• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

I see we're pretending we're in an alternate universe where WWE won't turn Bayley into a catty jealous bitch like they do every other woman they write storylines for.

The meltdowns of NXT diehards when Bayley gets called up will be glorious

I thought my ability to feel annoyance at WWE ruining the things I like had finally faded into complete apathy but this one, this one would still get me.
It's not gonna be pretty....

tumblr_nyv01xnT7h1qd99kbo1_540.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
If you want to develop an even more unhealthy crush on Sasha Banks, I suggest to everyone to watch the latest Unfiltered on the Network.

Kornflayx

"Hey they ruined a potential star"

"HEHEHE TAKE THAT!"

???

There will be people who can't comprehend how they fucked it up. As always with WWE, you have to be prepared to be disappointed by their handling of talent. Maybe they will magically hit all the right notes with her, but I'm not holding my breath.

When everyone raged about Bryan early last year was the most entertaining this thread ever got.

I know what approximately half these words mean

Momoiro Clover Z is probably the most popular idol group in Japan right now, and they've basically jumped headlong into Otaku culture, working on anime like Sailor Moon, DBZ, and even with Kiss. If it's even slightly nerdy, they're there, and I guess NJPW is the next step. They apparently appeared in a video during the press conference saying they would be at WK10, and Momoka, one of their members, would be in the NJR, though it may have been a joke.

Then again, we got Great Kabuki and Yoshiaki Fujiwara last year. Why not?

thefro

There will be people who can't comprehend how they fucked it up. As always with WWE, you have to be prepared to be disappointed by their handling of talent. Maybe they will magically hit all the right notes with her, but I'm not holding my breath.

The problem with Bayley on the main roster is she won't have the same backstory she did in NXT where she starts out as a jobber, loses a bunch of matches, finds a character and gets better but still doesn't win the big match, etc until finally breaking through this year. That's a 2 1/2 year story that played out.

Knowing how WWE likes to operate she'll magically show up on the main roster with no build-up.

bjork

The problem with Bayley on the main roster is she won't have the same backstory she did in NXT where she starts out as a jobber, loses a bunch of matches, finds a character and gets better but still doesn't win the big match, etc until finally breaking through this year. That's a 2 1/2 year story that played out.

Knowing how WWE likes to operate she'll magically show up on the main roster with no build-up.

Maybe they'll Gail Kim her and she'll win the belt in a diva battle royale in her first match.

Ithil

I'm sure she will be watered down to "Hug Person" for Cole to throw out his one soundbyte every week and Byron to claim she "likes to have fun".

klonere

Banned
Some random thoughts

Alexa Bliss. I am a fan.

Hype boys. These two need to be in WWE roster. Mojo has a lot of work to do however. Dude did 5 shoulder tackles last night. Lacks imagination in the ring. The energy is incredible though. Having fun is a big part of getting over.

Nikki Bella on Eva Marie in a Total Divas rerun last night: "She's an asshole and doesn't even want to learn be a wrestler."

Corbin did a decent job with the promo last night.

Cass and Armore need promo help though.

my head hurts

Bandini

I'm sure she will be watered down to "Hug Person" for Cole to throw out his one soundbyte every week and Byron to claim she "likes to have fun".

And she'll debut with a win over Nikki Bella, then lose 3/4 of her matches over the next two months, and eventually get put in some kind of faction where she becomes just another person on the roster.

Momoiro Clover Z is probably the most popular idol group in Japan right now, and they've basically jumped headlong into Otaku culture, working on anime like Sailor Moon, DBZ, and even with Kiss. If it's even slightly nerdy, they're there, and I guess NJPW is the next step. They apparently appeared in a video during the press conference saying they would be at WK10, and Momoka, one of their members, would be in the NJR, though it may have been a joke.

Then again, we got Great Kabuki and Yoshiaki Fujiwara last year. Why not?

Kenny Omega can work a double shot and work a match with her.

