• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Stang is getting neck surgery

Yeah, MRI's and neurologists have been looking at it, Dr. Maroon out of Pittsburgh, he's looked at it. He's telling me that I'll have to have a surgery. The dust only in the last couple weeks has kind of started to settle a little bit for me, just trying to get so much done in life but now it's time to go get this thing taken care of. No, I'm hoping [they don't have to do a fusion surgery]. I know that's one of the techniques that they use and I'm not sure if Dr. Maroon will have to do that or not. I've got two spots in my neck that are troublesome. I guess it's called cervical spinal stenosis. That's what it is. I have two areas in my neck where the spinal canal, which holds the spinal cord, it's kind of choked off in two different locations. Lucky that a catastrophe didn't happen that night, long story short. I've gotta go get it fixed. I guess John Cena had something very similar, he had his fixed, and Dr. Maroon has done several of the WWE guys up there and all with great success."

Boots, let's discuss the potential Wrestle Kingdom 10 card:

0. New Japan Rumble
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: reDRagon vs. Young Bucks vs. Ricochet & Sydal vs. RPG Vice
2. NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Championship match: Tiger Mask (c) vs. Liger
3. Los Ingobernables de Japan vs. Goto and ?
4. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship match: Kenny Omega (c) vs. KUSHIDA
5. NEVER Openweight Championship match: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata
6. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
7. ROH World Championship match: Jay Lethal (c) vs. #BIGMIKE (?)
8. IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. A.J. Styles
9. IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

We could probably fit another match or two on this card.

Is this official? I could see a Yano/Sakuraba/Yano's typical mystery partner vs. Fale/Yujiro/Tama Tonga (or maybe Jarrett) given Yano and Fale's ongoing feud and Yujiro getting into the mix with chairshots to Yano,m which would probably replace the NWA jr. title match. As for Goto I think it'll be a singles match between him and Naito, maybe Evil and Bushi can face off with Kojima and Tenzan or some crap.

But yeah, I think it's a given that #BIGMIKE is getting the title shot, given his recent comments.

12366276_10207146531835797_3799521389634086898_n.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm surprised all the articles on Sting's neck surgery were able to contain explaining Seth-kun's karma.

Here's my guess at the card so far;

NJPW, "WRESTLE KINGDOM 10", 2016/01/04
Tokyo Dome

00. New Japan Rumble: Manabu Nakanishi vs Sho Tanaka vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs Cody Hall vs Juice Robinson vs Satoshi Kojima vs Yohei Komatsu vs Osamu Nishimura vs David Finlay vs Jay White vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs Cheeseburger vs YOSHI-HASHI vs Ryusuke Taguchi
01. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: reDRagon (c) vs The Young Bucks vs Ricochet & Sydal vs RPG Vice
02. Special Tag Match: Toru Yano, ??? & ??? vs Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga
03. CMLL World Welterweight Title: Mascara Dorada (c) vs BUSHI
04. NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Tiger Mask (c) vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
05. Special Tag Match: Hirooki Goto & Yuji Nagata vs Tetsuya Naito & EVIL
06. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega (c) vs KUSHIDA
07. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Katsuyori Shibata
08. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
09. ROH World Heavyweight Title: Jay Lethal (c) vs Michael Elgin
10. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs AJ Styles
11. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

Seems really bloated with a ton of title matches, I guess they could save the CMLL defence for FantasticaMania, but the NWA jr. belt seems set for Wrestle Kingdom. Not a huge fan of Lethal debuting at the Dome, but I guess they want the title on the card to spark some interest in the ROH/NJPW shows in Japan next February.

Why Nagata? Most of my puro info comes from PuroresuSpirit which isn't very verbose, but there has to be a reason for him.

Why Nagata? Most of my puro info comes from PuroresuSpirit which isn't very verbose, but there has to be a reason for him.

EVIL was Nagata's student as a young lion and Nagata recently mentioned how all his students have either retired or turned heel (except for Taguchi), which is what gave me the idea - it probably would've been better if they'd done Meiyu Tag vs Los Ingobernables, with Ishii vs #BIGMIKE for the NEVER belt, but I won't complain about Shibata getting a shot at a singles belt (only his 5th ever singles title shot, believe it or not).

So I saw this "most racist wrestling promo" video and while I would say it's NSFW etc, I'm interested to know where this guy is from? He mentions WCW, but it can't be that WCW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnZXvQ1RS5I

[edit - actually, scratch that, I found it: Women Championship Wrestling. Never heard of it, but here's an hour of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcDXobicfiQ

The bastard love child of Bobby Eaton and Jim Cornette?

It's now kinda likely that Vince will keep the belt on Sheamus until WM32 to cash in on this.

Since Stephen Amell is playing Casey Jones... Oh dear.

somedevil

Enzo's serious promo reminded me of Jay Briscoe actually. He had that same fire to him Jay normally carries in his promos.

Yep that promo is how you build up a match. Why can't WWE do this.

WWE hasn't found a false moustache for their WWE doctor yet.

They are taking their time to find the right mustache. Cause are they just turn Bryan into their version of Carmen Sandiego sending him around the world for over 2 years without a straight answer on his health?

Top Bottom