when it becomes boring as fuck, and they pull you back in with false hope like Stang and The Authority being gone only to keep the same old shit the next week with a different label....just keep watching with the hope that something good will happen.

“I’m not going to say trashy, classless things like Ms. Lee did because unlike Ms. Lee, I actually care about the kids that sit in this audience. It’s time that everyone heard the real truth about AJ Lee. Yes, we heard over and over and over again your sob story. Yes, we have heard over and over about how hard you worked. But you wanna know what? I have worked harder. The biggest difference between you and me is that I don’t have to go tell everyone so they like me. And most important, that is what makes me fearless.

“You wanna know why you don’t have any friends? It’s because you’re so threatened by anyone who doesn’t like you. AJ, I want you to take a good hard look at what a woman is, a real woman, a classy woman! I want you to take a look at what a real Divas champion looks like. AJ, I want you to know that forever, through these fearless eyes, you will always be that pathetic manipulating little girl from New Jersey.”

The caring about the kids in the audience bit is laughable.

strobogo

Banned
Ah yes, the half-baked "conflicted Sina" story line. What could have been.

It makes no sense anyway considering all the other times he's tried to kill dudes with the steps, or cheated to win with his chain, or threw someone through the roof of an ambulance, or through a stage, or tied them up with duct tape. Even within that match, he used the steps and hit Rowan with a chair. He wasn't conflicted about those. He speared Harper through the barrier. Didn't feel conflicted about that. Was very upset with the fans chanting for Wyatt, until it was 5KS time and then he went back to happy go lucky smirking Jahn Sina. He does that in every match. Doesn't matter what the story line is or how beaten up he's been. As soon as 5KS comes up, he pops up smirking away like nothing has happened to him for the past 10 minutes.

Alucard

Banned
My thoughts on the Cena/Wyatt bullshit feud, and the Mania match in particular, are summed up here:

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/wwe-wh...ld-have-ended-differently-at-wrestlemania-xxx

I’m not blind to the rub that Cena can give a guy, but lately, he has become almost unwatchable from a character perspective. His promos and character work leading up to the match with Wyatt were all over the map. Let’s recap, shall we?

Week 1 – Cena says Wyatt looks like a homeless guy and cracks jokes about Margaritaville.

Week 2 – Cena suddenly says he’s “scared of Bray Wyatt” after playing the comedian the week before.

Week 3 – Cena sees a sheep mask in the mirror and seems really distracted and unsure of himself in a match against Luke Harper. The Wyatts cover his face with a sheep mask.

Week 4 – Cena suddenly finds his courage, starts spitting venom, and says Wyatt is going to need to change the way he walks because Cena’s going to stick his foot up his ass.

Week 5 – The match takes place and Cena suddenly looks unsure of himself again after being supremely confident less than a week before.

It was simply painful to watch as a fan who actually pays attention to character progression and narrative consistency. Meanwhile, Wyatt delivered his usual top shelf material and kept the message the same all the way throughout: John Cena is a false idol who must fall.

Getting back to the point, the match between Cena and Wyatt was quite good if it existed in a vacuum without the previous weeks’ buildup. However, the ending was as vanilla as you can get in the wrestling world, and the booking stopped the feud dead in its tracks. Anything between Cena and Wyatt beyond this point will feel tacked on and pointless. Cena’s victory essentially ended a money feud that has nowhere to go now but laterally, or worse still, down.

I have a friend who is going through a shitty time due to a break up, but it's getting a bit ridiculous. He's posting nudes of himself now and as much as I would like to help him out, I'm thinking at this point it would be easier to produce a Rise and Fall DVD.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm enjoying Stro recapping the best of the year in WWE, mainly because I clearly remember most of these matches and maybe only missed one or two.

Inspired me to fire back up Mania 30 and see HHH/Bryan. Goddamn how things have changed...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's bananas how much wrestling is going to be on starting in January if you have a good cable package.

Smackdown is going to Thursday (NXT will be on Wednesday) Impact will also be on Wednesday (The Wednesday Night War!) and I guess that's when Lucha Underground is on (the only show I don't get) while NJPW archival footage will be on Friday Nights. I can't remember when ROH is on.

Alucard

Banned
It's bananas how much wrestling is going to be on starting in January if you have a good cable package.

Smackdown is going to Thursday (NXT will be on Wednesday) Impact will also be on Wednesday (The Wednesday Night War!) and I guess that's when Lucha Underground is on (the only show I don't get) while NJPW archival footage will be on Friday Nights. I can't remember when ROH is on.

ROH is on weekends. Saturdays. Or people just watch it online.

The Vince reaction gif is banned from here Alucard. We were like gods, gifting the mortals of neogaf with fire until they twisted it to their own nefarious ends

THINK OF YOUR LEGACY, JOHN!

