• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Alexa Bliss is great. And more proof that the NXT and Performance Centre system works when you commit to it.

She was totally shit when she arrived and now she is the star of the NXT womens division.

Zach

Alexa Bliss is great. And more proof that the NXT and Performance Centre system works when you commit to it.

She was totally shit when she arrived and now she is the star of the NXT womens division.

Bayley's the star, in my opinion. Then Asuka. Then Alexa.

CV429EQXAAAmOj9.jpg

klonere

Banned
I'll say it again: If you think Finn Balor can be a star over Cody Rhodes, your fucking insane.

From my look back at his entire WWE run Cody has to be the biggest missed opportunity, maybe apart from Big E who is getting a shot now.

He can talk. He can fucking talk in this scripted era and that puts him over 95% of the rest of the roster.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'll say it again: If you think Finn Balor can be a star over Cody Rhodes, your fucking insane.

From my look back at his entire WWE run Cody has to be the biggest missed opportunity, maybe apart from Big E who is getting a shot now.

He can talk. He can fucking talk in this scripted era and that puts him over 95% of the rest of the roster.

Cody Rhodes's draw is "member of the Rhodes family." Finn Balor's gimmick is "indie darling."

There's an obvious reason why people are way more excited for the latter.

Here's what I said could be awesome

😕it sucks that Dusty is dead. It would've been great if one Raw Cody came out as Stardust but he turned back around disappointed.

The cameras follow him back and you see him angry at what he's become, Cody taked the suot off and puts it in a barrel

Thus he begins a promo for the ages on how he's tired of doing dumb stuff such as this and saying his father fought for him so he wouldn't be subject to just being a regular guy.

He goes on to bash the McMahon family for continuously holding his family down but he plans to get revenge.

At the end he burns his Stardust suit.

The next week Dustin comes out to try and talk to Cody but Cody rips him one for wearing that despicable Goldust costuming,

This leads to Cody attacking his brother.

Next week, Cody is seen talking to his wife and he reveals that's something has come over him but he can't quite describe what it is, he's become ugly and his actions are not him at all.

This week Vince comes out to say that he has noticed something quite disturbing and he points at Cody.

Cody comes out apologetic and talks, as he is about to finish he offers a hand shake but this leads to a right hand to Mr.McMahon.

Cody gets back in the mic and says that's for his dad and all the years of screwing the Rhodes family.

Next comes Hunter and Stephanie but Cody leavea through the crowd to end the show.

Next week Raw opens with Hunter and Steph claiming that they understand Cody's frustration and they want to help him.

Cody appears on the jumbotron stating that no one can help him not even his wife. In background she's tied up on the floor and so is Dustin. Cody states that he wants something from them and it's a title shot at the next event.

Hunter and Steph say that they won't grant him one for his actions but Vince comes out and says that he'll get his shot but if he loses then he's fired.

This leads to the match against Cody and whoever. Anyway it seems as if Cody is about to win buy Vince, Hunter and Stephanie comes out. This distracts Cody but he's able to counter his opponent but this leads to the ref getting hit.

Cody's opponent gets the best of him and tries to cover but the ref is knocked out. Vince signals for a new ref to come out but Cody kicks out. His opponent picks him up buy Cody rolls him up and pins him for the 3 winning the title.

He quickly leaves the ring and grabs the belt but The McMahon's stand there in shock.

Cody gets back into the ring and he assaults the ref and his opponent over and over and officials from the back run to save the day but Cody escapes through the crowd.

The next Monday on Raw we start the show with the lights off and in the Ring is Cody with his title in hand and a paper bag.

Cody goes on to state that things got ugly last night and everyone can blame The McMahon's for not being able to take control of theor company.

Cody rambles for a few minutes and he reaches inside of his bag and he pulls out his mask.

He states that he haa also become ugly again as he puts the mask on, and states that this company will never be the same again now that The Rhodes are now on top.

But why would I, as a fan, care what version makes the company more money, if that version is a shitty jobber who doesn't entertain me?

I never insinuated you should. But they didn't "fuck up" a character just because you, one fan, didn't like a change. I don't give a shit about the money the company makes and I guess I'm just not so self-centered as to not understand that if they make a decision that doesn't appeal to me it's because it isn't for me.

klonere

Banned
Cody Rhodes gimmick is "related to Dusty Rhodes" and Finn Balor's gimmick is "indie darling."

There's an obvious reason why people are way more excited for the latter.

Right now Finn's gimmick is bad promo man that repeats corporate buzzwords and paints himself.

Cody's gimmick right now is uh, weird jobber.

(Not disagreeing with you though)

Got a chance to check out the Road to Tokyo Dome cards, I got mixed up with the Puroresu Festival the day before WK10 thinking it was the lineup for the NJ Rumble, it's just the card of matches for the show which just so happens to be guys who don't have WK matches. Still, I expect all of them will be in the Rumble.

Also, I found it interesting that while NJPW gives their main gaijin (like the Bullet Club) the December tour off so they can be with their families for Christmas, they don't give that same honor to the young lion gaijin. Finlay, White, and Juice are set for the tour, and since it ends the 19th I suppose they can fly home and back relatively quickly, but it just kinda seems a little rude for New Japan to withhold these guys from their families. I get that NJPW training is tough and you literally have no time to yourself and you have to pay your dues and whatnot but it kind of rubs me the wrong way.

klonere

Banned
I guess for all my ranting about Cody it doesn't matter at all because he has said he is perfectly happy where he is right now.

