• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

tumblr_nyo34hFj6b1rq5iico1_1280.jpg

Ithil

I especially laughed when HHH and Steph were out there dancing with the New Day, then like two weeks later Stephanie had a backstage segment where she shat all over them and made them look like geeks.

somedevil

From the Triple H conference call. He basically announced what will be happening on the taped episode of NXT that happens after the Takerover special:
Fatal Four Way:

Jordan & Gable vs. The Vaudevillians vs. Hype Bros. vs. Blake & Murphy

Elias Sampson debut

Plus Sami Zayn will wrestle though people are not sure it will be for the Takeover Special or the NXT episode taping after.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alexa Bliss is a national treasure, you guys.

I liked her sparkle fairy look, but her current incarnation is superb.

I wonder if it's too edgy for her to go by Alexa Bitch. That'd be dope.

Man I watched that Edge/Hardy rivalries episode. Shit was intense. I missed this entire era (left 2001 before returning this year).

Kudos to Matt for finding a way to remain professional at the end of the day and working with Edge to create those great matches.

There's a VERY weird video Matt posted somewhere as it was happening where he used a cardboard cutout of edge and ate cereal. It's fuckin weird. Both he and Kevin Sullivan should both be commended for staying professional in their work. Sullivan had his wife taken from him by the dude he was working with and stayed professional and didn't beat the shit out of him, even though he had every right to be incensed.

klonere

Banned
Her promo this week was great. She might be legitimately one of the best talkers in the company already. So natural, zero hesitation, believable and er, super hot ofc.

Menome

I think Alexa Bliss is probably the best female heel on the NXT roster. She fights well, she's got the attitude and promo skills. Out of the recent contenders for the belt, she's the most apt.

Alas, I think it's getting fast-tracked to Nia Jax to then be relinquished to Eva Marie in a switcheroo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't particularly feel she's either good or bad in-ring, but her persona is good, and that shit ain't easily teachable. I'm sure she will excel with time.

Ithil

She's only like 23 and it takes some people a hell of a long time to "get it" in ring. Rusev was boring as shit in NXT, but something clicked with him after he got called up and now he's great. Even Sasha was really nothing in the ring for a long time til suddenly some time last year she just got it.

Give her another year or so, Bliss is gonna be big (well not literally she's about 4 feet tall).

Menome

I honestly think everybody except for Curtis Axel and Cody Rhodes have the talent to be stars in WWE.

I think he needs to let Star Dust run its course until no later than Wrestlemania. It's been entertaining, but it doesn't really have the legs to be a long-term prospect. An intervention, a bump on the head from Titus O'Neill, hit by micro-waves from outer space. Just something to kayfabe-change him back into the moustached wonder.

Fox318

Cody Rhodes is the one person who should go work somewhere outside of WWE.

If WCW was still around he'd be the perfect case of somebody who needs to make a switch.

I honestly think everybody except for Curtis Axel and Cody Rhodes have the talent to be stars in WWE.

Cody has the talent, he's just the most obvious "they're never going to see anything in him" guy who isn't currently hurt or jobbing endlessly. He's better off going to New Japan or ROH where he'll actually be used decently.

Any chance of WWE knowing what the fuck to do with him ended the second they took Stardust/Goldust (a Mania feud both went public for years saying they wanted more than anything and Goldust going as far as to say he'd retire afterward if it happened because it'd be the only way he could see him going out on top)...had it last a month, and end 6 weeks before Mania with a dud PPV match that ended abruptly.

Anybody who saw that and still thought there was anything WWE couldn't fuck up, even something that giftwrapped, is both optimistic and insane. Both beyond repair. And before someone goes "it was a dud feud": they keep a million dud feuds going regardless of crowd reaction after the 5th match, let alone the 1st match. If there was ever a time you keep a dud feud going, it was that. Cody and Dustin would have loved it, and fans would have loved the Mania match ending assuming Goldust's retirement was acknowledged. But nope, instead cut short. Meanwhile Rusev/Lana/Summer/Dolph got 4 months to shit up TV.

Top Bottom