• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

JavyOO7

WtUO5Wp.gif

Jesus christ, that fan had a great arm and aim to hit Scott on the head like that.

Fox318

Jesus christ, that fan had a great arm and aim to hit Scott on the head like that.

I think he was aming to hit anyone.

I know its kinda weird but I miss trash being thrown in the ring a little.

I mean to get a crowd that mad that they would chuck their $7 beer is gone today. In PR the light pennies with lighters and chuck them at heels.

closest thing we have is this

GkGO5ffl.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWEh as always been strict about fans throwing stuff in the ring because their main eventers are babbys like Shawn Michaels and
GkGO5ffl.jpg

who would probably stop the entire show if they got hit with trash.

Finally getting caught up on NXT, and that Bayley/Eva Marie match was some fun, incredible story-telling. All those shenanigans, and our hero still comes out on top.

Just wonderful.

Fox318

WWEh as always been strict about fans throwing stuff in the ring because their main eventers are babbys like Shawn Michaels and
GkGO5ffl.jpg

who would probably stop the entire show if they got hit with trash.

Is there not a single facet of the wrestling industry that was ruined by the kliq?

Wrestling really has become entertainment.

If wrestling was a shoot these guys wouldn't stop for shit.

Finally getting caught up on NXT, and that Bayley/Eva Marie match was some fun, incredible story-telling. All those shenanigans, and our hero still comes out on top.

Just wonderful.

It really was, I had a blast watching it. Awesome awesome stuff. Im going to watch it again tonight.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting talk on Bauer and Pollock about the Bryan situation. Lots of good perspective in there. He'll easily never wrestle for WWE again, and you shouldn't want to see him anywhere else, because that turns into the "kill yourself for my entertainment" scenario.

Fox318

Interesting talk on Bauer and Pollock about the Bryan situation. Lots of good perspective in there. He'll easily never wrestle for WWE again, and you shouldn't want to see him anywhere else, because that turns into the "kill yourself for my entertainment" scenario.

So he'll be in Bellator?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there not a single facet of the wrestling industry that was ruined by the kliq?

Wrestling really has become entertainment.

If wrestling was a shoot these guys wouldn't stop for shit.

Stop blaming the Kliq when it was Shawn. It was just Shawn.

Watch any wrestler shoot interview from that era, EVERYONE hates Shawn. Some people hate Nash or Hall but not near as much as they hate Shawn.

There's apparently a recent interview going around, where Bryan says WWE offered him an announcing/coaching position at the Performance Center, which seems like such a better thing for him.

But dude wants to 'wrassle.

bring him in regardless!

as you say vinnie mac, these people mostly don't have futures anyway

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So, how about today's roster? What kind of dope-ass rivalries can you think of that you'd like to see from a story and character perspective?

e43d3593461b15b1db2d12990d76254f.jpg

Tribute-to-the-Troops-Cena-645x370.jpg

The back and forth would be amazing. Both provide easy pickings for the other in promo form. And the match could be solid too.

Sephzilla

They need to rename X-Pac Heat to Eva Marie Heat.

Alright guys, unstoppable force vs immovable object time! If you pair Eva Marie with Del Rio or Shaemus, do ADR or Shaemus inherit all of the heat Eva Marie gets or does Eva Marie's heat get lost into the void of "nobody gives a fuck" that makes up Shaemus and ADR?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's apparently a recent interview going around, where Bryan says WWE offered him an announcing/coaching position at the Performance Center, which seems like such a better thing for him.

There's a real reason why WWE doctors won't clear him. It's no wonder WWE won't let him wrestle. Regardless of what his own personal doctor says, the WWE doctor, who has the entire company's best interests in mind, and in effect has the best interests of the wrestler is mind, will not clear him.

It was said on the show nobody would feel comfortable with watching him back in Japan, or anything, and I have to agree. On top of that, I think once we see Foley start to lose something neurologically, people will stop begging for their faves to entertain them, and hopefully take care of themselves.

Fox318

at NXT in Brooklyn the heat towards Eva Marie was nuts.

They muted it in the TV version but live it was insane. I actually felt sorry for her.

Heroman

Banned

Bryan has said that he isn't good coach, he has a hard time motivating someone who isn't already motivated.

e43d3593461b15b1db2d12990d76254f.jpg

Tribute-to-the-Troops-Cena-645x370.jpg

The back and forth would be amazing. Both provide easy pickings for the other in promo form. And the match could be solid too.

That'd be exceptionally entertaining. I don't think even John Cena could bury Steiner.

Evolution was pretty much formed to beat up steiner lol. They needed 4 guys to take on big papa pump

at NXT in Brooklyn the heat towards Eva Marie was nuts.