Tell me where to go, tell me what to do
I'll be right there for you
Tell me what to say, no matter if it's true
I'll say it all for you

I used to be the type of kid that would always think the sky is falling
Why am I so differently wired? Am I a martian?
What kind of twisted experiment am I involved in?
'Cause I don't belong in this world
That's why I'm scoffing at authority, defiant often
Flying off at the handle at my mom, no dad
So I am non-compliant at home, at school I'm just shy and awkward
And I don't need no goddamn psychologist
Tryna diagnose why I have all these underlying problems
Thinking he can try and solve them
I'm outside chalking up drawings on the sidewalk
And in the front drive talking to myself
Either that or inside hiding off in the corner somewhere quiet
Trying not to be noticed 'cause I'm crying and sobbing
I had a bad day at school so I ain't talking
Some cocksucker shoved me into a fucking locker
'Cause he said that I eyeballed him

And if you fall, I'll get you there
I'll be your savior from all the wars that are fought
Inside your world
Please have faith in my words

'Cause this is my legacy, legacy, eh
This is my legacy, legacy, eh
There's no guarantee,
It's not up to me,
We can only see
This is my legacy, legacy
Legacy, legacy

Why am I so differently wired in my noggin?
'Cause sporadic as my thoughts come, it's mind boggling
'Cause I obsess on everything in my mind small shit
Bothers me but not my father, he said Sayonara then split
But I don't give a shit I'm fine long as
There's batteries in my Walkman nothing's the matter with me
Shit look on the bright side at least I ain't walking
I bike ride through the neighborhood of my apartment
Complex on a ten speed which I've acquired parts that I
Find in the garbage, a frame, then put tires on it
Headphones on look straight ahead if kids try and start shit
But if this is all there is for me life offers
Why bother even try and put up a fight, it's nonsense
But I think a light bulb just lit up in my conscience
What about them rhymes I've been jottin'
They're kinda giving me confidence
Instead of tryna escape through my comics,
Why don't I just blast a little something like Onyx
To put me in the mood to wanna fight and write songs that
Say what I wanna say to the kid that said that I eyeballed him
Grab hold of my balls like that's right fight's on bitch
Who would've knew from the moment I turned the mic on that
I could be iconic, and my conquest
Is word to Phife Dawg from a tribe called Quest

There's no guarantee,
It's not up to me,
We can only see
Legacy, legacy

Now I think the fact that I'm differently wired's awesome
'Cause if I wasn't I wouldn't be able to work
Words like this and connect lines like crosswords
And use my enemy's words as strength
To try and draw from, and get inspired off em
'Cause all my life I was told and taught I am not shit
By you wack fucking giant sacks of lying dog shit
Now you shut up bitch, I am talking
Thought I was full of horseshit and now
You fucking worship the ground in which I am walking
Me against the world so what? I'm Brian Dawkins
Versus the whole 0 and 16 Lions offense
So bring on the Giants Falcons and Miami Dolphins
It's the body bag game bitch I'm supplying coffins
'Cause you dicks, butt kiss, a bunch of Brian Baldingers
You gon' die a ball licker I've been diabolical
With this dialogue since 99 Rawkus
You don't respect the legacy I leave behind y'all can
Suck a dick, the day you beat me pigs'll fly out my ass
In a flying saucer full of Italian sausage
The most high exalting and I ain't halting
Till I die of exhaustion inhale my exhaust fumes
The best part about me is I am not you
I'm me and I'm the Fire Marshall and this is my

Legacy, legacy, eh
There's no guarantee, it's not up to me, we can only see
Legacy, legacy

Finally saw Batista's Guardians of the Galaxy.

That movie is fun. Still dont know how Batista landed that role though. Going from straight to DVD trash to biggest movie of the year is impressive. Gary Whitta levels of failing upwards.

Dave ever coming back or is he done now he can make decent money elsewhere?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Potential GOTY stuff

Ground Zeroes (says a lot, considering how small it is)
Forza Horizon 2
Mario Kart 8
Banished
Wolfenstein: The New Order

oh and Divinity: Original Sin

hmmmmmm....

RP912

Banned
No lie friends...the punk interview got me legit shooked to even support the fucking carny fest known as the WWE. There's one thing to be a miserable place for employment but to put your wrestler's livelihood on the line because wrestling...fuck that and fuck you wwe.

I'll stick to Lucha Underground and tn..........when's njpw suppose to come to the states again?

Potential GOTY stuff

Ground Zeroes (says a lot, considering how small it is)
Forza Horizon 2
Mario Kart 8
Banished
Wolfenstein: The New Order

hmmmmmm....

DKC: Tropical Freeze is definitely at the top of my list. Best 2D platformer in years. Was Dark Souls 2 this year? I guess it'd by my second. Don't feel like it was as good as Dark Souls 1 but still pretty good.

