• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Heroman

Banned
I saw him up close at NXT Austin.

He's 5'9". It was also his billed height in NJPW.
fdede0c64453e3328b4379dcb25a586d.jpg

He almost the same height as owen who is 6 foot, he is not 5 9

finnnexttosheamus.jpg

Sheamus is huge, the dude is like 6 4 most of the roster would look small when compard to him.

Ithil

Everybody walking around with cyborg measuring tape eyes
Don't you ever compare hbk to these spineless jellyfish of today. You hear me.

EVER!

We'll back a dumptruck of cocaine up to Finn's house and in his paranoid coked state will convince him everyone's out to steal his spot and must be eliminated from contention.
That'll do the trick.

We'll back a dumptruck of cocaine up to Finn's house and in his paranoid coked state will convince him everyone's out to steal his spot and must be eliminated from contention.
That'll do the trick.

You say that like it isn't a time honored tradition in pro wrestling

Everybody walking around with cyborg measuring tape eyes

That'll do the trick.
Perfect

somedevil

The crowd has been mental in a good way according to Maffew's tweets. It's getting me more and more excited for Takeover next week.

I laughed at the tweet of two fans fighting outside during intermission and getting thrown into a police van.

Plus it seems Gable and Jordan are insanely over. Jason Jordan most be thanking god for Gable. He went from no reaction jobber close to being cut to insanely over and guaranteed a main roster spot.

edit: Final Newcastle NXT house show card

Zayn vs Balor
Neville vs Corbin
Emma vs Bayley
Gable and Jordan vs Dash and Dawson
Samoa Joe vs Apollo Crews
Asuka vs Alexa Bliss
Tye Dillenger vs Bull Dempsey
Enzo and Cass vs Blake and Murphy

61pKTrqPQiL._SY300_.jpg

how cool!

I was honestly asking! I usually bribe the kids during lessons to be good, and reward them with the Match Attax cards, which are football trading cards. However a few kids asked if they could have Slam Attax instead, and I was like wait... they do wrestling ones?! Now I'm intrigued.

There's about as much thought put in my posts as there is SD shows.

Usually a lot of lol, rofl, or lmfao.

Not much seriousness.

Or care, kinda sad.

My new found favourite wrestler this month is...

Late 80s Early 90s Ted DiBiase. Man what a character that was! So well booked, so well played it's on another level watching it as an adult now. As a kid I hated him, always cheating and buying his way in and out of things. Everything about him is the perfect heel, I'm not sure if something would work these days (perhaps JBL was the closest we've had?) but back then it works so well.

For a long time I legit thought he was wealthy, and I'm talking about like until my early teens, so you're talking until at least 1995 or so!

The one thing I've not enjoyed is Roddy Piper on commentary with Vince McMahon, which has just happened ~ November 1990. Was this around the time Jesse left for more money elsewhere?

Kaladin

Late 80s Early 90s Ted DiBiase. Man what a character that was! So well booked, so well played it's on another level watching it as an adult now. As a kid I hated him, always cheating and buying his way in and out of things. Everything about him is the perfect heel, I'm not sure if something would work these days (perhaps JBL was the closest we've had?) but back then it works so well.

For a long time I legit thought he was wealthy, and I'm talking about like until my early teens, so you're talking until at least 1995 or so!

The one thing I've not enjoyed is Roddy Piper on commentary with Vince McMahon, which has just happened ~ November 1990. Was this around the time Jesse left for more money elsewhere?

I'm loving '96 Jim Cornette. While the matches aren't always great (I'm looking at you international incident) Cornette elevated the Camp Cornette crew to the point of being an effective heel stable. One could argue that outside of an awesome Undertaker year, Cornette carried WWE in '96.

Man, I hated 96 Cornette and his old wrinkly NWA Invasion! I remember thinking that these guys look plain and small compared to all the WWF guys. It'll be interesting seeing it all again though.

Kaladin

Man, I hated 96 Cornette and his old wrinkly NWA Invasion! I remember thinking that these guys look plain and small compared to all the WWF guys. It'll be interesting seeing it all again though.

Well, when you look at what you had on WCW at the time, it was easy to overlook WWE and Camp Cornette. But in watching it now, I'm enjoying Cornette's run as the classic heel manager. He puts over his guys, but at the same time he puts over being afraid of his opponents when appropriate, like when they announced Psycho Sid as Ultimate Warrior's replacement, which is something missing from Heyman who shows no fear until Brock starts to stumble during the matches themselves. Cornette also tries to use any dirty trick or loop hole in or not in the book to get his guys ahead, and that's some good story telling there.

Ted was really down for the cause, he was a big player heel in the late 80s and he helped a bundle with the new generation being one of the biggest heel managers. He took a backseat and used money to hire wrestlers to do the dirty work that he once did. Very underrated.

Top Bottom