• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Kaladin

Seriously, we need a heel manager again. It's a shame Enzo and Cass are so over, Enzo would make a great heel manager on the main roster.

Colocho

Banned
Here are my TLC predictions:

Everybody retains, the Wyatts go over the oldies.and nothing interesting or relevant happens at all, except for maybe some fun spots in the tag title match. Hooray for Vince...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
fdede0c64453e3328b4379dcb25a586d.jpg

He almost the same height as owen who is 6 foot, he is not 5 9
All of these guys are billed an additional 2-4 inches.

Well, when you look at what you had on WCW at the time, it was easy to overlook WWE and Camp Cornette. But in watching it now, I'm enjoying Cornette's run as the classic heel manager. He puts over his guys, but at the same time he puts over being afraid of his opponents when appropriate, like when they announced Psycho Sid as Ultimate Warrior's replacement, which is something missing from Heyman who shows no fear until Brock starts to stumble during the matches themselves. Cornette also tries to use any dirty trick or loop hole in or not in the book to get his guys ahead, and that's some good story telling there.
I wish that he was welcomed back because he's needed on and off the camera.

somedevil

Whoever wrote those Smackdown spoilers made some mistakes. Kevin Owens was not in the main event it was another 8 man tag,

Someone is protecting him by keeping him out of the Sheamus vs Reigns feud cause on Smackdown again Sheamus and company did not come out on top in the 2 segments they were in.

Kaladin

I have a feeling we'll get an Owens run at the top some time in 2016. He's probably going to be up for Money In The Bank. He's much more protected than anyone at his level, which is surprising for WWE.

Recall

So after listening to all the New Generation Project Poscasts I thought I might as well pick up the Titan Sinking and Titan Shatered books that cover WWF in 1995 and 1996 respectively as they had mentioned them as being worthy reads. Only to find that everything worth noting in those books had been lifted word for word in the podcasts themselves making the books totally redundant.

I was expecting the same info because the past is the past but them to have just basically lifted whole paragraphs word for word as it was their own is quite a let down.

What exactly happened to AJ?

He's not saying, but according to Da Meltz it's a herniated disc in his back, which will require surgery and he'll be out 6-9 months. Problem is he has four ginormous matches coming up: vs. Lethal at Final Battle, vs. Nakamura at WK10, and matches against Sabre Jr. and Mysterio, and Styles doesn't want to miss them considering A. the payday and B. they will all be potential MOTY candidates.

So DDP to the rescue!

Kaladin

I do find it interesting that those ratings threads are always full of people who are never over here on the community side. They probably lurk here, but only post in OT.

Whoever wrote those Smackdown spoilers made some mistakes. Kevin Owens was not in the main event it was another 8 man tag,

Someone is protecting him by keeping him out of the Sheamus vs Reigns feud cause on Smackdown again Sheamus and company did not come out on top in the 2 segments they were in.
you'll see why this Sunday 😉

So after listening to all the New Generation Project Poscasts I thought I might as well pick up the Titan Sinking and Titan Shatered books that cover WWF in 1995 and 1996 respectively as they had mentioned them as being worthy reads. Only to find that everything worth noting in those books had been lifted word for word in the podcasts themselves making the books totally redundant.

I was expecting the same info because the past is the past but them to have just basically lifted whole paragraphs word for word as it was their own is quite a let down.
Good thing I don't do podcasts as I want to download that book.

Gonzalez

Banned
Nope, but it's the only thing I remember from the whole movie.
I feel the same way. I hated that movie, but the added scene with Harry Heck that wasn't in the screenplay might have been one the best put together original action scenes in the past 15 years. Too bad the rest of the movie isn't like that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yessss, another thread about WWE's creative direction. Brings things up in here.

Let's talk about tag team tournaments. Holy FUCK the Crockett Cup 86 is fucking unbelievable.

Kaladin

Yessss, another thread about WWE's creative direction. Brings things up in here.

It's valid discussion. The current product is down and there are enough fans that think so that even Triple H reacts to it.

There's also chance to bring lapsed fans into the discussion.....slim chance I grant you, but still.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People need to accept that wrestling is NEVER going to be as big as it was. WWE will either dwindle down more or die off and wrestling will have a few NJPW-sized promotions as well as a large scattering of smaller promotions in America, Japan, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and parts of Europe. The ceiling will lower for how far a wrestler can go, and it will become a lot like the joshi landscape is right now.

That's just the reality of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People need to accept that wrestling is NEVER going to be as big as it was. WWE will either dwindle down more or die off and wrestling will have a few NJPW-sized promotions as well as a large scattering of smaller promotions in America, Japan, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and parts of Europe. The ceiling will lower for how far a wrestler can go, and it will become a lot like the joshi landscape is right now.

And that's fine. It doesn't affect my enjoyment.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And that's fine. It doesn't affect my enjoyment.
It will affect your enjoyment because wrestlers will start retiring earlier and earlier when the potential pay ceiling is lowered. Most joshis retire in their early 30s now because they get out while they can still make a career doing something else because they hit the roof at 25.

Gonzalez

Banned
If Shinsuke comes to the WWE, and they use him correctly... He will be big... BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG! He has nailed down Michael Jacksons charisma without being a total ripoff.

Huge crossover potential with that guy.

Entropia

No One Remembers
If Shinsuke comes to the WWE, and they use him correctly... He will be big... BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG! He has nailed down Michael Jacksons charisma without being a total ripoff.

Huge crossover potential with that guy.

This makes as little sense as your post on the last page.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It will affect your enjoyment because wrestlers will start retiring earlier and earlier when the potential pay ceiling is lowered. Most joshis retire in their early 30s now because they get out while they can still make a career doing something else because they hit the roof at 25.

ehh. I'm not that worried. These people have no future.

I doubt a territory system could even survive in America these days. If WWE downsized to that level the job market would dry up in a few years.

Maybe it could survive in Mexico and Japan, where it's still held with some history, but they aren't immune to piss poor managing either.

Top Bottom