• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Hypothetical question time! Let's say you guys were exploring the ancient ruins of NeoGAF, and you stumbled upon a machine that could restore someone's youth and, more importantly, bring them back to full health. Which wrestler would you use it on?

Living ones, BTW. This machine can't restore the dead.

There's a lot of good ones listed and I agree with a lot of them, so I'll say Bret Hart.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Remember those good-ass "Fantasy Warfare" WWE All-Stars promo packages? In case you missed them, here's some, and no I won't link the Punk vs Austin one because someone else will, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWgUSdVb3bE

A piece of their list:

HbQHtPw.png

So, how about today's roster? What kind of dope-ass rivalries can you think of that you'd like to see from a story and character perspective?

Hypothetical question time! Let's say you guys were exploring the ancient ruins of NeoGAF, and you stumbled upon a machine that could restore someone's youth and, more importantly, bring them back to full health. Which wrestler would you use it on?

Damnit, fuck!

Gimme more HBK

I like Morrison and all but he got dealt one heck of a bad matchup in All Stars.

Well anyway for the question Sunny has posed, Mankind vs Bray Wyatt could be a fun ruck of madmen trying to outmad each other.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like Morrison and all but he got dealt one heck of a bad matchup in All Stars.

Well anyway for the question Sunny has posed, Mankind vs Bray Wyatt could be a fun ruck of madmen trying to outmad each other.

Good answer. Some others I'd go with:

New Day vs Freebirds
Kevin Owens vs Jim Neidhart
Rick Martel vs Fandango

Hmm, a lot to think about...

Braun Strowman vs Hillbilly Jim if Strowman continues on his path. Hillbilly Jim was a heck of a hoss.

Oh! Rusev vs Iron Sheik!

I legitimately forgot about Miz inheriting the figure four.
See this is what happens when you keep bringing Flair back on TV, no pros, only cons.

Remember those good-ass "Fantasy Warfare" WWE All-Stars promo packages? In case you missed them, here's some, and no I won't link the Punk vs Austin one because someone else will, but:

A piece of their list:

HbQHtPw.png

So, how about today's roster? What kind of dope-ass rivalries can you think of that you'd like to see from a story and character perspective?

Big E vs. Scott Norton is obvious, but not high profile enough.

Carlito vs. Razor Ramon would have been as hilariously one sided as the John Morrison one.

And how can we do this without Kevin Nash vs. Roman Reigns?

But I'd most want to see Rusev vs. Umaga, battle of the foreign monsters with five letter names.

Triple H vs. Vince would be another. Throw Shane in there too.

Big Show vs. Andre, father vs. son.

Luke Harper vs. Bruiser Brody, since Luke takes so much of his look from Bruiser Brody.

Cesaro vs. Mr. Perfect in battle of the good midcard hands.

Sasha vs. Alundra Blayze in a battle of the women wrestlers.

Kalisto vs. Rey, but Kalisto is nowhere near that level.

Neville vs. Evan Bourne or Paul London, but that's definitely too low profile.

Rollins vs. Owen Hart could be a sneaky interesting pairing.

Haha, bloke I was talking to at PROGRESS was legitimately pissed the fuck off that "ONE FALL!" was starting to sneak into PROGRESS crowds. "Jim doesn't pause before saying 'one fall', so they shouldn't chant it".

I mean I'm not fuming about it, but I don't like it

Hercules vs Ryback. Battle of the heavyweights.

Punk vs HBK. Battle of the promos

Tito Santana vs Del Rio

Martel vs Stardust- they're both only care about themselves

A piece of their list:

HbQHtPw.png

isn't Roddy Piper canadian?

Penguin

A piece of their list:

HbQHtPw.png

Random one

Paige vs Sunny

The Anti-Diva vs the Original Diva

You guys have to ask yourselves, why am I creating this OT? Should I create this OT? Will anyone even want to watch this show? Will anyone even need to seperate these few pages from the main OT?

I think you will come to same conclusion as me and know that we do not need a TLC OT, nor have we ever needed a TLC OT.

Instead, make a thread about Lucha Underground.

As Kaladin pointed out earlier there are a lot of people who discuss wrestling without coming to this thread. Frankly I don't blame them and I don't think anyone should be forced to be associated with this hateful community just because they want to discuss a WWE show.