They muted it in the TV version but live it was insane. I actually felt sorry for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbEbFcv8Ma8

you ain't kidding

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm surprised ProWrestlingTees don't have a '#MakeRomanLookStrong' shirt.

btw Colt just had Punk on his podcast as a friend and to give him a safe place to talk. and not to sell a bunch of t-shirts. definitely not about the money.

jmdajr

According to a report by the Texas Tribune released Friday, Texas will cough up $2.7 million from public coffers to bring a the Super Bowl of professional wrestling (mania 32) to the state.

Taking a peek at Chapter 24, Production has taken a bit of a hit with the move to Manchester, but understandable with a new venue. Nothing that can't be fixed (I don't think.)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone mentioned it in here the other day so I decided to spend my lunch re-watching the Rivalries with Edge and Matt Hardy. Man, that was some CRAZY shit. Matt showing up and yelling for people to see him in RoH in like, 2005. Underappreciated angle. It really retroactively takes a lot of wind out of Punk's "pipebomb" promo considering how dope it was back then and how they executed it.

notworksafe

If WWE doc won't clear Bryan, it's probably because he doesn't want the company to get sued if he gets seriously injured. Which means he thinks there a real chance of him getting seriously injured.

I'd love to see him in the ring again but I don't want Bryan leaving and going somewhere else to get injured there.

Ithil

If WWE doc won't clear Bryan, it's probably because he doesn't want the company to get sued if he gets seriously injured. Which means he thinks there a real chance of him getting seriously injured.

I'd love to see him in the ring again but I don't want Bryan leaving and going somewhere else to get injured there.

It's because they're in the middle of a concussion lawsuit, and he went down with a concussion in April. Even though he's been cleared by his own doctor, they won't clear him.

Someone mentioned it in here the other day so I decided to spend my lunch re-watching the Rivalries with Edge and Matt Hardy. Man, that was some CRAZY shit. Matt showing up and yelling for people to see him in RoH in like, 2005. Underappreciated angle. It really retroactively takes a lot of wind out of Punk's "pipebomb" promo considering how dope it was back then and how they executed it.

... And much like the Punk pipebomb, the aftermath and payoff to that angle SUCKED ASS. I'd say "poor Matt" but really he was nowhere near Edge's league to sustain a rivalry

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah. Which is basically the crux of the issue. Smaller companies don't give a fuck and want the payday.

Scott Hall is. More charisma, better look, more style, better promos. Unless you're impressed by the flippy dippies.
More charisma, I may give him but as far as in doing performance, not so much.

Whilst many of those hate him, they always said he at least had something to prove that he should be on the top.

If I'm the best I'm going to try and hold my fucking spot too lol.

Sephzilla

Bryan wont get cleared to wrestle again for 1 of 2 reasons

1) He's too much of a risk

2) Him coming back would sabotage Roman's push

I'm willing to bet the real reason is for #1. I wouldn't be surprised of #2 played a part as well.

Heroman

Banned
It's because they're in the middle of a concussion lawsuit, and he went down with a concussion in April. Even though he's been cleared by his own doctor, they won't clear him.
Which is werid cause they are letting Tommy "16 concussion" dreamer wrestle a ppv match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
... And much like the Punk pipebomb, the aftermath and payoff to that angle SUCKED ASS. I'd say "poor Matt" but really he was nowhere near Edge's league to sustain a rivalry

Yeah, the buildup was much more exciting than the payoff, by far. Man, those crowd were white hot for poor lil Matt. And Edge looked like such an asshole. And that Lita Byte This segment was uncomfortable as HELL

RBH

It was going good.......until Matt Hardy did his first promo and proceeded to wish that Edge would get killed in a car crash.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
More charisma, I may give him but as far as in doing performance, not so much.

Whilst many of those hate him, they always said he at least had something to prove that he should be on the top.

If I'm the best I'm going to try and hold my fucking spot too lol.

He wasn't even the best in the ring either at that time. Bret was better and Owen was as good as he was. Every wrestler has the 'I've got something to prove' shit because no one is going to say 'yeah Vince handpicked me to be the top guy' except like Sid or Nash or someone who doesn't care. Bret had just as much shit to fight through as Shawn did and only ever really got the title when Vince's roster was in shambles

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Which is werid cause they are letting Tommy "16 concussion" dreamer wrestle a ppv match.

If he's cleared, he's cleared.

It was going good.......until Matt Hardy did his first promo and proceeded to wish that Edge would get killed in a car crash.

He was saying some WILD shit. It's nuts.

Menome

Man remember when they used to have people that were "on the shelf" cut promos or become commentators to keep their heat? I have no idea why WWE doesn't do that anymore.

Heck, there's an opening for "Director of Operations" that's been vacant for two months. Have Bryan come back and take that role in their kayfabe approach to "fixing " WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Heck, there's an opening for "Director of Operations" that's been vacant for two months. Have Bryan come back and take that role in their kayfabe approach to "fixing " WWE.

AND THEN KANE COULD COME BACK

AND THEY BOTH COULD BE THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS

I'M THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS!

NO I'M THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS!

Man, that would be fun.

Top Bottom