• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Fox318

Not seeing any issue with that. When you have Brock Lesnar destroy the champion, what sense does it make to continue to make him look bad? Let him look as good as possible, it makes Lesnar look better.

except the plan was for Roman to look strong and to be the underdog.

having somebody that Cena straight up can't beat anymore that Roman conquers sets up a Roman-Cena feud.

This all stems from the fact that Vince probably made the single biggest win decision in the companies history at mania 30 1 hour before.

Brock wouldn't have needed that win if they didn't insist on showing him whose boss with his first match back and trying to make HHH look like a legit shoot fighter and show Dana White whose boss then Brock could have lost that match no problem.

Honestly based on Survivor Series last year Ziggler should have been the one to win the Rumble.

He had a huge win, Roman was injured, Bryan was coming back and him losing the rumble was going to get bad heat on Roman.

Plus Ziggler could have lost that matchup and still kept that story alive for Reigns at Summerslam or Backlash.

kiguel182

Honestly its a good grab for Amazon or Netflix.

Hulu already has wrestling content and Lucha Underground should do fantastic numbers.

I agree.

It's both a wrestling product, and from what I've seen, a really polished TV show. It's unique anything they have and also appeals to different markets.

If only they were interested in picking it up....

Sephzilla

Is it a matter of Netflix/Amazon just not being interested or are the Lucha Underground folks just not pushing for a VOD deal hard enough?

"During today’s conference call with Triple H, he noted that they will be taping extra matches at next week’s Takeover: London event to air the following week on TV (similar to what they did in Brooklyn). Triple H stated that
Sami Zayn will wrestle at the Takeover: London tapings; also Elias Samson will debut and they will also tape a fatal four-way match
. This will all be for the following week’s TV."

Sephzilla

They've had talks, interest is there. I think the hangup is just money or exclusivity.

giphy.gif

Fox318

Amazon would be perfect considering they are trying to expand their userbase and it ties into other prime services.

If Lucha Underground was able to easily re-direct people to buy merch from there it would also be a plus.

The El Rey stake really hurts them with regards to trying to get outside deals.

ngower

So why aren't Paige/Becky in the League of Nations? Having Divas in the stable would do wonders to strengthen the profile of the division and would also put all the champs in one area (we all know Paige is gonna win with help from Becky at TLC).

I'm also baffled as to why New Day are involved with LoN at all. Get them out of there. Also, why Owens isn't in.

I like the direction LoN could go, but it seems like they're sorta mishandling it. del Rio and Barrett don't seem to care at all about being in it and I think people could really root for del Rio and Barrett.

I dunno...I'm just looking at the card for Sunday and getting annoyed that it could be so much better with just a few tweaks but it's all a pretty vanilla, predictable rotation of matches.

P.S. Why aren't Ziggler/Breeze involved in this show at all?

Recall

Faction Warfare is a great concept, as it in essence gives so many roster members a reason for their match ups.

Team Heel
Team Face
Team Old
Team Underdogs

Done.

kiguel182

Amazon would be perfect considering they are trying to expand their userbase and it ties into other prime services.

If Lucha Underground was able to easily re-direct people to buy merch from there it would also be a plus.

The El Rey stake really hurts them with regards to trying to get outside deals.

But I only have Netflix so that should be the right option, sorry.

Menome

Faction Warfare is a great concept, as it in essence gives so many roster members a reason for their match ups.

Team Heel
Team Face
Team Old
Team Underdogs

Done.

So we have League of Nations and Roman & Co. for the first two.

Team Please Retire: Kane, Big Show, Mark Henry, Undertaker

Team J.O.B. Squad 2015: Damien Sandow, Fandango, Curtis Axel, Heath Slater

Fox318

So we have League of Nations and Roman & Co. for the first two.

Team Please Retire: Kane, Big Show, Mark Henry, Undertaker

Team J.O.B. Squad 2015: Damien Sandow, Fandango, Curtis Axel, Heath Slater

Team Powerlifter: Cesaro, Rusev, Ryback, Cena

Team Shoot: Brock, Batista, Del Rio, Swagger

Sephzilla

Team Over: Daniel Bryan, Cesaro, Big E, Kofi Kingston (Manager: Xavier Woods)

Team Not Over: Shaemus, Roman Reigns, Kane, Alberto Del Rio (Manager: Vince McMahon)

Zach

Tales from the Borderlands update: finished it last night! It was great! Telltale really needs to upgrade that engine, though...

jmdajr

Team my neck is done: Austin, Edge, D. Bry, Stang

Team lucky to be alive: Jake the Snake, Ric Flair, Scott Hall, Jim Neidhart

Top Bottom