• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

I loved when Cena was at the Hammerstein for One Night Stand and the crowd threw his shirt/hat back at him a few times and then tossed toliet paper in the ring. The height of Cena hate, heh.
I kinda sorta felt bad for him but at the same time, I said fuck him. Let's get this shit RVD, I'm tired of got being screwed. Then the fact that my guy Edge was one of the deciding factors in that match, it just made it even more perfect.

Damnit RVD fucked up a good thing.

Kaladin

Cena was so perfect in that role. It was awesome. He's perfect.

image.php

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That shit was trash, I really left the room almost every time I heard their theme.

And now I'm reminded of them every time I see those Lays Biscuits and Gravy

BISCUITS AND GRAYVAAAAAAAAY

I've just realised I've been watching WWE pretty much every week for 10 years. That's the longest I've done it. I usually only last 3 years or so before I take break and watch some other wrestling.

Kaladin

Joey Ryan on the famous penis spot:

‘Someone sent me a link to the match and I was watching it, and rarely do I pop for my own stuff or ‘oh I could’ve done that better/this better’, but I was watching it and I genuinely saw that part and it kinda made me laugh. I was like ‘alright that’s pretty ridiculous’. So I cut that 27 seconds out and I threw it up on Twitter like ‘eh let’s see how it goes’ and people really took to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p55gLjKEok

Remember when festus joined the straight edge society and it was revealed that Jesse kept him in a permanent drugged out stupor so he could be festus?

Shit was dark

Kaladin

Remember when festus joined the straight edge society and it was revealed that Jesse kept him in a permanent drugged out stupor so he could be festus?

Shit was dark

Well, after he got off the drugs and joined the hippie crowd, he went bad again and joined a lawless biker gang.

Lethal vs Big Mike for the ROH world championship at WK10. Fucking hyped.

But also sad now that I know for sure AJ is gonna lose at Final Battle :(

He was going to anyway. Motherfucker needs back surgery and no way anyone is putting a title on him. As much as I'm looking forward to him vs. Nakamura, it's pretty obvious who is winning.

klonere

Banned
I've watched more NXT fancam footage from the UK house shows than I have Raw in the last two months.

I am a sad broken man.

Just back from NXT Glasgow, was a very enjoyable show.

Enzo & Cass were over as well, people were very into them.

Tye Dillenger was arguably most over of the night, his match with Bull was very popular. Some good spots like Bull doing a cartwheel and threatening to eat Tye's sign.

Asuka/Alexa was fun enough, nothing really noteworthy mind you.

Corbin/Neville was good, seeing Neville live is something that feels like a must, really makes you go "What the fuck?" when it comes to his ability.

During the interval, Regal cut an appreciative promo. Joked about how he missed being booed in Scotland, to which the crowd responded naturally.

Gable & Jordan were very over too. For those of you into football, there was the Yaya/Kolo chant for them, which was very fun to do, plus some other stuff for the two. Dash/Dawson got a fair bit of heat as a result.

Bayley/Emma was good too. Bayley had a lot of Christmas themed chants today, including my favourite of the night, "Hug the world, let them know it's Bayley time." Crowd were very into the match.

Joe vs Apollo was very enjoyable too, Apollo has that same quality as Neville were seeing them live makes you more impressed by his agility. Joe was over as hell too, crowd definitely seemed more on his side.

Finn and Zayn were naturally over as hell too. Was very fun watching them two and was a good match. Ton of ICW chants for Finn, which is to be expected, he was very respectful towards that.

ICW was pretty over, the "One fall" chant was very popular, which seemed to have taken the ring announcer by surprise, but he was quick to catch onto it and milk it. By contrast, WWE was not over. At all. The promos for TLC definitely received the loudest boos followed by NXT chants, and Roman was not popular either when he was on screen.

It's still the peak of punk's work, even if the product was pretty shit then.
I remember being excited to watch SD on Fridays at that time.

Edge, Taker, Cody, and Punk whoever was writing was doing a great job. The difference between Raw and SD during that time was night and day. In 2012, that's when it all when down the drain for SD.

But yeah the brand was grand and the only thing that disappointed me was the fact that I didn't get enough Punk on my tv.

I wanted more SES.

Striker

I remember being excited to watch SD on Fridays at that time.

Edge, Taker, Cody, and Punk whoever was writing was doing a great job. The difference between Raw and SD during that time was night and day. In 2012, that's when it all when down the drain for SD.

But yeah the brand was grand and the only thing that disappointed me was the fact that I didn't get enough Punk on my tv.

I wanted more SES.
Edge was still Raw-side for a while until after Mania. But easily the best part of '09 Smackdown was Jericho. His IC run with Rey that year was super fun to watch.

fubo.tv's price is going up to $9.99 a month for new subscribers starting on Monday. If you sign up before then, it stays $6.99. Cheap legal way to get El Rey and LU, and they have apps for iOS/Android/Fire TV/Roku

Browny

Banned
Completely off topic...

I'm currently cuddling my 4 hour old daughter. Haven't named her yet - so she may be referred to as the Black Scorpion for the moment.

Edge was still Raw-side for a while until after Mania. But easily the best part of '09 Smackdown was Jericho. His IC run with Rey that year was super fun to watch.
OK that was Rated RKOs year(right?).

2008-9 was Jericho and HBk(right?).

2007-2009 is so junked together.

I can't remember much from 07.

somedevil

I found this news funny:

- We've noted how there's been talk of WWE possibly hiring Mick Foley's daughter Noelle Foley as a backstage interviewer. According to PWInsider, there are no plans to bring her in right now. Noelle does want the job and it's possible they bring her in at a later date but it's not happening right now. This was also confirmed on Wrestling Observer Radio, where it was speculated that her height could be seen as a negative.

She is 6 ft tall with normal shoes. Its funny because all the current interviewers are 5 ft 5 or shorter.

Its like when they made Tom Philips do splits or anything else not to appear tall. The man is 6 ft

OK that was Rated RKOs year(right?).

2008-9 was Jericho and HBk(right?).

2007-2009 is so junked together.

I can't remember much from 07.

Nah, rated rko was 2006. In 2009 edge was doing that weird love triangle with big show and Vickie and then he tore his acl.

Suit Jericho was the best however.

Top Bottom