RBH

Sting says that he will require neck surgery:

“Obviously [at Night of Champions] I had some problems. Both buckle bombs — not Seth’s fault, completely mine, I have no idea what I did, I have no idea — but my neck whiplashed on both of them. On the second one, he picked me up and I’m having a casual conversation in my own mind as I’m hoisted up on his shoulders thinking ‘okay, Steve, tuck your chin. Do what you know how to do. This is ridiculous.’ I wasn’t worried at all, even though the first one I had a shock going down the left and right thigh down both down to the fingertips. And I thought ‘oh man’ you can see me in the ring trying to shake my hands out and get feeling back in my hands. And then the second time, again, having the casual conversation, and then for whatever reason I clicked out, checked out, I don’t know what happened but I did the same thing. This time, it affected my legs. Yeah, there was just no strength. The power in my legs was just kinda going away and I felt like I didn’t have control over them, and I didn’t. I had a temporary paralysis. For a few minutes I thought ‘I don’t think I can continue, I think I’m done. But I can’t do this, the stakes are so high, and I can’t do this to Seth.’ Anyway, then the crowd starts chanting and everything else. Somehow or another it just kinda came back enough where ‘okay, I can do another minute or two here and get out of this thing.'”

“MRI’s and neurologists have been looking at it, Dr. Maroon out of Pittsburgh, he’s looked at it. He’s telling me that I’ll have to have a surgery. The dust only in the last couple weeks has kind of started to settle a little bit for me, just trying to get so much done in life but now it’s time to go get this thing taken care of. No, I’m hoping (they don’t have to do a fusion surgery). I know that’s one of the techniques that they use and I’m not sure if Dr. Maroon will have to do that or not. I’ve got two spots in my neck that are troublesome. I guess it’s called cervical spinal stenosis. That’s what it is. I have two areas in my neck where the spinal canal, which holds the spinal cord, it’s kind of choked off in two different locations. Lucky that a catastrophe didn’t happen that night, long story short. I’ve gotta go get it fixed. I guess John Cena had something very similar, he had his fixed, and Dr. Maroon has done several of the WWE guys up there and all with great success.”

Sting also mentioned the injury was not affecting his day-to-day life, having just returned from a tour in Europe, and when Flair asked him if he had at least one more match left in him, Sting replied “Absolutely.”
http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2015/12/9/9881270/sting-neck-surgery-wwe-night-of-champions-2015

John Cena is currently scheduled to be off of WWE Live events following the WWE Royal Rumble PPV. Cena is currently scheduled for the PPV, and will then be off of live events until the tour of Germany, which starts on February 10th.

Kaladin

Part timer Cena is coming closer and closer.

Dude is 38 and he's probably seeing more interest from Hollywood now that he's had some small but buzz-worthy rolls.

He's got a lot of upside in that world as he is younger than The Rock and Batista and potentially just as big of a star.

notworksafe

Dang. Cena could be a on a Brock schedule by 2017. That'd be kinda sad, not gonna lie. Cena has really improved his work this year so it'd be a shame to see him slow down now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, there is a reason why we call him Lord Sina.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

WtUO5Wp.gif

Dang. Cena could be a on a Brock schedule by 2017. That'd be kinda sad, not gonna lie. Cena has really improved his work this year so it'd be a shame to see him slow down now.

I won't be that sad to see him go. His selling has always been terrible, and his springboard "innovative offense, john cena is always evolving" stunner looks horrible. He can definitely hold up his end in a match though.

I remember AJ doing a lot of off the wall shit in TNA. Shooting Star Presses onto the outside floor, that time he almost broke his neck in the Ultimate X match.

Glad he's more grounded now.

jmdajr

Rock checked out way, way sooner then Sina is going to though.

And he will never pretend WWE doesn't exist like Rock did for so many years.

Kaladin

Rock checked out way, way sooner then Sina is going to though.

And he will never pretend WWE doesn't exist like Rock did for so many years.

Rock checked out at a time when his loss wasn't the death knell of the company.

Cena hasn't really had that opportunity till now. Only reason his absence is truly felt now is because of all of the injuries.

Top Bottom