Team tremendous added to the evolve tourney

EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher & Zack Sabre Jr.
-Chris Hero & Tommy End
-Roppongi Vice of Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero
-The Premier Athlete Brand of Caleb Konley & Anthony Nese with So Cal Val
-Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway
-Drew Gulak & TJ Perkins
-Harlem & Lancelot Bravado
-Team Tremendous of Dan Barry & Bill Carr

Enzo Amore absolutely does NOT need promo help. Dude is a mediocre wrestler, at best, but he's got the gift of gab like nobody's business.

Edit: Cass seems like a total misfire at this point, though. He's been with the company for years and isn't much better at wrestling than he's ever been. He's tall as hell, but his face is unintimidating and his lankiness seems to get in his way. Enzo and Cass together are great, but once Vince gets bored of them, I don't think Cass has any future, whereas Enzo might stay around as the new Heath Slater.

Shadow780

They can literally repeat the storyline between her and Sasha with Sasha' being the "Big League" champion and bully Bayley for a year.

Actually these two can feud forever.

BeckyWiiUoutsidelookingin.jpg

Ithil

They can literally repeat the storyline between her and Sasha with Sasha' being the "Big League" champion and bully Bayley for a year.

That would require them to not only plan a year long story, but stick to it.

Gonzalez

Banned

Yeah, they could easily do a "You weren't good enough to join us back then, and now" storyline. But this is Vince's show we are talking about. Good storytelling isn't his thing.

kiguel182

Watching NXT is pretty obvious that Raw would benefit from smaller matches instead of the opposite. Long matches should be PPV only.

Also, more matches with jobbers instead of 20 minutes Owens vs Ziggler showcases. Turning Raw in a place were those matches happen is not only a bore but also makes PPV kinda irrelevant.

Unless there's a big story reason big matches should be PPV only. And if not then they should be the main-event.

You know how things get funnier in retrospect?

I just read the post-Summerslam part of the OT from after Brock destroyed Cena. Nothing but people thinking finally shit was changing longterm for the better

Fox318

I just read the post-Summerslam part of the OT from after Brock destroyed Cena. Nothing but people thinking finally shit was changing longterm for the better

Then the next month they were quick to make Cena look strong again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Depends what they want "for the better" - do people just want Bork to win? Ok, mission accomplished. What was going to change with that? Cena being slotted into the midcard? Well, they got their wish.

Fox318

Next week. Cena took one Raw off to sell the beating, then came back the next Raw and destroyed the Wyatts, complete with making Bray cry

Its funny that they always justify getting his win back but him getting his win back they make the product look stale and they never build anyone up.

They beat Rock all the fucking time and he was able to overcome it.

kiguel182

So the long form of that chant is "Clap clap clapclapclap well done Sheamus you don't have testicles the size and shape of potatoes and thus probably don't have testicular cancer congratulations clap clap clapclapclap"?

Pretty much.

Also, does that mean Reigns does have testicles the size of potatoes? Maybe they need to chant for Reigns to do a medical check-up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Next week. Cena took one Raw off to sell the beating, then came back the next Raw and destroyed the Wyatts, complete with making Bray cry
Not seeing any issue with that. When you have Brock Lesnar destroy the champion, what sense does it make to continue to make him look bad? Let him look as good as possible, it makes Lesnar look better.

Ithil

Not seeing any issue with that. When you have Brock Lesnar destroy the champion, what sense does it make to continue to make him look bad? Let him look as good as possible, it makes Lesnar look better.

It didn't make Lesnar look better, because Cena came back the next month and was about to beat Lesnar when Rollins ran in for a DQ. Given the new deal was to have Lesnar just totally squash everyone he faced, it was a totally stupid thing to have Cena suddenly go toe to toe with him.

kiguel182

Everyone getting a victory over another dude sooner or later is one of the worst things about the product.

It makes everyone seem the same instead of creating clear power divisions. They are all mid carders without Cena since he rarely loses.

Ithil

We need to warn him!

What is the actual size of a tater tot? I searched Google and they seem, you know, normal testical size.

The more I think about this insult the less sense it makes.

Maybe Vince's balls really are the size of grapefruits, causing a constant overflow of hormones that have driven him mad over the years, and he just assumed everyone else also had these potato testicles.

Top Bottom