• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
God, there's a lot of shit to make fun of in ECW, but I think them trying to get Justin Credible over as a main eventer is the funniest thing ever.

Heel

Maybe this is news to no one, but apparently Mike Tenay is now "Professor Vegas" and has a sports betting podcast having been a bookmarker in Vegas for over a decade (...?!). The latest episode covers UFC with guest Dave Meltzer.

http://www1.play.it/audio/professor-vegas-mike-tenay-sports-betting-podcast/

08d2a4e4-d02c-7c74-44a9-6d20870a60f8.png

I look forward to Dave Meltzer responding to queries for fight picks with "I don't know" and "It could go either way."

Fox318

Here's the official WK10 card, press conference starting any minute now on NJPW World;

NJPW, "WRESTLE KINGDOM 10", 2016/01/04
Tokyo Dome

00. New Japan Rumble
01. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: reDRagon (c) vs The Young Bucks vs Ricochet & Matt Sydal vs RPG Vice
02. Special Tag Match: Toru Yano, ??? & ??? vs Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga
03. Special Singles Match: Michael Elgin vs Jay Lethal
04. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega (c) vs KUSHIDA
05. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
06. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs Tetsuya Naito
07. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Katsuyori Shibata
08. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs AJ Styles
09. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

Can't wait. Hopefully AJ is in good health by then...

Menome

BayleyJoan Cena is coming, prepare for 50 different shirts before end of 2016:

4nIUn1H.jpg

9HMZ806.jpg

2nd one is great I want to get one!

With the Diva Division the way it is and even the women themselves unsure what's what, I think it needs a 100% babyface Cena character like Bayley.

Set up a dynamic between her and Becky Lynch, with Becky playing the rough-and-tumble manly-voiced
RIP imbask
big sister figure and Bayley as the always-smiling go-getter.

Aiii

So not worth it
I see we're pretending we're in an alternate universe where WWE won't turn Bayley into a catty jealous bitch like they do every other woman they write storylines for.

Awful booking from NJPW. They can't create new stars. How stale is their main event scene?

Here's the funny thing about stories - they need an ending. You can argue that Okada & Tanahashi's story should have ended this time last year, but the fact is that New Japan are banking on this match to draw big with the live crowd - if that doesn't happen, then the western fans who've been bitching and moaning about Tanahashi & Okada endlessly will be redeemed, but if it does happen, then what? Can hardly call it awful booking if it succeeds.

Also, they aren't in much of a position to create NEW stars because there isn't enough young talent - Kamaitachi returning from CMLL will be a huge boost to the Jr. scene, but for the most part their only option is to elevate current stars. Like they're doing with Shibata there, who is probably going to win the first singles title of his entire career. Similarly, if G.B.H. win the tag titles that will be Honma's first ever gold in NJPW.

Jamie OD

Here's the funny thing about stories - they need an ending. You can argue that Okada & Tanahashi's story should have ended this time last year, but the fact is that New Japan are banking on this match to draw big with the live crowd - if that doesn't happen, then the western fans who've been bitching and moaning about Tanahashi & Okada endlessly will be redeemed, but if it does happen, then what? Can hardly call it awful booking if it succeeds.

Also, they aren't in much of a position to create NEW stars because there isn't enough young talent - Kamaitachi returning from CMLL will be a huge boost to the Jr. scene, but for the most part their only option is to elevate current stars. Like they're doing with Shibata there, who is probably going to win the first singles title of his entire career. Similarly, if G.B.H. win the tag titles that will be Honma's first ever gold in NJPW.

Also trying to raid other Japanese promotions of their top talent is next to impossible nowadays because the stars are too loyal to their mentors. Just look at the Ibushi deal, he almost had to be dragged kicking and screaming until they worked out a way to keep him in DDT. NJPW lost interest in Hayato Fujita after the 2009 Super J Cup because he wouldn't leave Michinoku Pro.

Menome

I see we're pretending we're in an alternate universe where WWE won't turn Bayley into a catty jealous bitch like they do every other woman they write storylines for.

We've got to be in the "Good" parallel universe for something, surely.

Menome

Jesus, you could hear a mouse drop a pin when Deonna approached the ring for her match with Asuka on NXT.

Sure she's a lowcard jobber, but they could at least bloody applaud her.

Aiii

So not worth it
Jesus, you could hear a mouse drop a pin when Deonna approached the ring for her match with Asuka on NXT.

Sure she's a lowcard jobber, but they could at least bloody applaud her.

After 3 hours, the audience is pretty spend by the time they get to the last matches.

bjork

I forgot the Owen DVD was coming out. I'll actually spend money on a wrestling product.

