• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Dion314

Neo Member
If it's one thing they're good at its taking something people like and running it into the ground. New Day will be no exception.

Speaking of them though, their story about how they were going to Vince and how they basically got themselves over makes me wonder if either the rest of the roster aren't doing this also or they ARE and it's just no ideas good enough for them to run with.

Aiii

So not worth it
New Day is already pretty stale. It is not their fault, they are better in small doses. Three minute skits with a straight man character to play off of, not entire segments.

Them getting stale is the goal, that way Vince will say "see???? you clearly didn't love them otherwise you'd love them forever even after being all over the place always"

friends i'm watching Starrcade '90 on the network, and Paul E. says somethink like "Tiger Hattori used to advise Mr Saito", to which Jim Ross replies: "the only advice he should give him is to stay out of McDonalds"

fat shaming

in 1990

by good ol JR

Not fat shaming. Mr. Saito and Ken Patera were arrested in 1982 for throwing a huge rock through the window of a McDonalds. Then they beat the shit out of cops who confronted them. They were sentenced to two years in jail.

If it's one thing they're good at its taking something people like and running it into the ground. New Day will be no exception.

Speaking of them though, their story about how they were going to Vince and how they basically got themselves over makes me wonder if either the rest of the roster aren't doing this also or they ARE and it's just no ideas good enough for them to run with.

I'm sure most of the roster is just content to have a job and don't want to rock the boat. Cesaro, for one example.

NoRéN;187458513 said:
Just watching raw and that opening segment and new day's "acting" is bad. Embarrassingly bad.

Would you say it was booty?

Seriously, the whole booty thing is such a lacklustre catchphrase, I'd sooner BALEE DAT!

what if New Day were white? i'm just asking, real ass questions up in this mug

Replace booty with buttocks?

Ithil

I don't think the New Day are stale, nor have they gotten boring for me. Could they be overexposed if they're in three segments a night every week? Of course, but so would anyone.
There are real stale and boring acts on RAW, I'm not gonna crap on the only act on the show to consistently make me laugh.

Toki767

The issue with New Day is that they aren't going anywhere.

They're so far above all the other tag teams in the division that a tag team feud is boring, but they aren't going to be main eventing unless they're getting fed to Roman Reigns.

imBask

Banned
i'll usually have RAW in the background, if I see New Day i'll turn the volume up to see if they're going to say something fun, and I turn it down again once they're done.

They're far from being the biggest problem on that show so I don't see why you guys are having this discussion

Kaladin

what if New Day were white? i'm just asking, real ass questions up in this mug

enzo.jpg

Ithil

why did you post a picture of a future champion and two vanilla midget?

you do know that Big Cass and Enzo are never gonna cut it on the main roster. Big Cass might make it because HE'S A MASTODON DAMNIT

I don't know what you think the term vanilla midget means.

New Day are very FnP, I like them.

Their segments definitely go on too long though, should be a bit shorter. Then again, RAW goes on too long in general, so it makes sense that it would make them seem stale.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Enzo and Cass would be great, tbh. Everyone else in the New Day's division is a horrible generic babyface duo that doesn't have anywhere near the chops to play off of the New Day's weird shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"They're giving us too much of something we previously enjoyed." may mark a new low for smark culture.

Stop watching.

lol, you're summing it up pretty well for a lot of the part-timers who pop in during Raw

Kaladin

I watched the Strong vs Sabre, Jr. match that Evolve put up yesterday.

I had actually never seen Zack Sabre Jr. wrestle before now. This guy reminds me a lot of early Bryan Danielson with a lot of back and forth mat wrestling, and he's good with it too.

Wasn't he rumored to be signed to NXT sometime soon? I seem to remember that. Shame there isn't a place for that sort of thing in WWE as much. They would never do a match of that style.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the first episode from March 84 in Mid-South was pretty terrible. Only a couple bright spots. Mr. Wrestling II being an amazing cunt and ducking Magnum TA was awesome. Stagger Lee was amazing. Everything else felt like bad ECW. TERRIBLE amount of no contests.

Man, the first episode from March 84 in Mid-South was pretty terrible. Only a couple bright spots. Mr. Wrestling II being an amazing cunt and ducking Magnum TA was awesome. Stagger Lee was amazing. Everything else felt like bad ECW. TERRIBLE amount of no contests.

Watching southern wrasslin like nwa and smoky mountain I had to get used to the fact that a lot of the matches were sloppy brawls and it was the promos I had to look forward to.

Kaladin

I'm just saying, when you think about it...Carmella, Big Cass and Enzo are doing the same thing as New Day each week. I think the biggest difference is they're not over exposed on NXT like they would be on the main roster. Also, they come off as more serious goofy and less ha ha goofy.

Think of the difference between the original DX and the DX Comeback Edition with HBK and HHH. You took the original more serious as a threat while laughing at them, while the second one you just laughed at and watched as they won.

Remember when the new day laid out all the babyfaces

it's amazing how that wasn't followed up on.

"we clap so we don't snap" That's what the New Day needs to be more of, they need to show more of that vicious side, like when they dragged Ziggler's lifeless body out. Their current course WILL eventually grow stale, they need to mix it up like how Edge and Christian could do a comedy act one day but you still knew they were really serious threats cause the next day they could attempt to murder you with a conchairto.

Damn, I'm checking my Steam friend list and there's a few WrassleGAF members that haven't been on for a LONG time.

Bronson
MattFox

Are you safe?

Top Bottom