• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My favorite part last night was them hyping up Breeze's big win at Survivor Series and then Ziggler comes out and beats him clean on Raw.

Kaladin

it would be best for business. My business. That match had a hell of a story, awesome psychology.

The whole corporate angle, everything felt very TNA main event to me.

The crowd reaction was the best part though. There was a guy reading a book in the front row.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't want to say the ratings actually matter from hour to hour but I usually fall asleep when I can tell that they're angling for a meaningless 6 man tag as the main event

I didn't see that, i have to go back and watch. that's very funny.

That guy missed a good match trying to get himself over on reddit

Kaladin

I want to see how far the ratings go down before Vince actually does something.

Let's see them go down to sub Impact 2011 numbers for Raw.

What then Vince.....what then?

Toki767

I want to see how far the ratings go down before Vince actually does something.

Let's see them go down to sub Impact 2011 numbers for Raw.

What then Vince.....what then?

Well supposedly yesterday was Vince's attempt at trying something.

Absolute filth
w0U4Ivk.gif

Yeah if that was their idea of doing something, that's more damning of the company than any accurate report that could come out

Angry Grimace

I just don't understand what was supposed to be them doing anything

I remember one year when panic mode meant Raw was a comedy show for a week.

Well the Slammies are coming up, maybe Tony Atlas can laugh for 10 minutes straight because he forgot his lines.

^^^^^^please tell me someone knows what I am talking about?

Using legends to make a mockery of themselves.

Toki767

I just don't understand what was supposed to be them doing anything

They started up a new faction.

Don't you want to see Roman Reigns overcome the odds?

Especially after he took out 3 of them all by himself last week and punked out Sheamus twice last night.

Adam Rose now has an ongoing segment
League of Nations formed
League of Nations actually won
New Day had more time than anyone else
Sasha won

There was clearly a focus on the unusual suspects. It was just so poorly attempted and obviously thrown at the wall to see if it would stick that it didn't look like a genuine effort at fixing any of their problems, especially when a lot of the night's events fell at Reigns' feet making him out to be the underdog (missing the point of Reigns entirely)

klonere

Banned
If you don't want to cheer for Roman Reigns you are shit out of luck, there ain't no other horse to cheer for. That's my hottest take on WWE in late 2015.

TheBear

Can you guys recommend a good (free) Raw Recap podcast?
used to have a F4W sub but didn't think it was good value. Taz's recaps were pretty good but now it's a daily show and there's a whole bunch of shit to wade through just to get to it.

Toki767

Can you guys recommend a good (free) Raw Recap podcast?
used to have a F4W sub but didn't think it was good value. Taz's recaps were pretty good but now it's a daily show and there's a whole bunch of shit to wade through just to get to it.

Review a Raw?

Adam Rose now has an ongoing segment
League of Nations formed
League of Nations actually won
New Day had more time than anyone else
Sasha won

There was clearly a focus on the unusual suspects. It was just so poorly attempted and obviously thrown at the wall to see if it would stick that it didn't look like a genuine effort at fixing any of their problems, especially when a lot of the night's events fell at Reigns' feet making him out to be the underdog (missing the point of Reigns entirely)

I read at one of them wrassle rumor sites the latest the WWE officials are trying to re create the Daniel Bryan underdog story for Roman to get him over organically.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
We're not twitter friends, he got angry at me about joke NJPW spoilers. Also, I looked at your Profile on Steam earlier and I was like... I know this guy from somewhere!

Hah. Yeah, I haven't been on Steam in a week or two. Overloaded with console stuff to play at the moment.

Watched Bryan vs Low Ki from 2002 - this was one of the big matches that really put ROH on the map in their first few months as a promotion and, while it doesn't quite hold up, it's remarkably restrained on the near-falls for a match of its length. There's a lot of shootstyle stuff in the beginning (Shamrock was the guest ref) that's technically sound, but lacks the intensity of proper shootstyle and once the match picks up in intensity things get really interesting. Low Ki frustratingly does a good job of selling his leg, but forgets about it half-way through the match, while Bryan was on-point with his selling throughout, making Ki's kicks look absolutely devastating. The finish was excellent as well, Ki getting caught out of the Tidal Krush into a brutal Regal-plex, followed by the Cattle Mutilation to make him pass out. Probably Bryan's most impressive match at this point, but one he'd go on to better a few years down the line.

w3M8ktp.gif

LG25YxQ.gif

aDcpROV.gif

Yep. I wish they replaced Agnew and Herrington for the NXT review. Cause that show is not good probably because Agnew is the worst of the Law group.

Right now there is no good free NXT review show.

I made the same comment in last month's thread, I think. Right now, the Bryan and Vinny section on NXT every week is fine.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What have you been playing?

This is a difficult question because it's all animu shit and this is WrassleGAF. EDIT: Actually Deception IV isn't really animu, so that's something I guess.

But whatever, by the end of the week I'll have forgotten all about that shit since Yakuza 5 is definitely, positively, for sure this time coming out on Saturday
maybe

klonere

Banned
I made the same comment in last month's thread, I think. Right now, the Bryan and Vinny section on NXT every week is fine.

Between the NXT and now NWA recaps on Sunday and the retro Tuesdays, I am very much enjoying my Observer sub.

And yes, add my voice to the choir of getting rid of Jason Agnew from the LAW NXT review, god he is an insufferable man.

Kaladin

Watched Bryan vs Low Ki from 2002 - this was one of the big matches that really put ROH on the map in their first few months as a promotion and, while it doesn't quite hold up, it's remarkably restrained on the near-falls for a match of its length. There's a lot of shootstyle stuff in the beginning (Shamrock was the guest ref) that's technically sound, but lacks the intensity of proper shootstyle and once the match picks up in intensity things get really interesting. Low Ki frustratingly does a good job of selling his leg, but forgets about it half-way through the match, while Bryan was on-point with his selling throughout, making Ki's kicks look absolutely devastating. The finish was excellent as well, Ki getting caught out of the Tidal Krush into a brutal Regal-plex, followed by the Cattle Mutilation to make him pass out. Probably Bryan's most impressive match at this point, but one he'd go on to better a few years down the line.

This is exactly what I thought of watching Zack Sabre Jr. vs Roderick Strong last night. He's got the same hard hitting technical style Bryan had.

Raw64life

People would just be complaining on here that DiBiase and Bossman got buried and became permanent mid-carders after their feuds with Hogan.

I love that Austin's podcasts have been on how terrible RAW is. All podcasts have essentially turn into this. No one's opinions matter. Vince is just gonna keep swinging his dick around.

UberTag

People would just be complaining on here that DiBiase and Bossman got buried and became permanent mid-carders after their feuds with Hogan.
I beg to differ. I remember Boss Man's legendary feuds with Al Snow and The Big Show. He even rated a Main Event Hell in a Cell match to help build Taker's WrestleMania streak.

The Rad Ox appeared on Busted Open Radio and did an interview. Highlights:

Was fired for "cocky pricks", Vince didn't like use of "pricks". Was surprised to hear he was released
(Said this on Twitter but was happy the Panthers won, made his Thanksgiving better than it was with the release 24 hours before)
Vince supported the Maddox/Adam Rose team from beginning to end
Interested in acting
Getting back into working with Youtube

People gonna be unhappy with SD

* SmackDown kicks off with Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and The Usos in the ring calling out the League of Nations. They come out and we get an eight-man main event for tonight. The New Day comes out and says The Usos and Ambrose have to fight them in order to be Reigns' partners in the main event

...* WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day defeated The Usos and Dean Ambrose when Xavier Woods pinned Jimmy Uso. Reigns will now be alone in the main event

Top Bottom