• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Serious question for those that still watch Raw and talk about how much they hate it; why do you watch?

Toki767

Serious question for those that still watch Raw and talk about how much they hate it; why do you watch?

Habit?

Though lately I've started just taking a nap while Raw is on and just reading about the rest online. It's getting easier and easier to not watch. And I've been watching as a kid since 1989.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I watch the first hour and see if it looks like anything interesting is happening and then I turn it off.

Why the cancelin'?

Cutting down on things in prep for incoming Baby! Wife is going to take a full year off work to look after our latest addition to the Lucha Stable, so we'll just have on income coming in. Sadly, NJPW didn't make the list, along with Spotify and a few other things. £80 on various internet subs was a bit dumb in hindsight!

Caderfix

They've been teasing that they will shake things up for a while and the company has serious talent in the roster. I like wrestling and grew up watching it, so I want to see if it gets better and hope it gets enjoyable again. That's why I watch it.

Serious question to you. Why does the fact that people dislike the product, making their disapproval clear (blaming the higher ups, mostly the guy you use as an avatar), in an internet forum about wrestling, bothers you so much?

Zach

Cutting down on things in prep for incoming Baby! Wife is going to take a full year off work to look after our latest addition to the Lucha Stable, so we'll just have on income coming in. Sadly, NJPW didn't make the list, along with Spotify and a few other things. £80 on various internet subs was a bit dumb in hindsight!

Congratulations on the babe.

Santino
is pretty much unrecognizable.

CVgm5MVWcAAbUFO.jpg

Congratulations on the babe.

Thanks Zach! 4 weeks to go and we still haven't settled on a name. I was tempted to film it coming out and make the ultimate and his name is.... JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHN CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENA meme video, but I don't think my wife would approve.

Caderfix

Thanks Zach! 4 weeks to go and we still haven't settled on a name. I was tempted to film it coming out and make the ultimate and his name is.... JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHN CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENA meme video, but I don't think my wife would approve.

She doesn't need to know though. Present the vanilla version to her and make sure the meme doesn't show anything that can link it to you.

You shouldn't listen to me haha

Congratulations, Mr Luchador :)

Menome

I don't hate it per se, it's just hit a real rut since Rollins killed his knees. Besides, I own and have watched every single Doctor Who from 1963 to the present day. A bad episode of RAW is nothing, nothing compared to a story like The Web Planet or Love & Monsters.

Obviously, the lost episodes have been watched using the reconstructions.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They've been teasing that they will shake things up for a while and the company has serious talent in the roster. I like wrestling and grew up watching it, so I want to see if it gets better and hope it gets enjoyable again. That's why I watch it.

Serious question to you. Why does the fact that people dislike the product, making their disapproval clear (blaming the higher ups, mostly the guy you use as an avatar), in an internet forum about wrestling, bothers you so much?
Doesn't bother me so to speak, but it seems stupid for a lot of people to hate watch something when there's so many alternatives out there that are clear answers to the complaints.

I keep up with Raw to see if they change, but I don't have my hopes up.

Fox318

Its up to the gang of 4 how creative and the future of the company is handled.

Vince
HHH
Steph
Dunn

Honestly if I was advising them after mania I'd take 1 month off live tv.

Show highlights while building promo packages talking about the brand new raw.

New logo, new production styles, new camera angles, new commentary team, completely new stage, new wall barriers if not just using the old iron bars, some wrestlers get new themes and new talent is brought in. They need to be put in a situation where they are a little scared of the decisions that could be made.

They need something massive if they really want to turn things around with regards to the popularity of wrestling and I don't think any of those 4 are open minded to do it.

Recently team bad talked about the struggle of the system of how women weren't faces or heels. How is it that so with Steph McMahon in charge that women aren't given a fair shot? How is it that NXT can make a better product? How is it that the people in charge really think that using the death of Reid Flair or firing JR live on air is good entertainment?

All of those 4 are guilty of it, they are carnies though and though and I don't see any long term change with without Vince other than HHH kicking Dunn out.

Fox318

Doesn't bother me so to speak, but it seems stupid for a lot of people to hate watch something when there's so many alternatives out there that are clear answers to the complaints.

I keep up with Raw to see if they change, but I don't have my hopes up.

I think more and more people are leaving wrestling. I think the people that are hate watching it know what it can be when its great and want to support what they feel is the last American wrestling promotion out there.

I'd be curious how raw would be doing today without social media, cellphones/tablets, and other distractions today.

I mean if you just had 3 hours of this raw with no other distractions and nothing else to browse I can't see people staying for 3 minutes much less 3 hours.

Kaladin

Two days, 39 Episodes. Get ready for Lucha Underground Season 2 with a 40 HOUR SEASON 1 MARATHON, starting Saturday, January 23 at 10am ET on El Rey Network!

Might be time to get a Sling TV trial sub again.

Top Bottom