Cody appears on the jumbotron stating that no one can help him not even his wife. In background she's tied up on the floor and so is Dustin. Cody states that he wants something from them and it's a title shot at the next event.

I was on board with this story until this.
First, that's not happening... Aside from the blatant fact that it's too evocative of He Who Shall Not Be Named, I don't think that wrestlers should have to commit domestic abuse to get noticed. It also undermines Cody's new character of someone who deserves attention simply because of his family lineage in wrestling.

Finn better stay in NXT for as long as possible. He won't get anywhere on the main roster. I do really wanna see him make one entrance at mania tho.

I was on board with this story until this.
First, that's not happening... Aside from the blatant fact that it's too evocative of He Who Shall Not Be Named, I don't think that wrestlers should have to commit domestic abuse to get noticed. It also undermines Cody's new character of someone who deserves attention simply because of his family lineage in wrestling.
When I typed that, I totally forgot about that; although, the last week I've been ranting in my head that Benoit really killed everything that WWE can do.

Ithil

isn't Finn like 5'9?

lel

he'll be main eventing superstars with neville after a month

He's also good looking and a lot more charismatic than Neville. His height and accent will be against him but he's got a lot more for him in WWE than Neville did.
Not to mention all the t-shirts his demon shtick can print.

😕it sucks that Dusty is dead. It would've been great if one Raw Cody came out as Stardust but he turned back around disappointed.

The cameras follow him back and you see him angry at what he's become, Cody taked the suot off and puts it in a barrel

Thus he begins a promo for the ages on how he's tired of doing dumb stuff such as this and saying his father fought for him so he wouldn't be subject to just being a regular guy.

He goes on to bash the McMahon family for continuously holding his family down but he plans to get revenge.

At the end he burns his Stardust suit.

The next week Dustin comes out to try and talk to Cody but Cody rips him one for wearing that despicable Goldust costuming,

This leads to Cody attacking his brother.

Next week, Cody is seen talking to his wife and he reveals that's something has come over him but he can't quite describe what it is, he's become ugly and his actions are not him at all.

This week Vince comes out to say that he has noticed something quite disturbing and he points at Cody.

Cody comes out apologetic and talks, as he is about to finish he offers a hand shake but this leads to a right hand to Mr.McMahon.

Cody gets back in the mic and says that's for his dad and all the years of screwing the Rhodes family.

Next comes Hunter and Stephanie but Cody leavea through the crowd to end the show.

Next week Raw opens with Hunter and Steph claiming that they understand Cody's frustration and they want to help him.

Hunter and Steph say that they won't grant him one for his actions but Vince comes out and says that he'll get his shot but if he loses then he's fired.

This leads to the match against Cody and whoever. Anyway it seems as if Cody is about to win buy Vince, Hunter and Stephanie comes out. This distracts Cody but he's able to counter his opponent but this leads to the ref getting hit.

Cody's opponent gets the best of him and tries to cover but the ref is knocked out. Vince signals for a new ref to come out but Cody kicks out. His opponent picks him up buy Cody rolls him up and pins him for the 3 winning the title.

He quickly leaves the ring and grabs the belt but The McMahon's stand there in shock.

Cody gets back into the ring and he assaults the ref and his opponent over and over and officials from the back run to save the day but Cody escapes through the crowd.

The next Monday on Raw we start the show with the lights off and in the Ring is Cody with his title in hand and a paper bag.

Cody goes on to state that things got ugly last night and everyone can blame The McMahon's for not being able to take control of theor company.

Cody rambles for a few minutes and he reaches inside of his bag and he pulls out his mask.

He states that he haa also become ugly again as he puts the mask on, and states that this company will never be the same again now that The Rhodes are now on top.

CVq-WptWIAAaw0C.jpg

klonere

Banned
Finn better stay in NXT for as long as possible. He won't get anywhere on the main roster. I do really wanna see him make one entrance at mania tho.

Hunter has said as much.

DaKingofKings said:
“Finn has expressed no desire to be called up, he wants to ground himself in NXT.”

Triple H doesn’t want to rush him up due to injuries on the main roster as there will be too many guys and not many places to fill once everyone gets healthy again.

“I hate taking a guy like Finn Balor and saying, ‘Hey look, you’re the band-aid to hold us over until these other guys come back and then we’ll see from there.’ If we don’t have that game plan in place when we call these guys up, especially a guy like Finn Balor, then it’s not the right time. You need to have something in your mind and hopefully a long-term plan in place that gets them to where you want them to be. Or at least that would be the goal.”

from the conference call on NXT today

somedevil

isn't Finn like 5'9?

lel

he'll be main eventing superstars with neville after a month

He is 5'11. Plus you know they are paying him more than the usual NXT star to bring him over.

The guy sells the merchandise and from Triple H conference call he is protective of him coming to Raw until the storyline is perfect.

Plus when did New Japan become an Indie?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Finn was never an indie guy. He did a few European indies sometimes but not enough to count.

Let's just pretend everything that isn't WWE is basically wrestling in the gymnasium of a technical high school because that's how WWE sees it.

Anth0ny

He's also good looking and a lot more charismatic than Neville. His height and accent will be against him but he's got a lot more for him in WWE than Neville did.
Not to mention all the t-shirts his demon shtick can print.

those are all very nice things

but he's 5'9

he'll be main eventing superstars with neville in a month

exrVjZ0.jpg

Top Bottom