Edit: I liked the evil within too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DKC: Tropical Freeze is definitely at the top of my list. Best 2D platformer in years. Was Dark Souls 2 this year? I guess it'd by my second. Don't feel like it was as good as Dark Souls 1 but still pretty good.

Edit: I liked the evil within too.

Dark Souls 2 isn't even on my radar. What a drop off for me. DKC TF was dope as fuck, played it with a friend, but platformers aren't really that great to me.

Dark Souls 2 isn't even on my radar. What a drop off for me. DKC TF was dope as fuck, played it with a friend, but platformers aren't really that great to me.

It's been a pretty meh year for me other than DKC. Like I agree that Dark Souls 2 was a huge decline in quality, but..still pretty good. But what do I know I can't even muster up the energy to beat it. Hopefully BloodBorne is good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's been a pretty meh year for me other than DKC. Like I agree that Dark Souls 2 was a huge decline in quality, but..still pretty good. But what do I know I can't even muster up the energy to beat it. Hopefully BloodBorne is good.

I have zero faith in that. I liked Alien Isolation for like, 50% of it I was captivated. Then it started to drag.

Best game I played this year hands down is Pinball Arcade, but that shit didn't come out this year. Goddamn I love it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This year delivered exactly what I wanted gaming wise.

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy.
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8
Professor Layton x Ace Attorney
Hyrule Warriors
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Fantasy Life
Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Out of those the biggest surprises were BD:FF, Hyrule Warriors, and Fantasy Life, a game so good that Bayonetta 2, a game that probably would be on this list had I actually played it, got booted off of the schedule and I haven't put in enough work to see if I really dig it.

Smash 3DS blew me out of the water and Wii U was somehow even better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Now yall motherfuckers can't give me shit for my 300+ hours in Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.

In the tradition of Sunny, in the tradition of Stro, of the Bean Bionic brothers, of Prof. Beef, of Falling Edge and Bronson, of Aiiii, of Heel-- the man who will never die.
As the real captain of this ship EvilLore, upstairs tonight.
From the Alucards, to the Fox318s, to the... SimplyTheBests, I accept this GAF membership. ... Wait a second. Of Plywood. Of the fat man himself, Data West. This is it tonight, Dad.
God, that's beautiful...and they can all kiss my ass!

ZVDmbQA.png

Because! I am not the man who accepts a torch to be handed down to me from an organization that died-- RIP-- seven years ago. The Freckhise, is the man who ignites the new flame of the sport of professional wrestling forum posting!
Tonight, before God and my father is witness,
I declare myself, The Freckhise, as the new GAF Heavyweight Champion of the world! I have set out to change the face of professional wrestling forum posting.
So tonight, let the new era begin: the era of the sport of professional wrestling forum, the era of The Freckhise!

still need to get forza horizon 2 (demo was tight). but titanfall and sunset overdrive were the console titles that probably got the most time from me this year~

RP912

Banned
My GOTY list:

Titanfall
TXK
Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls
Civilization: Beyond Earth
Binding of Issah: Rebirth

That's it....

Fox318

I'm watching the ROH 9th Anniversary Show from just 3 years ago, and the production values between then and now are like night and day. They now have very good HD video. They have better lighting. Their ring looks better. Their graphics and sound are better. Sure, they still have a long way to go, but they're much further along than we often give them credit for.

With that in mind, only one week to go until Final Battle 2014...
Briscoe-vs.-Cole_ROH-Final-Battle-2014.jpg

Getting pumped.

$25 for a ticket.

If only I knew people who would go.

In the tradition of Sunny, in the tradition of Stro, of the Bean Bionic brothers, of Prof. Beef, of Falling Edge and Bronson, of Aiiii, of Heel-- the man who will never die.
As the real captain of this ship EvilLore, upstairs tonight.
From the Alucards, to the Fox318s, to the... SimplyTheBests, I accept this GAF membership. ... Wait a second. Of Plywood. Of the fat man himself, Data West. This is it tonight, Dad.
God, that's beautiful...and they can all kiss my ass!

ZVDmbQA.png

Because! I am not the man who accepts a torch to be handed down to me from an organization that died-- RIP-- seven years ago. The Freckhise, is the man who ignites the new flame of the sport of professional wrestling forum posting!
Tonight, before God and my father is witness,
I declare myself, The Freckhise, as the new GAF Heavyweight Champion of the world! I have set out to change the face of professional wrestling forum posting.
So tonight, let the new era begin: the era of the sport of professional wrestling forum, the era of The Freckhise!
And this is how you make an Impact™ in WrassleGAF.

Entropia

No One Remembers
My GOTY list:

Titanfall
TXK
Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls
Civilization: Beyond Earth
Binding of Issah: Rebirth

That's it....

Civ:BE GOTY contender? I played it for 20 hours, it just didn't feel like a full, comprehensive game.

Top Bottom