Also I got an ending in Fallout 4, finally. But for some reason my controller won't sync to the system, got it hooked up via usb with an old phone charger cable. I wonder what happened.

Here's the official WK10 card, press conference starting any minute now on NJPW World;

NJPW, "WRESTLE KINGDOM 10", 2016/01/04
Tokyo Dome

00. New Japan Rumble
01. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: reDRagon (c) vs The Young Bucks vs Ricochet & Matt Sydal vs RPG Vice
02. Special Tag Match: Toru Yano, ??? & ??? vs Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga
03. Special Singles Match: Michael Elgin vs Jay Lethal
04. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kenny Omega (c) vs KUSHIDA
05. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
06. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs Tetsuya Naito
07. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Katsuyori Shibata
08. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs AJ Styles
09. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

I'm a little surprised by only 9 matches given that it's rumored to be going back to a five-hour show, I'm also a little miffed they've built up the Dorada/BUSHI and Liger/Tiger title matches and apparently both get shoved to other events, Liger/Tiger to the 1/3 pre-show at Korakuen most likely and Dorada/BUSHI to Fantasticamania, but it could also be on the 1/3 pre-show. (EDIT: Just found out they will be at the December Korakuen shows, nevermind). Also, as much as I love Yano's mystery partners (and I'm hoping for a big surprise, maybe the Briscoes?) I'm a big peeved that his bro Sakuraba doesn't get the nod, but with his MMA commitments I guess he felt he had to give his all to that and didn't want to give a sub-par performance, even if it is a throwaway six man tag.

With all the talent being left off of this show, it makes the New Japan Rumble very interesting and pretty damn huge. They're going to have to expand that to 20 guys, at least. Here's the possible list:

Hiroyoshi Tenzan
Satoshi Kojima
Yuji Nagata
Manabu Nakanishi
EVIL
BUSHI
Jushin Liger
Tiger Mask
Mascara Dorada
Ryusuke Taguchi
Captain New Japan
Chase Owens
Cody Hall
Sakuraba (maybe)
YOSHI-HASHI
David Finlay
Jay White
Sho Tanaka
Yohei Komatsu
Juice Robinson

I could see Owens being left off the show since I don't believe he's a full NJPW employee yet. Since this leaves no spots for mystery entrants, I could see them bumping it to 25 men.

These two guys have had a mini-feud going on for the last few months after Taguchi started using a variation of the Boma Ye (the Oh My Ye, I believe it's called), where he hits the opponent with his ass instead of his knee. This will probably be the end of that as Nak murders Taguchi for good.

They can easily reduce the New Japan Rumble to just 24 potential participants by throwing Captain New Japan into Japan's irradiated ocean waters.

Ithil

BayleyJoan Cena is coming, prepare for 50 different shirts before end of 2016:

4nIUn1H.jpg

9HMZ806.jpg

2nd one is great I want to get one!

This is literally the only chance she will get at actually being treated well on the main roster so I hope she sells a lot of gaudy cartoon shirts.

They can easily reduce the New Japan Rumble to just 24 potential participants by throwing Captain New Japan into Japan's irradiated ocean waters.

I'd be down with that. Throw Taguchi in while you're at it.

It looks like Karato and Kanemitsu have been confirmed for it as well, along with Tenzan, Kojima, Nagata, Liger, Tiger, Dorada, Taguchi, Captain, and all five Young Lions (well, I guess there's seven now)

One would assume YOSHI-HASHI and Cody Hall are in this as well, and I'd like to see Chase Owens in this as well. Also Cheeseburger is rumored to be taking part as apparently he's Liger's favorite wrestler.

Striker

Wow. So the Owen Hart blu-ray has footage of Owen vs Bret from WM X from above and it looks incredible
https://49.media.tumblr.com/3357744918223c18f6f34db79c4b761c/tumblr_nz4idd3WO61sj4xr4o1_540.gif[/IMG
[IMG]https://49.media.tumblr.com/3060f8e7733ab7b687dbb71b77627493/tumblr_nz4idd3WO61sj4xr4o2_400.gif
https://49.media.tumblr.com/45663e8a79aad5811f20cc9f822ab4c6/tumblr_nz4idd3WO61sj4xr4o3_400.gif[/IMG
[IMG]https://49.media.tumblr.com/5cb6c5389ea03e3313265cdb4e95e50e/tumblr_nz4idd3WO61sj4xr4o4_400.gif[/IMG
[IMG]https://49.media.tumblr.com/66be1cb616459ed719b85717eea51438/tumblr_nz4idd3WO61sj4xr4o5_400.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]Those are pretty awesome. That one gets me because of Bret's reaction

Top Bottom