• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Fox318

If he's cleared, he's cleared.

He was saying some WILD shit. It's nuts.

"If he's well, he's well"

8swpyRDh.jpg

KSTNrarh.jpg

QcA6eaHh.jpg

Heroman

Banned
If he's cleared, he's cleared.

That calls into question how do they clear people, Tommy Dreamer who has said that he has at least gotten 16 concussion as well as has suffered terrible memory loss as a result and had has blackouts vs Bryan who has gotten clear by 2 doctor saying he good to wrestle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That calls into question how do they clear people, Tommy Dreamer who has said that he has at least gotten 16 concussion as well as has suffered terrible memory loss as a result and had has blackouts vs Bryan who has gotten clear by 2 doctor saying he good to wrestle.

I don't pretend to know what's actually wrong with Bryan. Do you know something about his condition that hasn't been made public knowledge?

Jerm411

Someone mentioned it in here the other day so I decided to spend my lunch re-watching the Rivalries with Edge and Matt Hardy. Man, that was some CRAZY shit. Matt showing up and yelling for people to see him in RoH in like, 2005. Underappreciated angle. It really retroactively takes a lot of wind out of Punk's "pipebomb" promo considering how dope it was back then and how they executed it.

Agreed...it was awesome because you knew it was an angle but there was a small part of you thinking just what the hell exactly is going on here?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

They ask Bryan what he ate for breakfast and if he replies with something that sounds like it tastes good they know he's making shit up because he can't remember

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed...it was awesome because you knew it was an angle but there was a small part of you thinking just what the hell exactly is going on here?

The fact that when you drilled down, that shit between Lita and Edge and Matt DID happen, and that's gotta sting. So you felt yeah Matt was keeping it together, but WHAT IF he goes too far? And he felt like he did, which was excellent.

Jerm411

The fact that when you drilled down, that shit between Lita and Edge and Matt DID happen, and that's gotta sting. So you felt yeah Matt was keeping it together, but WHAT IF he goes too far? And he felt like he did, which was excellent.

Exactly and I know it may sound silly now, but I can't lie...there was a part of me thinking well what if he shoots or goes into business for himself?

Because of my frustration of not finding Miis of New Day, I just made my own. Big E looks great, not sure about Kofi and Xavier. I'll upload later to see how you guys like them.

Kaladin

Legit question, something I didn't understand at the time.

Were fans throwing things in the ring at the nWo because they didn't like the angle or because the angle worked so well they actually hated them as heels so much they had to throw things at them?

Sephzilla

Legit question, something I didn't understand at the time.

Were fans throwing things in the ring at the nWo because they didn't like the angle or because the angle worked so well they actually hated them as heels so much they had to throw things at them?

When Hogan initially turned they threw trash into the ring in disgust. After that I think throwing trash into the ring when the nWo was out just ended up being the cool thing to do.

Kaladin

When Hogan initially turned they threw trash into the ring in disgust. After that I think throwing trash into the ring when the nWo was out just ended up being the cool thing to do.

I can see that.

Shame we would never let something like that happen today on a regular basis though. It happened in TNA, I remember with "they're here" and Jeff Hardy turning heel, but again, only once.

Today, if there was any fan that wanted to throw something in the ring they would be arrested on the spot.

Working in news you see some shit, a racoom home invasion.

Anyway I thought of that racoon and thought of the repo man.

###READ ME###

What I'm getting at is kinda weird because we moved away from this shit and it's what really sent WWE sinking once before.

But could making these wrestlers characters again bring back some entertainment?

You have a roster that's just full of character less people and they're almost the same.

Kane, Taker, Cody, Goldust, Bray, and a select few are the only ones with characters that make you suspend your belief.

I heard when Ryback was in development he was like a Cyborg or Terminator like character(which is why I call him Ryborg). I said he should come out with a red laser eye and wear Vader's entrance attire.

The Ascension, poor them they got the shaft on the main roster.

Maybe some of these characters need to be teachers, Caveman, or firefighters. You will know who to cheer for and who to boo.

I look at some of these guys and say, this guy looks cool, I'm going to cheer for him. Or this guy looks bummy, I don't like him (even though I'm supposed to).

Maybe just maybe idk. You can also blame Dean Douglas for this random thought.

I give myself an F, to elf myself because this will be launched at lol.

I think damien sandow's been hilarious in whatever gimmick he's been thrown into. Pretty overwhelming odds against him and he still managed to entertain me.

an 'average joe i drink 6-packs' kind of character for kevin owens would work. he's great but appearance-wise the dude looks so unathletic and different from the rest of the squad.

I'm a Damien Sandow mark. Of course I support this.
I forgot all about him since he's on Superstars and Main Event.

These indy guys really fucked up the product not Vince. Most of them were just wrestlers and no character. Look what Punk, AJ, and Danielson have done to my childhood past time.

/s

Or am I?

Thorakai

I can see that.

Shame we would never let something like that happen today on a regular basis though. It happened in TNA, I remember with "they're here" and Jeff Hardy turning heel, but again, only once.

Today, if there was any fan that wanted to throw something in the ring they would be arrested on the spot.

I want to say the last time trash was thrown in a WWE ring was when the Big Show won the ECW title in Philly.

notworksafe

I loved when Cena was at the Hammerstein for One Night Stand and the crowd threw his shirt/hat back at him a few times and then tossed toliet paper in the ring. The height of Cena hate, heh.

Correct me if I'm wrong, WcW was more like how WWE is right now character wise.

Your top guys

Hogan, Hall, Nash, Goldberh, DDP, The Giant and Ric Flair were just guys who had the personality instead of gimmicks. Whereas a lot of the lower card guys had cartoomy gimmicks.

With exception of Sting who was like what Taker is now(even though he was a surfer at first).

I really only watched the first hour of Nitro and The Saturday night wrestling as a kid as far as WcW went. That's why I ask.

I'm rambling, sorry if my thoughts are all jumbled up

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I loved when Cena was at the Hammerstein for One Night Stand and the crowd threw his shirt/hat back at him a few times and then tossed toliet paper in the ring. The height of Cena hate, heh.

Cena was so perfect in that role. It was awesome. He's perfect.

notworksafe

I remember that happened to him against Punk, and we got that great gif of Del Rio clapping
Really? I don't think I saw that when it happened. Or I just have terrible memory (more likely).

Cena was so perfect in that role. It was awesome. He's perfect.
Dude can really adapt to any role he needs to on the fly. Part of why he'll probably kill it in Hollywood. Trainwreck really proved how great he can be in a movie when he's given good direction

Top Bottom